Do you consider Slipknot to be Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Code is Red is not grindcore. Only ND's first two albums were really grindcore. The others were death metal (if in the vein of Harmony Corruption) or groove metal (if in the vein of Diatribes).

The Code is Red is not grindcore. Only ND's first two albums were really grindcore. The others were death metal (if in the vein of Harmony Corruption) or groove metal (if in the vein of Diatribes).

What would you call bands like Rotten Sound/Nasum/Deathbound etc? As they don't really sound all that like old Napalm Death, to me anyway, and often feature 'groove' riffs.

I've heard Nasum. They are very fast. Sounds like grind to me. I have not heard the other bands. Some other bands falsely labeled as grind are Daughters, The Red Chord, Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus, etc. I'm not really big on grind, but I know enough to know that latter day Napalm Death is not grindcore. The Berzerker and Anaal Nathrakh are more grind than newer Napalm Death, though neither are obviously a grind band.

^What ios The Red Chrod anyways? They seemed to be some type of hybrid band, having metalcore/hardcore and at times Suffocation-like riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/nasumband

If you listen to the song 'The Smallest Man' on here.. I would consider it a grind song and in the same way even, though the new Napalm Death is nothing like the old stuff, I always think of them as grind in an evolved kinda form. It's like they started out with grind then moved to death metal and now have gone back to punky/groove orientated grind music with lotsa power chords and stuff in place of the tremelo picking.

And yeah, I agree about bands like TRC and daughters not being grind but it seems to me that as far as grind goes there is 2 seperate styles; the original akin to old Napalm Death and then newer bands like the ones I have mentioned.

(sorry if sentence construction etc. is awful I've been up over 48 hours and I'm pretty drunk. :p )

The Red Chord are metalcore. The same goes for other supposed "grind" bands like Daughters, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Burnt By the Sun, etc. Grindcore has to be predominantly fast, and than there is a certain style to the riffs that is hard to describe in words. Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk (horrible album, btw) is closer to grind than all the modern false grind bands are.

The Red Chord are metalcore. The same goes for other supposed "grind" bands like Daughters, The Number 12 Looks Like You, Burnt By the Sun, etc. Grindcore has to be predominantly fast, and than there is a certain style to the riffs that is hard to describe in words. Marduk - Panzer Division Marduk (horrible album, btw) is closer to grind than all the modern false grind bands are.

I think I said something wrong in last post but yeah I agree with you. Deathbound/Rotten Sound/Nasum are all very fast in places. ;p

Yes, Nasum is indeed grind. One of the few modern grind bands worth listening to, along with Pig Destroyer. Agorophobic Nosebleed are grind as well, but I do not like them.

I like Pig Destroyer but yeah Agorophobic Nosebleed kinda suck... it all sounds pretty samey to me and the vocals suck. I just like grind with groove parts. I haven't really given it a proper chance yet but I don't find the new PD so great. Unlike alot of fans though I enjoy Terrifyer more than any of their other albums.

I'm not into Pig Destroyer, they're just an alright band, I like Agoraphobic Nosebleed better actually, same thing with Circle of Dead Children.

I'm not into Pig Destroyer, they're just an alright band, I like Agoraphobic Nosebleed better actually, same thing with Circle of Dead Children.

I ordered a CODC shirt and a Wormed shirt on the same day, the CODC one took around 3 months to arrive and the Wormed one took 6. =p

Red Chord are hard to classify...Technical death w/ grind influences. Cant say I enjoy them much tho'. Them along w/ Necrophagist bore the hell outta me.

It's grindier then thier experimental death metal shit.

Napalm death FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.