what is the hardest heaviest, most brutal song you've heard?

TheButcher said:
lol, Have you ever heard the song? how can you say it's slow?

"Stengah", "Rational Gaze", "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" and "Spasm" are slow, not "War"

Well, We are talking about the fastest and most brutal songs you have heard. Meshuggah don`t even come close compared to what i have heard. But i guess you have listenng to Linkin Park and Alice Cooper your whole life, than i can understand why you think "War" is a fast song.
I recommend you to listen to something else.

Powers said:
A pizza is technically not a pizza without cheese.

In that case it's simply a garlic bread.

Wrong.

Obviously some people on this board just don't 'get' doom/drone. I went through a doom period a couple of years back.. sunn))), Khanate, Teeth of Lions etc etc..

Anyhoo: Psycroptic would be up there with brutality. I honestly didn't realise The Bezerker were big outside Australia. Man, I hate that band.

TheButcher said:
the album "Darkness Descends" of Dark Angel

Good one :headbang:
I'd also mention Nile, I got the Annihilation of the Wicked cd for christmas, that's why I started this thread because I rarely listen to death metal and the such, but I liked this one, and wanted to find out more about this genre.
What about Bloodbath? They're pretty heavy imo.

TheButcher said:
Yeah LP PWNS!1 omg lolz!

cunt!

dont' recommend anything to me, get your ears wax, "War" is brutal and fast, but hey you listen to Mortician aka "Shittiest Band on Earth" i guess I don't know anything, because of people like you is why this board sucks, anyway back on topic, take a listen a this Blast Beats

http://www.galyrecords.com/mp3/beneaththemassacre/beneaththemassacre_comforting_prejudice_unmastered.mp3

"War" isn`t very fast or very brutal but a good song. But still not the fastest or the most brutal song. Pretty obvious.

I don`t like Mortician as i already wrote earlier in this thread but they are still faster and more brutal than "War".

The reason why this board sucks according to you maybe is becasue you can`t take my or other arguments very good and try to use personal attacks on me (and maybe others) wich i`m not going to do back.
If you still feel like you want call me bad words you can pm me instead.

The song you put up was fast. Faster than War. But not exceptional theese days.

Deadlift said:
"War" isn`t very fast or very brutal but a good song. But still not the fastest or the most brutal song. Pretty obvious.

I don`t like Mortician as i already wrote earlier in this thread but they are still faster and more brutal than "War".

The reason why this board sucks according to you maybe is becasue you can`t take my or other arguments very good and try to use personal attacks on me (and maybe others) wich i`m not going to do back.
If you still feel like you want call me bad words you can pm me instead.

The song you put up was fast. Faster than War. But not exceptional theese days.

ok dude, i was just upset because you were saying that i like LP and Alice Cooper, without even knowing my musical taste, sorry for the insults, about the song I know it's not exceptional, i just wanted that you listened those fast blast beats that's all

Powers said:
You knew what i meant mate.

I find it odd that so many people are putting Emperor songs. Fair enough their heavy in the sense you wouldn't see them at number 1 in the charts, but there's far heavier Black Metal bands than them; Mayhem, Darkthrone etc.

What seperates Emperor from them is the operaticness of it all. Particularly "Anthems".

Haha... Have you heard Lord of the Storms? Contrary to what most people seem to think, Emperor did make music before Anthems...and get this: they have music from before In the Nightside Eclipse too.

Beneath the Massacre = Origin + Necrophagist + breakdowns. Crap. Origin is much more brutal. Listen to any song on Echoes of Decimation, particularly the final 20 seconds of Amoeba, for the fastest DM I've ever heard.

I'd say Strapping Young Lad-Oh My Fucking God. But I'm not into the whole blastbeats or drone metal or whatever thing.

Its a tough one this. Yeah Pig Destroyer et al are pretty heavy, but only in short bursts due to the length of their songs. I by Meshuggah is heavy and also due to its length has that added brutality depsite its relative calm sections.

Nile are bollocking fast so they muct get a mention, any one heard of the grind band Rotten Sound, I heard one song - East Western Cancer - and that was brutal. I don't know any of their songs but I've heard Krisiun are tres fast.

This is one for Vampyrouss, you know a band called Wolf Eyes? I never heard their stuff but heard it is pretty extreme...

MasterOLightning said:
Haha... Have you heard Lord of the Storms? Contrary to what most people seem to think, Emperor did make music before Anthems...and get this: they have music from before In the Nightside Eclipse too.

Beneath the Massacre = Origin + Necrophagist + breakdowns. Crap. Origin is much more brutal. Listen to any song on Echoes of Decimation, particularly the final 20 seconds of Amoeba, for the fastest DM I've ever heard.

:tickled:

No i havent heard Lord of the Storms. I was aware that Emperor had music before Anthems. It just so happens that "Anthems" is my favourite album (i fucking adore that disc!).

I thought i'd found an origianl pressing of "Wrath of the Tyrant" in a record shop near me but sadly i was wrong :cry:

Still "Night of the Graveless Souls" on "The Imperial Live Ceremony" is awesome.

Overall, the band fascinates me.

I think of heavy as something that just slams you to the ground and tramples your crippled body the second you hear it... not really having much to do with the ideals in the music. Also, it has to retain some appeal, mystery, or sophistication.

For now, it is probably some death metal stuff such as:
Behemoth
Morbid Angel
Nile
Bloodbath
Cryptopsy
Brodequin
Benediction
....even some Opeth stuff

Shifting my definition of heavy just a tad, I have another song I consider "heavy":

Opeth - The Funeral Portrait

This song reminds me of the first Die Hard movie. Pretty much from the get go, The Funeral Portrait is in my face like Die Hard was. It's a relentless song, topped off at the end by a sprinkle of something different.

NickFBM said:
Its a tough one this. Yeah Pig Destroyer et al are pretty heavy, but only in short bursts due to the length of their songs. I by Meshuggah is heavy and also due to its length has that added brutality depsite its relative calm sections.

Nile are bollocking fast so they muct get a mention, any one heard of the grind band Rotten Sound, I heard one song - East Western Cancer - and that was brutal. I don't know any of their songs but I've heard Krisiun are tres fast.

This is one for Vampyrouss, you know a band called Wolf Eyes? I never heard their stuff but heard it is pretty extreme...

hahaha, same here, the name floats about but I haven't heard any of their stuff yet either!

Until now, theres a couple songs on Altavista, but I cant listen to them loudly right now, but they sound pretty crazy as you'd expect. Lots of feedback/electronics going on and stuff!