disrespect towards metal

for all of you that really get defensive and violent when people attack metal i feel sorry for you if you're older than 12. most metalheads do the same to other music and it makes no sense to get angry when someone does it, from seeing metal for just a second and not really listening to it it makes sense how people don't understand it. the best thing to do is either ignore it or try to show them how good metal can be. its sad if you say stuff or act like OMG I'M SO TR00 AND HARDCORE AND METUL LOOK AT ME I'M GUNNA KILL YOU AND SACRIFICE YOU TO SATAN which just perpetuates the stereotype.

Thats just how it is. Most girls dont like metal.

Granted, I wear metal shirts most days, but I also wear nice clothes.

I had the same attitude as you at one point. I thought "If she's going to judge me for my clothes and music, she's not worth it." I had a lot to learn.:lol:
I wear both as well, sometimes I'll wear metal shirts, sometimes American Eagle/US Polo t-shirts(usually going somewhere nice or with family), or The Simpsons/Super Mario/Football Jerseys/Sports shirts.

thats what all the girls say in my town

"you can't understand the words"

"thats just noise"

(looks at album cover) "ewww, is that blood and guts"

One of the main reasons I can't get a date in this town. I had to settle.

Thats just how it is. Most girls dont like metal.

Granted, I wear metal shirts most days, but I also wear nice clothes.

I had the same attitude as you at one point. I thought "If she's going to judge me for my clothes and music, she's not worth it." I had a lot to learn.:lol:

oh so you compromised? sellout!

If your friends seriously judge you based on your music tastes, then they are shitty friends. My best friend is quite the polar opposite of me in terms of music taste (though we share many similar loves of indie rock bands), but it does not affect our relationship in the least. She actually tends to be somewhat interested/amused by my romantic descriptions of metal. :lol:

Who cares?

Its not like we dont make comments about other music, this makes us all hypocrites.

Theres isn't much to "understand" about metal. You either like it or you dont, doesnt take much to figure it out.

Personally all the make up and theatrics embarass the shit out of me.
The spandex, even when maiden wear it, makes me wanna crawl away and die. But I still love the music.

its all about a choice.
A) whether or not to listen to it
B) whether or not to partake in the metal "fashion"
C) whether or not you come across as a stereotypical metalhead.

I've never really cared much for other people's opinions anyways. But with metal especially, I had to put up with a lot of it during high school (who hasn't?) I'll consider opinions, and I can take criticism well... although I admit that when people bash metal, I do think of them to a much lesser degree after that. I've never gone apeshit about the disrespect though. The last time it happened, my managers were mocking one of the band shirts I was wearing (Cannibal Corpse at the time). Sure, I wanted to dropkick the douchebags in the face, before they put on some of their crappy screamo music to play in the store... but to walk away with a smirk and a shurg, as in, "fuck you", wins the day.

But anyways, sometimes its great to take so little of all this seriously... see IWP's post above. I hadn't seen that before but I'm dying over here.

People are hypocrites, metal is disrespected, maybe because you (we) disrespect anyother genre we don't like. So why are you so insecure? Who cares what people say about it, just listen to it.