CHIMAIRA

It doesn't seem like an acoustic to me, it doesn't have that kind of sound to it. The notes don't seem to be there as much, it seems to be all pick to me.

Jeff

Didn't notice it before, but I can hear it with headphones. Weird but I suppose even Andy could have missed something like that. :p

I agree. I have been listening to this CD over and over. At first I thought it was really good. This thing has really grown on me. And now it is one of my all time favs. I have a group of reference mixes that I use all the time to check my mixes. Testament the gathering, and a bunch of other Andy works are in that file. I move my favs to the right of the mix window in order of the mixes I like best. The new Chimaira record is now in the top position all the way to the right. Absolutely my fav this year and maybe many years to come. Heavy and clean. Awesome work!

How about those samples Andy. If you got em I am sure they would be much appreciated by all. The drums are actually one of the most "real" sounding kits I have heard on any of Andy's productions. I wonder what the percentage is of real to sampled drums on this record. I am sure the neve equipment did not hurt anything in the drum tracking phase (it was Neve right?) Also, Andy are you still using Drumagog as your main replacement program? It would be fantastic to get these as gogs.

Thanks,

Keith

I've had this album lying around for a while now, but I only found it's brilliance about two weeks ago. I got my Muvo working again so I tried it out by taking Resurrection to work with me, and holy shit. This has got to be one of the best sounding metal albums I've ever heard. It's been spinning on repeat since.

Seems like lot's of people are almost disgusted by The Flame. There's gotta be something wrong with me, since I find it the most kickass song on the album :) The theme and songwriting makes it a really ruthless and brutal song. Works like a fist in the a-uh, face.

I've had this album lying around for a while now, but I only found it's brilliance about two weeks ago. I got my Muvo working again so I tried it out by taking Resurrection to work with me, and holy shit. This has got to be one of the best sounding metal albums I've ever heard. It's been spinning on repeat since.

Seems like lot's of people are almost disgusted by The Flame. There's gotta be something wrong with me, since I find it the most kickass song on the album :) The theme and songwriting makes it a really ruthless and brutal song. Works like a fist in the a-uh, face.

Same here man, I'm loving The Flame, the fucking chorus is awesome!

Just got this album on my iTunes.
Thought I would chime and say, to all involved: Great sounding album!
Really good work. You should all be proud of your efforts.
Now I wish that I would've bought in the store - for the DVD extras!
Oh well ....
Take care.

You need the limited edition of the record to get the video stuffs.

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that one of the parts Andy was disappointed with on this record -- as far as the mastering goes -- is at 00:53 of track 4when it really kicks in. Seems like there could be a little more punch there.

Still, I think this might be Andy's best work, the guitars are so fukn sick, mmmm ear candy!!!

is at 00:53 of track 4when it really kicks in. Seems like there could be a little more punch there.

Yeah i agree, not sure if it's a mastering problem though, it's almost like there is a cymbal(s) hit missing or its too soft to emphasize the climax from the build up.

but thats my untrained opinion though.

andy- brilliant. im sure your hearing this alot, but the production in it is awsome. did you or jason or any other producer have much to do with the arrangment of the songs? ive noticed that every song just seems to flow really fucking well. the whole album just..flows...its awsome stuff. as you all know :D

Hey guys, quick question, I was reading a bit about the squashing of the album, and noticed when I started to master a mix that 99.9999% of the peaks were snare or even occasional kick drum...Now, I brought those down closer to the rest of the song and tried not to reduce the dynamic range of the rest of the audio at all.

I personally liked the fact that those peaks were brought down, it made the drums pop out more, made it easier to listen without a snare transient cutting my head off, but when these guys argue about losing dynamics...do they really want those hits to be the loudest thing in the mix, or are they just against crushing the mix to a square wave?

I like to leave everything else pretty dynamic, and a lack thereof is usually the band's fault, due to tube compression on all the guitars, and a need for the vox to be heard in competition with the gtrs.

Please give me your feedback.

David