Arrival Times in Atlanta

Aeturnia said:
I just started this job in January, so I haven't had all that much time to accrue vacation. I had obnoxious amounts at my last job, but I'd been there for 8 years. Nothing like starting from scratch. :erk: Nothing keeps me from PP though...I'd take a week unpaid if I had to!

I did that last year. :) (except not a whole week).. check and see if they'll give you a few days in advance, most companies are good about letting you go into negative time.

nailz said:
man, i get 2 weeks vacation and a week for personal, on top of holidays and one floating holiday. hehe
I have been with this company for 15 years, and i get 6 weeks of vacation plus 5 days sick time(if i am sick more than 5 straight days it goes to Short term disability) and 11 holiday days(memorial day, 4th, labor day, two days for thanksgiving and the rest at Christmas) plus i have 33 days of legacy vacation (days before our merger with HUGHES AIRCRAFT) but i can't use those they are paying us for those to get them off the books. Even with all this vacation time i can't seem to find the time when i can take more than 2 or days at a time. But i am taking the week Sept 11th and the week of the 18th off my first real vacation since 2003.:kickass:

Pyramaze51 said:
I have been with this company for 15 years, and i get 6 weeks of vacation plus 5 days sick time(if i am sick more than 5 straight days it goes to Short term disability) and 11 holiday days(memorial day, 4th, labor day, two days for thanksgiving and the rest at Christmas) plus i have 33 days of legacy vacation (days before our merger with HUGHES AIRCRAFT) but i can't use those they are paying us for those to get them off the books. Even with all this vacation time i can't seem to find the time when i can take more than 2 or days at a time. But i am taking the week Sept 11th and the week of the 18th off my first real vacation since 2003.:kickass:
Wow, lots of time off, too bad they never let you take it. Was the same for my husband, Matt with the old job. Luckily he has a new one. :kickass:
I have a mixed blessing with my job. I am a newspaper correspondant which means I do the work of a reporter and have a steady beat that I do every week, but I get paid per diem, by the piece, so I can take off time whenever I want, within reason, but I don't get paid. But I also can request additional assignments and get paid more if I need the cash flow for, like ProgPower or something. :headbang: A good deal for the second income in the family.

Just checked my reservation with the Granada, because I'm paranoid and don't trust them, lol. All is well! Can't wait! Now if only they would let me upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. Decided to save money, since they jacked up the prices, but regretting it now. Oh well, no biggie.

I'll be arriving late Wednesday afternoon. Would have liked to push it back to Thursday and save a night of hotel expenses, but with the time change, it's difficult to find a schedule from AZ that allows same-day travel...with enough of a time cushion to allow for airline delays.

Missing the pre-party was NOT an option.

Angrafan said:
I don't think I've ever been this fast on the turnpike.. On thursday I went to the west coaast and hit 110 a couple of times on the Alligator Alley... I didn't mean to go that fast, but the road was damn empty and it's a freaking straight line for 80 miles.. I didn't even realize I was going that fast..

I just hate having to file a flight plan when I drive to Atlanta....
:p

Angrafan said:
We will be doing the same thing we do every year.. :) we will arrive in Atlanta a few hours before the pre-party, driving from the Ft. Lauderdale area... :)
Staying at the Super 8!
Happy trails, amigo! Hail to my True Brother in Soccer!:headbang: :kickass:

LunaTEKKE said:
it's difficult to find a schedule from AZ that allows same-day travel...with enough of a time cushion to allow for airline delays

yeppers, coming from CA myself and the reason I'm flying on an overnite flight. It's getting closer!! YAY!:Smokin:

I finally booked my last needed flight a few days ago. After a little 6 day sidetrip to NY area and VA I'll be flying Delta from DC (Reagan National) to ATL on Wednesday and my arrival time is 2.48pm.

Pyramaze51 said:
I have been with this company for 15 years, and i get 6 weeks of vacation plus 5 days sick time(if i am sick more than 5 straight days it goes to Short term disability) and 11 holiday days(memorial day, 4th, labor day, two days for thanksgiving and the rest at Christmas)
I just hit 11 years 8/10. Yea me! :loco:

The only difference I have from you is I get 7 sick days....but they are mine to use as I choose as well... I seriously have trouble finding the time to take 6+ weeks off each year.

As to the thread topic.....I'll be hitting Atlanta around 2:30 Wednesday after noon, catching MARTA to the Granada and meeting up with TheWhisper for a beer and booze run first thing!