disrespect towards metal

I ignore people if they say metal is bad. They say something usually having no reasonable argument like "it is just bad because it is noise". To someone metal is noise and to someone it is a beautiful music.

Personally I've gotten almost no flak at all for my musical interests, not from parents, not from friends, or anyone.

Same here, my family knows I listen to metal. They see me wearing my Death, Bathory and Burzum etc. t-shirts all the time. They don't really care. They realize whatever they say won't really change what I like about metal, and they realize it's just music and people take it far too seriously. My mom is catholic, and I've had many religious conversations with her, she's not an asshole catholic like most people generalize. She respects that I am agnostic, and that I'm constantly asking questions about this and that.

Thats just how it is. Most girls dont like metal.

Granted, I wear metal shirts most days, but I also wear nice clothes.

I had the same attitude as you at one point. I thought "If she's going to judge me for my clothes and music, she's not worth it." I had a lot to learn.:lol:

yea i used to wear a metal shirt every day, until i started noticing how much my friends that didnt like metal or didnt know about it thaught i was like evil or somthing or thought i was gothic (faggothic) jus because all the band shirts i had were black, so i started wearin um less.

Same here, my family knows I listen to metal. They see me wearing my Death, Bathory and Burzum etc. t-shirts all the time. They don't really care. They realize whatever they say won't really change what I like about metal, and they realize it's just music and people take it far too seriously. My mom is catholic, and I've had many religious conversations with her, she's not an asshole catholic like most people generalize. She respects that I am agnostic, and that I'm constantly asking questions about this and that.

My dad's pretty much the same way. My mom? Not so much...

The reason why people dont like metal nowadays because bands like hatebreed and killswitch engage are considered 'metal' and it fucking makes me sick whenever i hear these useless fucking bands categorized under metal.

Whenever someone tells me metal sucks, i ask them if theyve ever heard anything by maiden, priest, motorhead or megadeth and the answer is usually no, or "megadeth sucks there a lame version of metallica" which also drives me fucking nuts

Ignore the ignorant.

people dont like metal because they like catchy music with clear vocals, and dont appreciate skilled playing, not because of killswitcch engaged. thats why hair metal use to be so popular.

Sometimes...just sometimes they don't like it because it isn't to their taste. Let's face it, death metal is never going to hit the number one slot in the top 40.

Horses for courses, really. Stop being so sensitive about it! Fuck, I could hardly complain with the load of shit I give my co-workers about their bland-rock fixation.

You've gotta be kidding. Two posts above you said this: One of the main reasons I can't get a date in this town. I had to settle.

edit - okay, I know you are kidding...

yeah I was half joking, and besides, I was just giving him a hard time.

i think most of you misunderstood me, when i said i was gonna hang someone by their intestines i said it jokingly and everyone laughed, i dont hate people for not liking what i like. Thats pointless. As for my mom, its not as much of a metal aspect, its more of a religious aspect, and when you have to live with someone forcing a religion other than your own down your throat each one of you would get sick of it. I dont see what i do as immature. I dont run up and down the halls screaming "SATAN SATAN SATAN" to get attention. I think my mom just started more of it when she saw i started smoking and doing weed occasionally (she never had any proof, im not a dumbass) and believed religion would turn my life around like many of the people you see on TV. Saying fuck god was more of an attempt to make her leave me alone on the aspect of religion because they still think i believe in god. I fail to see how that is being immature.

Have you tried simply sitting down with them and telling them that you don't believe in Christianity? That may help. Just ask her to please not force you to believe in something you don't really believe in.

You could still claim you believe in A god:

baphomet1.gif

One time my mom looked me right inside the eyes and said "Once you are Jesus's you can NEVER get away"

I got reeeeeaaaaal freakedout.