CHIMAIRA

New Chimaira track 7

CRASH!!! -- (girl screams for her life) -- Noooo!!! ....... THUNK!!!!

Is that bad if keep listening to that over and over? Damn that is so cool, fucken best intro!!

Genius, that intro is kinda disturbing. Don't care much for the song, it's a bit creepy. "Daddy's playground..." It's NQR.

Empire is an awesome song.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The copy I got was an Import and Empire was the last track. Did you get another 2 songs? Are they any good?

Genius, that intro is kinda disturbing. Don't care much for the song, it's a bit creepy. "Daddy's playground..." It's NQR.

But it fits the song. Mark outlines the song meaning on the DVD. And, the lyrics pretty much make it clear.

But, yeah, as a father I find it disturbing as well...Sometimes you have to get that stuff out, though (I'm talking of musical expression here).

+1

I seriously cannot listen to that track, and deleted it from my iPod very, very quickly.

I just can't do anything even remotely mysogenic, it makes me feel literally sick to my stomach listening to stuff like that. :erk:

lol, same here man. i understand the intent, but i immediately skipped over that part the second i heard it for the first time, haha.

like, whoaaaa, wtf!

+1

I seriously cannot listen to that track, and deleted it from my iPod very, very quickly.

I just can't do anything even remotely mysogenic, it makes me feel literally sick to my stomach listening to stuff like that. :erk:

This album is ridiculously sick. Musically it's great. I'm a huge Chimaira fan, and this is my favourite release yet. It's gone back to the heaviness of Impossibility, but kept the dark, brooding sound of the self-titled. The track with the girl screaming may be upsetting, but as a song it's fucking brilliant. Love the Meshuggah-esque intro. They've really found their own sound on this one.

Production wise, this is a monster. The drums are massive, and the guitars are fucking savage. Mark's vocals are really dark sounding as well. Great job from all the people involved on this one.

. I'm actually a little dissapointed with the mastering, I feel its too squashed, theres alot more compression on the finished thing.

It sounds strange because it's not the typical squashed till distortion that we're getting used to nowadays, it's more like you can hear the compression on some initial transients and some pumping. :confused: It has less power.
It seems more compression and not so much limiting.

It would be interesting to hear a (small :cool:) sample of a song unmastered to hear the difference.

I checked out Chimaira live, April 1st in Kansas City. Great show! All 25 minutes.:erk: Only one song from the new record.:erk: They opened for Dragonforce and Killswtch Engage.:ill::puke: When we arrived, the show was sold out. My friend stripped to his boxers and ran down the street for tics from Jim LaMarca himself! Jim really hooked us up, man! I will edit in the video link later. I shot video for the entire Chimaira set as well! I'm fixing overmodulated audio, then I will post it.

:kickass: