Worst album you ever bought thinking it was good

This is very easy to answer to: Desekrator - Metal For Demons. What a complete pile of terrible shit and a waste of money :puke: Well, at least I managed to sell it to some idiot.

Another record that comes to my mind now was Gorgoroth's 'Destroyer'
I only liked the first song and from that I said: fuck it. and gave it to a friend who loves black metal.

as for Dimmu Borgir(tho the Borgir enthusiast won't post anymore :( :lol: ) I really liked Enthrone Darkness Triumphant,that's the only one I liked and I even have the saw edition.the next one sucked big time(according to me) and haven't heard them since

Other cd's that come to mind that i bought that were right puss.

Impaled Nazerene (Fucks me which one it was.It had a cover which reminds me of STP's purple album.And all other material i've heard from these wankers sux ass)
Cronos (Again...god know's which one it was...it sucked)
Thanateros (an Aussie band this one...This was a gift from my girlfriend who was told it was some brutal death outfit...not even...this band blows chunks.This cd easily takes the medal for worst band ever)

yourdeadgroom: yeah I also bought the almost a dance one.that album's music is ok the fucking voice is just awful.I have only heard it 3 times in 4 years :lol:

Dreamlord -- that's the Golden Dawn cd cover you're using as your icon/avatar, no?

I *had* a copy of it which was given to me by one of the ABMS a while back and LOVED it . . . I've since misplaced it and wondered where I'd find a copy of it now . . .

have any ideas?

Originally posted by TexunNYC
Dreamlord -- that's the Golden Dawn cd cover you're using as your icon/avatar, no?

I *had* a copy of it which was given to me by one of the ABMS a while back and LOVED it . . . I've since misplaced it and wondered where I'd find a copy of it now . . .

have any ideas?

First of all. Duder, you FUCKING rule. I HAVE NEVER met anybody else that knows about Golden Dawn. Their album, 'The Art of Dreaming', has got to be one of the best symphonic black metal (no Dimmu cheese here) releases ever.

I own the album, but it was not easy to get a hold of. It has been OOP for over three years. The only place I know that you can get it is on eBay. You'll have to do the worldwide search as it is usually only sold in Germany. I found this link for you: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=917011826 It says the seller will only ship to Germany, but just email him and ask if he'll ship to wherever you are. Tell him you'll pay extra (if you want) and maybe he'll sell it to you.

I was in contact with Ray Wells (Pazuzu, Raventhrone) for a while and he sent me a CD-r of ABMS:Norici Obscura Pars, a compilation (only 1000 made) with rare tracks from GOlden Dawn, Pazuzu, and Vuzem (aka Hollenthon). I since won this cd on eBay. :D

Well, I hope this info helps.

PS- My avatar is of Pazuzu's 'Awaken the Dragon'

Originally posted by npearce
'Bitches Brew' is a classic and considered "untouchable" for a reason. It's too bad you aren't into this style of music. It provided more originality and atmosphere than anything else in that era or probably any era since. It's fine that you don't like it, but you are probably not qualified to make a judgment about such a masterpiece. Sometimes things are made for the sake of art. Music is an art form, and Miles Davis created some of the most amazing art in the his jazz-fusiona era. Albums like 'Bitches Brew' have become a strong influence on a lot of the doom/drone bands. Sunn 0))) in particular.

Why shouldn't I be qualified to judge this record???? It's not like anyone knows more about music than someone else for some reason. I can comment on Bryan Adams and say it sucks, but so can my mom and she likes him! Everybody got different taste as I've said numerous times! It's not like I don't like jazz or Miles Davis. I have over 1100 records and a good deal of them are jazz! Teddy Wilson's version of "'Round midnight" is among the best three songs I've ever heard!!! Oscar Peterson's "Wheatland" is also a truly amazing song and his "Hymn to freedom" is also really superb! When it comes to Miles Davis, I like some of his stuff. I have 4 of his records, "Porgy & Bess", "Kind of blue", "Sketches of Spain" & "We want Miles" and they're all pretty good (although "Sketches..." only has one song IMO). I just think "Bitches brew" is outright awful! As simple as that. If I don't like it, I don't like it! If you like it, you like it! I can play it for a guy I know who only listens to black metal and he will say it's shit and then I can play it for another guy who thinks it's superb. Music is 100% taste, and I don't understand why I shouldn't be qualified to judge this record!? :confused:
To me this record just seemed like Miles pushed the limits of what was experimenting and fusion-like, but it didn't appeal to me. I like to have some structure, melody and catchiness to music, not just a bunch of random notes smacked together for 10 minuttes.
If a person likes "Bitches brew" that's cool by me, just as long as I don't have to listen to as I said. To me it just seems like jazz has somehow become so trendy. "Hey, I just bought this Massive Attack and also this Miles Davis record, and I tell you, it's simply so good, so good I tell you!". I don't know if you know what I mean? At least here in Denmark to be hip, trendy and all that shit you had to listen to Massive Attack a couple of years ago and now you have to listen to naked music instead. It's just like fashion in clothes. It was a fashion to listen to trip hop. Now that's not fashionable anymore, now you have to listen to naked music. If you're really cool you also have to check out some old jazz stuff to "explore the roots". To me it's just corny to be like that. I don't see why I should follow some rules that the fashion dictates. I don't wear some super-expensive clothes and I don't listen to "cool" music. I wear what I feel like and listen to what I feel like! I listen to more or less any kinds of music that existed before the 80's. I have the weirdest records you've never heard about and my biggest idol is Lee Hazlewood. There's nothing "cool" and fashionable about him. I saw him live and more or less everybody there except me was over 30 or 40. My parents know him, but noone on my age know him, unless I've talked about him. You don't control how you feel. If I feel Lee Hazlewood is god I'll listen him and if I feel that "Bitches brew" is utter crap I won't listen to that!
I don't know if I sound like one of those guys "You can't listen to that and you can't listen to, 'cause that's wack because I say so and if you listen to it you're a complete moron" as I hate that shit! People sometimes do that here and everytime you see me come with this "Everybody got different taste" shit.
But anyway I won't mind discussing this as I always like discussing music, especially stuff like this and not just "have you heard that record" and so on.

I like experimental music. That's probably why I like 'Bitches Brew' era Miles. I can understand why you don't like it if you like melodies and stuff in your music. I went through a 1 1/2 year phase of only listening to jazz. 'Bitches Brew' just happens to be one of my all time favorite jazz albums.

Originally posted by manuelgv
yourdeadgroom: yeah I also bought the almost a dance one.that album's music is ok the fucking voice is just awful.I have only heard it 3 times in 4 years :lol:
:D Yeah, I pull that album out about once a year too, there's a couple of songs that I really like, but I can only handle the vocals for about 10 minutes :s
Wish they'd redo it with Anneke singing, but it'll never happen :(

Originally posted by Uprisen
That MDB album; 34,7657356949 something complete%

No matter what anyone says its just plain awful!

yup,i concur.... or well maybe not so horribly awful,i have heard worse stuff,but in some way i still consider it as a waste of money... (but heheh acually i haven't paid for that....it was a birthday present!...is this maybe a sign that this friend hated me? :p ) anyway,i only liked "Die Überlebende"

i also hate a Night in Gales albumi had bought,whose title is "towards the twilight" if i am not mistaken..... arghhh crap

I like the MDB album,well but I like the MDB newer stuff.I don't like their first albums,don't like the voice at all
and I just love heroin chic,that song kicks ass
heh

Originally posted by Melancholia
yup,i concur.... or well maybe not so horribly awful,i have heard worse stuff,but in some way i still consider it as a waste of money... (but heheh acually i haven't paid for that....it was a birthday present!...is this maybe a sign that this friend hated me? :p ) anyway,i only liked "Die Überlebende"

i also hate a Night in Gales albumi had bought,whose title is "towards the twilight" if i am not mistaken..... arghhh crap

Wow.Is that a pic of you Melancholia?You look Gorgeous girl.