CHIMAIRA

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that one of the parts Andy was disappointed with on this record -- as far as the mastering goes -- is at 00:53 of track 4when it really kicks in. Seems like there could be a little more punch there.

Hmmm, I don't know dude. I doubt it. The song doesn't really kick in until around 1:21. 0:53 is more of a lead-in. He'd have no-where to go if that part really punched and then the next part rolls around where it's really rocking.

Hmmm.. fuck it. Seems too, dare I say; trivial to me anyhow.

You know, timelines/deadlines and such withstanding. :)

I heard the whole cd and watched the dvd for the first time on sunday and ... whoo ... both absolutely blew me away.

Apart from the few too-evil slipknot-riffs here and there and the lyrics this is a great album and of course a great production. I LOVE the drums - especially the snare ...

I've been cracking up this album again last night TO bandpractice and back from bandpractice..
For me this is the metal release of 2007!

Only thing I dislike are the lyrics, just a bit to evil sometimes. Was better on the ST.

Andy, any word on the treatment of the bass. Did you use just the DI or re-amp?

Any info. appreciated.

Thanks,

Keith

The riff starting at around 3:10 in The Flame might just be one of the most amazing riffs I've ever heard. Awesome work on this album, it's just mindblowing. Dig the DVD as well.

The riff starting at around 3:10 in The Flame might just be one of the most amazing riffs I've ever heard. Awesome work on this album, it's just mindblowing. Dig the DVD as well.

Just revisited that riff, damn awesome!!! I had it cranking through my monitors and when the subdrop went off, wow. :headbang: The Ride at 3:20 is so crisp and shimmery. The song still weirds me out though.

"Six" with the monitors cranked kicks major ass as well. Love that theremin.

Picked up their Dehumanizing Process DVD the other day, enjoyed that, wish it had more studio type stuff like the bonus Resurrection DVD.

x

But everytime I see the guys playing live they are more bored. Expecially the singer. The bassist plays 2 note (the last time I see them, it has no amp, only sansamp direct to the pa) and the rest of the set gesticulates. The only ones that save the company are Matt DeVries (headbanging from the start to the end) and Andols, a little human metronome.

But everytime I see the guys playing live they are more bored. Expecially the singer. The bassist plays 2 note (the last time I see them, it has no amp, only sansamp direct to the pa) and the rest of the set gesticulates. The only ones that save the company are Matt DeVries (headbanging from the start to the end) and Andols, a little human metronome.

Same thing here. Singer looks more annoyed everytime I see him. Only guys really giving it are Matt & Andols (also Kevin used to know how to entertain!!).

I heard them saying somewhere that they do not enjoy tour Europe for some reason, curious why! So that might be it?!

That's funny that they say that about touring Europe. If it's any consolation, they look just as bored when they play in the states (with the exceptions already mentioned). Still, I'm not complaining, they played well. Not every band has to flip out on stage to entertain me.

That's funny that they say that about touring Europe. If it's any consolation, they look just as bored when they play in the states (with the exceptions already mentioned). Still, I'm not complaining, they played well. Not every band has to flip out on stage to entertain me.

Nope they don't have to flip out. But atleast make it look like you're having fun..
That looks all gone, like they're annoyed being on stage..

I watched the bonus dvd for the first time last night, the shit with Morgoth was quality. Although I noticed they said he was gonna bring his norwiegan mysticism... from the netherlands (or words to that effect). Great bonus dvd - shame the testament one wasn't as good as it.

I watched the bonus dvd for the first time last night, the shit with Morgoth was quality. Although I noticed they said he was gonna bring his norwiegan mysticism... from the netherlands (or words to that effect). Great bonus dvd - shame the testament one wasn't as good as it.
Aye, this was kind of the sequel to The Dehumanizing Process DVD, except with Andy!:lol:

Yeah, Ante Up studios it was recorded. But those pictures are from the sessions with jason suecof for resurrection, so I can't be pre-production on a new album since that's completely done with ben schielgel & zeuss for mixing duties..