Worst album you ever bought thinking it was good

Emperor-Anthems and Equilibrium. Everyone always praises emperor so I got Equilibrium and hated it. I figured I must have just got a bad album since everyone loves them so much. So i got anthems a year later and hated that too.

Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness-My friends write better riffs than Abbath. One of the most boring CDs i have ever heard.

Nevermore-Dreaming Neon Black. I really liked Dead Heart. I got this hearing that it is much better. When I listened to it, I though that half of it seemed to be filler.

Limbonic Art-Ultimate Death Worship Same reason as Emperor.

Originally posted by IcedEarth556
Emperor-Anthems and Equilibrium. Everyone always praises emperor so I got Equilibrium and hated it. I figured I must have just got a bad album since everyone loves them so much. So i got anthems a year later and hated that too.

Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness-My friends write better riffs than Abbath. One of the most boring CDs i have ever heard.

jeez, and you like Iced Earth?:confused:

I'd have to say Oktober - Heathen Pride. Fucking trash!

Anyway, it's off topic, but Dreamlord, assuming you also listen to Raventhrone, can you help me out? Is Endless Conflict Theorem as good as Malice In Wonderland?

Originally posted by Sonnenritter
Anyway, it's off topic, but Dreamlord, assuming you also listen to Raventhrone, can you help me out? Is Endless Conflict Theorem as good as Malice In Wonderland?

Yes, I own both Raventhrone albums. Too be honest, I listen to ECT more than Malice...

ECT has some "happier" sounding songs, but they actually work. Ray Wells has put more 80's sounding stuff on ECT than on MiW. There are also some brutal songs with his deep death metal voice.

Bottom line: If you like MiW, chances are, you'll like ECT.

Originally posted by Survivor Of The Lake
I'll say Meshuggah's Nothing, In Flames ClayMan (After that i knew R2R would be tripe) and Entombed's Morning Star

Haven't heard Nothing yet,but Clayman?Morningstar?Fuck man...those cd's rule.I could understand Entombed's Same Difference.I can't wait to hear nothing and r2r now.Everyone's bagging them.They must be good.

Well I looked through my CDs and I have blindly bought some bad CDs.

Coal Chamber - Dark Days
My friend told me Coal Chamber were one of the best bands ever and I'd never heard them so I just grabbed this. Man it's bad.

Meshuggah - Nothing
It's what the title says. Nothing.

Fear Factory - Digimortal

Ugh...a friend recommended this pile of poo...so I got it for 20 euro's (euro=dollar)...and I was glad someone bought it from me after a week, for 4 euro's, but still, I was glad I got rid of it. Steer well clear... :S

I remember I bought a Korn cd once(yeah I deserve to be burned) when I was like 14 and looking for music I liked.I bought it and said to myself: this is a fucking piece of crap.
good thing is that I burned it(with a lighter) and had some fun with it

De Infernali "Symphonias De Infernali" , the project from Dissection`s main man Jon Nodtveidt, I wasn`t expecting some technoindustrial shit.

Originally posted by dimensionidol
random notes?

learn to play an instrument like them and then we maybe re-talk about it!

:err:
I have never said that they don't know how to play instruments or that they're talentless or shit like that! I just don't like the music - as simple as that! To me it just sounded like they were pushing the limits of being experimental (& weird) instead of just making good music (which of course is a subjective term and they probably liked what they did). I can say for all music: Sometimes it works and sometime it don't! My favorite artist, Lee Hazlewood have made lots of superb songs, but he has also made crappy country shit that I can't relate to at all!
As I said in the other reply I made about this record, it's not that I don't like Miles Davis as I have 4 of his records. Acid jazz is one of the "worse" genres. There's lots of jazz that I like, but I can't really go for records where I can't find heads or tails, cool riffs, catchyness and so on, even after 50 listens, no matter what genre it is (Miles Davis "Bitches brew" or Slayer's "God hates us all").

The worst disappointing albums for me were:

Megadeth: Risk - what the hell, this is a great pop album, If you like pop, but where the hell is heavy metal? Dave and co went sell-outs with this one. This album should not have MEGADETH name on it.

Warmen: Beyond abilities: Shit, all those synthesizer solos make me want to puke! I really thought that this band was worth of effort, but no!

Unleashed: Victory: All the songs are mid-tempo and sound like same shit all over again.

-All the metallica albums after ...and justice for all.. : James Hetfield and Lars ulrich cannot make good songs anymore..

Originally posted by Hatebreeder33
Arch Enemy - 'Wages of Sin'

What a piece of shit.

Couldn't agree more. I actually listened to it on mp3 for a while and thought i'd buy it for Enemy Within and to see if the rest of it would grow on me. Alas, it did not, and I don't even like the first track anymore. Definately the ugly duckling in my collection.