Your most hated metal albums!!

The King Of Terrors said:
I was expecting someone who was actually unable to play, but it's clear that he's a virtuoso.
He might be technically sound, but there is more to a good guitarist, certain intangibles that this guy certainly hasn´t. No sense of melody or feeling whatsoever, this solo is SO fuckin´ boring!

He hasn't played a single fucking melody in his whole life! And he is extreemily sloppy and innacurate.
I like Rusty Cooley, but even tho it's still shred-look-at-me guitar music, it's still done in a musical context, but Fransesco is just......shit!

Soilwork - Figure number five:
I don't exactly hate it, but comparing fnf to two excellent former albums, predator's portrait and natural born chaos, fnf is bullshit, really boring. Seems like their trying to make more "commercial" music, unfortunately.

Metallica - St. Anger:
This must be some kind of joke. I feel sorry for everyone, who bought that album just because of the name of Metallica. The first time I heard the individual song "St. Anger", I thought that is a demo song of a Finnish garage band, trying to achieve a recording contract.

hahaha!!! i am glad that everybody agrees with me about francesco! hahaha!! he clearly sucks, huh.. well, i could not believe my ears when i heard that shit.. it isn't music, it is just simply sound. sound organized in some sort of time by an unsyncapated drum machine. it is beyond me how someone as skilled as him is not at all musical. his influences are jason becker, satriani, yngwie, and tons of GOOD guitarists, so what i am trying to say is: after practicing sooo much and listening to such great music, wouldn't he have at least a teenie weenie bit of a sense of melody? he is definately a mystery to me. i signed his guestbook too! haha. and told him what i thought. technically, he is very good for 7 years of playing, but hopefully by 10 years, he will have written a good song. lol well, peace - ben

all blind guardian albums kick ass. go get imaginations from the other side you wont be disspointed. My worst album is symphony x - odyssey. Not that its bad. Its quite good musically. But it does nothing for me personally/.

I love Dream Theater, but I loathe "Six Degrees" - the pinnacle of mediocrity, when they're capable of SO much better. I suffered through it twice, then sold it back to the store.

Here's to hoping the next one's an improvement.

Yeah, i bought it pretty soon after it came out so it was really expensive and it was one of the biggest dissapointement in my life. The production is good(as on most DT albums) but the songs really SUCK!
Listen to "The Great Debate" when Labrie starts shouting out "Are you justified?" multiple times after each other, now THAT`s nu metal for ya...... :ill:

Wow. Now THIS shows a major diffrence in opinionm cuz I love Six Degree's for what it is, and the music IS killer.

Great album!

Plus, they released some great secret audio of Dan Rather that EVERYONE should hear!!!

Manga-San said:
I'm going to get flamed for this...

Rush-2112

Sure, the song 2112 is a masterpiece and has genius everything and so on...
If you're going to pick on Rush, pick on Vapor Trails! That album is to Rush what St. Anger is to Metallica. It's the "let's throw our technical skills out the window and bury what's left under really bad production" album.

I don't completely hate it, though. I think there are a couple tracks that could be great if the sound quality weren't so awful. Test for Echo is actually a much worse album with respect to the songs themselves, but it's much more listenable due to good production. I somewhat agree about "side 2" of 2112. I like Lessons: I think it's a good tune, and the most Zeppelinesque song Rush did after their self-titled debut. Other than that, I don't care for side 2, and it's often enough to keep me from listening to the album.

St. Anger on the other hand... phew! :D

I don't dislike any metal albums so much that I want to smash my knuckles in but my biggest disappointment so far is St. Anger. Not that I'm all that bothered anymore about Metallica like I once was but I can't believe they were capable of making an album as poorly produced and sloppy as this one.

Fear of the Dark (Maiden) is probably my fave along with Somewhere in Time. It holds good memories for me as it was the first 'new' Maiden album after I got into metal. No Prayer for the Dying is my least fave from the first Bruce era.

If this is talking about worst albums from a favorite band, back when I was 15-16 I was into Black Sabbath with Tony Martin vocals (dunno if thats even really classified as metal, it sounds more rock-ish) the girls will probably like his voice, its gorgeous, anyway, Their greatest album was Tyr, Headless Cross not too bad, Cross Purposes not bad either really.. but then.. they brought out Forbidden.. omg.. that was the end of my fetish, its pure shite.

Now, I gotta say worst album for a band I love.. sorry to say, is SyX's self titled debut. I cannot listen to it, Rods vocals are simply awful and the lyrics and chorus' are cheesy.

Theres plenty of other bad albums, but I generally find myself unable to like the band at all after hearing them.

And I just heard Francesco Fareri's slow guitar solo. I wouldnt say he is really THE worlds worst guitarist, but I did truly find his music extremely boring and unimaginative and lacking variance. I think perhaps he should stick to letting other people write the music.. I might listen to a bit more than just that though to form a sound opinion.

ok listening to his other guitar solo now.. *rolls eyes*.. didnt anyone ever tell him that playing extremely fast doesnt make it necessarily sound good? Its just noise, theres no melody or harmony at all to it. He's definately NO MJR!!!