In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Also Through Oblivion sucks live. At least they pipe in a lot of pre-recorded vocals into the chorus so that Anders isn't too exposed.

I'm actually cringing at some of these performances, especially due to Anders. Dear god Through Oblivion is bad.

Referencing my last post... Look at the crowd reaction to Resin. People don't "just stand there like zombies".

And I was also stating they should mix in more of the better older songs as tours progress a bit. Obviously right as an album comes out they're gonna play a bunch of the new ones.

Also looking forward to more songs uploaded to SOBER1Z's Youtube channel as his 2011 videos of Only For The Weak, Sounds of a Playground and Trigger live were awesome at this venue. Hopefully he caught the rest of the show

Damn, some of these performances are so embarrassing.

And Anders looks like he's rapping or something. Dat moves...

Fuck this, it ain't even funny anymore.

Very good performance by PA system though. Very impressive. Best band member.

Best performance is Resin... because Anders is actually doing something his vocal abilities allow. He sounds fine - he'd be able to do Colony/Clayman songs great, even now. Probably not so much TJR/Whoracle anymore, but fuck it, I've given up on those from a live perspective.

For me sound really similar and I even think I can hear not only the background chorus but also main Anders voice from the studio. Also, it's something that some of us said before, that he does things in studio that he simply cannot reproduce live because it's out of his reach.

And in TCP again prerecorded sounds and voices. Next show maybe they'll do some playback.

Edit. You can clearly see moments in TO chorus when he's not singing and still you hear his voice. Also, I hate the hand to heart movement, it's something that I often see in those teenagers singing stupid love songs to the girls and feels stupid. THough I don't think that Anders knows about this.

Resin sounds fucking awesome. Some good death growls as well.
A funny thing with a lyric part is the ''Each day I crawl to the hall of the GIANTS'', while on the studio song he sings SILENCE and not GIANTS. No idea why that is, because I analyzed that part a few years back a lot and it's crystal clear he's saying "silence" and not "giants"

I'll take a look at it.

-

Checked it, and he says "Giants".

I'll get it up for you, give me 20 mins.

For Krofius and anyone else wondering about the Silence/Giants thing in Resin.

First and foremost, the reason for why you think he sings "Silence" is due to the way we bend sounds. "Gi" = "Dji" for example, the pronunciation of Giants become Djijants. So when Anders sings to the Hall of the Giants, he drags on the Gi part, dragging it out, and as such it becomes Dji-Jants.

- ^

Fuck that. Changed my mind. It definitely is silence.

I'll take a look at it.

-

Checked it, and he says "Giants".

I'll get it up for you, give me 20 mins.

I checked earlier today again several times and I can CLEARLY hear him pronounce the S and then also clearly hear him end the word with ''LENCE''

Also, IMO nice video of Everything's Gone, a bit lackluster quality and not full song though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWw5mPweZxU

Also about Resin, yes it worked very well on that show and probably will on the future ones as well. The main melody is very catchy and infectuous even if you hear it for the first time. I think many songs from Whoracle & TJR would work perfectly live as well, but maybe that is not their opinion, or they just have a hard time fitting it in the setlist if they want to play all the ''hits'' and at the same time play a lot of songs from the newest album, doesn't really leave that much space for random old songs.

But in my opinion they could remove Delight & Angers & TCP, that leaves space for 3 more songs, making it possible to bring out at least 1 track from Whoracle and maybe 1-2 from Clayman. They're only playing OFTW from Clayman now as well, but this is just the first show though. Maybe the setlist on their show today will differ with one or two songs, we'll see tomorrow.

And de4life you've given up on his performances on TJR/Whoracle songs? I think he's done very well with The Hive the last 6-ish years, especially when he brings out the death growl in the chorus.

EDIT: I listened to your uploaded clip and it made it even more clear. Regardless if you think he's dragging on the ''Gi'', there's no way you pronounce ''iants'' as ''LENCE''. The ''L'' is crystal clear, 100% no doubt about it.

Just listen to the 3:28 part when he says the word, I don't understand how anyone could argue he's saying Giants when he's clearly starts the word with an ''S''.

And de4life you've given up on his performances on TJR/Whoracle songs? I think he's done very well with The Hive the last 6-ish years, especially when he brings out the death growl in the chorus.

A whole one song, half of which is a string of guitar solos :D good effort Anders.

Anyway, I meant giving up on them playing those songs at all, not so much performance wise. Though I don't think Anders could replicate those vocals nowadays anyway.

A whole one song, half of which is a string of guitar solos :D good effort Anders.

Anyway, I meant giving up on them playing those songs at all, not so much performance wise. Though I don't think Anders could replicate those vocals nowadays anyway.

He couldn't even replicate them on said album tours lol. Like he said, he had no technique at all until around Colony, he just screamed. And you can hear it clearly. He could as you said, not replicate it, neither then or today.

And Yagami listen to this live version of Resin from 1999, he's saying ''each day I crawl to the HEART of the SILENCE/SILENT, no question about it. Sounds mostly like he says silent. You can hear the ''art'' ending clearly, then you can hear him start the word with ''SILE'' clearly as well. And that's right after the album was written so I think it's most likely the lyrics are correct there. I have though, heard him say giants on 1 or 2 performances in one of the choruses like 6-7 years back, but that's probably because he just looked up the lyrics (I doubt he has the original lyric papers lying around) in the booklet or online. In the new krakow clip he says ''Hall and halls of the giant'', but it's like I said, because he's looked the lyrics up. Makes no sense why he would clearly say silence on the album and even say ''heart'' instead of ''hall'' on the 1999 show. There are other examples on the old albums where he says different stuff than the actual lyrics as well, can't be arsed to dig up the small parts of whatever songs that is though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxewa8toJ6Q

Fine, you convinced me. Anders and I are clearly wrong.

I think it is crystal clear at 03:40. But alright, we're totally wrong.

I mean sure at 3:40 it COULD be perceived as he's starting the word with ''Dji'' but the ending of the word being ''LENCE'' is as clear as it can be. I don't understand how you aren't hearing the ''L''. But actually you are not alone, there was actually a thread about the same lyric line on the old Jesterhead forum and it was determined it was silence in the end. Some people thought it was giant(s) at first as well but most of them we're convinced in the end.