Favorite country for metal?

What is your favorite country for metal?

• Total voters
Actually, I'd say Bathory was the biggest influence. They came up with the sound that went on to define the genre -- low-quality recordings of a wall of guitar noise and blastbeats, with inhuman shrieking for the vocals. That's about as influential as you can get.

Actually, I'd say Bathory was the biggest influence. They came up with the sound that went on to define the genre -- low-quality recordings of a wall of guitar noise and blastbeats, with inhuman shrieking for the vocals. That's about as influential as you can get.

Still, you can't deny that overall, Norway had a bigger influence than Bathory... I mean, Norway was where Black Metal got it's danger from with all the church burnings and murders. I think that that had a bigger influence than Bathory.

^ Not really.

The Norwegian scene did not invent the musical style, they merely brought it popularity. Would you call Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth a huge influence on black metal because they brought the genre into the mainstream?

As far as the actual music goes, Bathory was the biggest influence by a long shot.

Who gives a shit about the modern scene? Bathory influenced the bands that fucking matter.

Still, you can't deny that overall, Norway had a bigger influence than Bathory... I mean, Norway was where Black Metal got it's danger from with all the church burnings and murders. I think that that had a bigger influence than Bathory.

well,there was a lot of church burnings in sweden also at the same time but i dont see what that has to do with black metal as music

For whatever reason all my favorite bands have come from the States or England, but the States got my nod, thats where my top 5 are from.

That was in response to Hubster regarding current American music. If you're talking about all of American rock/metal, as you seemed to be, then I find it hard to believe that you can't think of at least one 'decent' band. If you knew anything about thrash and death metal, or about '70s hard rock, or punk rock, I'm sure you could name plenty of bands.

I would have to say USA right now; thats as truthful as I can get to my own experiences, which includes the people I've met in the various "scenes", and the huge variety of bands - even though many are influenced by superior European bands. :erk:

For me, it's a tie between US and Germany because of the great, great Thrash Metal bands that spawned in both countries... but since I just have one vote... I voted for US...

Other (In Asia, Philippines - my homeland), is of course, an honorable mention... Bands are getting sicker and sicker here specially in regards to BDM/Slam Death...

Not really. Both have easily put out some of the finest Metal ever created, and in massive quantities.