2013 - new and upcoming albums

So, this is happening:

I actually like it. Reminds me of Youthanasia by way of Cryptic Writings. A lot of people are already hating on this song, but I think it's one of Mustaine's catchiest in a long time. But I also like Risk, so my Megadeth opinion doesn't hold much stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like the tschhoaaang effect on the voice. Perhaps that's because of shitty youtube quality?
Anyway I don't think it's so bad.

That Megadeth song does absolutely nothing for me. That band has always been about the riffs, and there's really none in this song - it's got that "wall of sound" thing going on, which I've never cared for. Oh well; they haven't done anything really remarkable in 20 years, anyway.

I don't like the tschhoaaang effect on the voice.

Careful, you might start the vocal genre equivalent of djent.

That Megadeth song does absolutely nothing for me. That band has always been about the riffs, and there's really none in this song - it's got that "wall of sound" thing going on, which I've never cared for. Oh well; they haven't done anything really remarkable in 20 years, anyway.

Though they haven't had a completely solid album since Countdown, most albums have had some very bright spots (especially Youthanasia). Cryptic and Risk had their moments and the first half of System Has Failed is great. "Washington is Next" was a cool song. As for recent years, I agree. Endgame and Thirteen are incredibly forgettable. Hopefully this album is more consistent and memorable. I realize I'm grasping at straws here, but with these bands that continue to hammer themselves into the grave that's about all you can do.

No lie, that is by far the worst Megadeth song I've ever heard. Literally everything about it sucks. When I first heard it, I just started laughing my ass off like crazy, thinking "how in the hell could Dave write something this hilariously bad?" I mean, this coming from the guy who once wrote Holy Wars? Is this some kind of fucking joke?

Dave's voice sounds completely shot, like he's constipated or something, just sitting on the crapper trying to squeeze out the biggest shit of his life (maybe after that he picked up the turd and turned it into the song). The guitar does nothing interesting whatsoever, aside from the solo which even then is pretty weak by Megadeth standards. It's just a bunch of sustained whole notes with some basic drumming in the background, the epitome of a crappy radio-rock song. The chorus is just awful. I remember reading somewhere that someone likened it to Dave trying to re-write Life is a Highway, and I do genuinely hear that. The problem is that for this song to work, it needs a powerful vocal delivery behind it, which Dave just cannot pull off.

The worst part is how he and Ellefson went on to say that the album was sounding more like Killing is my Business. Yeah, if that's what KIMB sounds like, then Dave truly has lost his marbles (though are any of us honestly surprised?). I swear the guy made more sense back when he was jacked up on 9 different drugs at once daily. I still can't believe this is actually the title-track, the song which is supposed to represent the entire album to follow. You'd think it would be something awesome, something fast-paced with actual riffs for the rhythm, but instead it's a disaster.

I genuinely feel bad for Chris Broderick having to play this crap. His amazing talent is being completely squandered here, and I can't even begin to imagine that his creative needs are being fulfilled with this.

Of course I could be wrong, and the rest of the album could be completely different, but if this is their idea of a good first single, then all the excitement is just completely gone. Having guest vocal appearances from Willie Nelson and David Draiman didn't exactly sell me on the album either, but that's another matter altogether.

That's the worst Megadeth song you've ever heard? Have you ever heard I Ain't Superstitious, Liar, Psychotron, Family Tree, I'll Get Even, Sin, Have Cool, Will Travel, The Doctor is Calling, Seven, Recipe for Hate...Warhorse, Losing My Senses, When, I Know Jack, Truth Be Told, Shadow of Deth, Play for Blood, A Tout Le Monde ft. Cristina Scabbia, Amerikhastan, You're Dead, Burnt Ice, 1,320, Bite the Hand, Bodies, Endgame, The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed with a Kiss, How the Story Ends, The Right to Go Insane, Sudden Death, Public Enemy #1, Whose Life (Is It Anyways?), We the People, Guns, Drugs, & Money, Never Dead, Fast Lane, Black Swan, Wrecker, Deadly Nightshade, or 13?

That's the worst Megadeth song you've ever heard? Have you ever heard I Ain't Superstitious, Liar, Psychotron, Family Tree, I'll Get Even, Sin, Have Cool, Will Travel, The Doctor is Calling, Seven, Recipe for Hate...Warhorse, Losing My Senses, When, I Know Jack, Truth Be Told, Shadow of Deth, Play for Blood, A Tout Le Monde ft. Cristina Scabbia, Amerikhastan, You're Dead, Burnt Ice, 1,320, Bite the Hand, Bodies, Endgame, The Hardest Part of Letting Go...Sealed with a Kiss, How the Story Ends, The Right to Go Insane, Sudden Death, Public Enemy #1, Whose Life (Is It Anyways?), We the People, Guns, Drugs, & Money, Never Dead, Fast Lane, Black Swan, Wrecker, Deadly Nightshade, or 13?

But I Ain't Superstitious is good... :err:

No lie, that is by far the worst Megadeth song I've ever heard.

Dave's voice sounds completely shot, like he's constipated or something, just sitting on the crapper trying to squeeze out the biggest shit of his life (maybe after that he picked up the turd and turned it into the song).

I still can't believe this is actually the title-track, the song which is supposed to represent the entire album to follow.

Every Megadeth album (even RIP) has had some shits and (usually) some winners (aka non-shits). Cryptic Writings, for example, had the incredible She-Wolf, some decent tunes, some gold/silver shits, some average run-of-the-mill turds, and some literal shits (e.g. Have Cool, Will Travel).

Perhaps Dave would sound more natural if someone slipped him some laxatives in his beverage of choice? Sometimes, though, the album title is chosen based on what sounds the most intriguing. The hadron collider is pretty awesome, and I feel that naming the album "Dance in the Rain" would lead the band in a direction they had not prepared for.

That's the worst Megadeth song you've ever heard? Have you ever heard Psychotron?

Yep. A-maz-ing.

That's the worst Megadeth song you've ever heard? Have you ever heard A Tout Le Monde ft. Cristina Scabbia?

Point taken.

Although Recipe... is a fantastic song. And why didn't you list Moto Psycho? 100 miles an hour!

check the new Votum's "Harvest moon", great melanchonic prog in Riverside and Opeth style from Poland. About black sabbath,they will come in december in Milan,I've got the ticket (about 70 euro).What do you think about the new Dgm?
I think it will be perfect for SX fans

This is this band's debut album apparently. I think it sounds great. Sounds like Morrowind in the beginning lol

Last edited by a moderator: