In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

There's no debate he's said giants during some performances, but that's in recent years only, because he looked up the lyrics like I said. On the old tours and on the album he's saying silence. And on that 1999 gothenburg show he's even saying ''heart'' instead of hall.

Anders does tend to alter lyrics as he sees fit. Stand Ablaze from the 1999 Gothenburg bootleg has totally different lyrics to the album version :D

Considering they released essentially two albums worth of material for The Living Infinite that's pretty good going. Although I'm not sure they needed 20 songs for their last outing, it's hard to listen to so much material in a single sitting or judge it effectively.

Considering they released essentially two albums worth of material for The Living Infinite that's pretty good going. Although I'm not sure they needed 20 songs for their last outing, it's hard to listen to so much material in a single sitting or judge it effectively.

I usually listen to either Part I or Part II. The Living Infinite is an amazing record in my opinion.

It's a double album with in my mind no real fillers, it's fucking awesome. And there's 5 more tracks coming as well from the same session. I think they did a good job with writing 25 tracks and not really being generic or dull at all, great variety in the songs. Where did you hear they are doing an album in 2015? If that is true I doubt it will arrive before summer.

"Hi there Soilwork faaaaaans!"

620706tumblrn27ycgBLPZ1rze4wxo11280.jpg

Haha I had to share that pic!​

Maybe it's just because my interest in that type of metal has waned, but I didn't find The Living Infinite hugely interesting. A well crafted record, no doubt, but I haven't listened to it much. That goes for pretty much all Soilwork records after Figure Number Five though. There are a few cool tracks scattered across their later works - Nerve, Exile, Your Beloved Scapegoat, Deliverance is Mine, Tongue, Parasite Blues... but overall I've not found any post-2004 Soilwork records interesting enough to listen to the whole way through. Again, that might just be my tastes changing though. I could say the same of DT, Bodom and Arch Enemy too.

I don't know where you can hear prerecorded sounds.

Anders has been using these for a decade now, but I can't hear them neither here nor on Through Oblivion.

I'm talking about the programming through regular verses. And the question is not if they've been using it, the question is about not playing some old songs because some lame excuse about the guitars.

The programming of what?

Please, tell me, while Anders is singing

"Vultures descend
Feeding on us
There's no sympathy"

What can you hear in the background music? Bass, drums and what? Guitars? No. And, as Örjan Örnkloo is not playing with the band, or I hear something that there is not there or you have to adjust the volume.

Maybe the right word is not programming, maybe it's keyboards, I don't know but in the end it doesn't change my point.

Edit. I forgot to add the keyboard or guitar (I don't know which one they used at studio) during the last chorus and till the end of the song.

He couldn't even replicate them on said album tours lol. Like he said, he had no technique at all until around Colony, he just screamed. And you can hear it clearly. He could as you said, not replicate it, neither then or today.

And Yagami listen to this live version of Resin from 1999, he's saying ''each day I crawl to the HEART of the SILENCE/SILENT, no question about it. Sounds mostly like he says silent. You can hear the ''art'' ending clearly, then you can hear him start the word with ''SILE'' clearly as well. And that's right after the album was written so I think it's most likely the lyrics are correct there. I have though, heard him say giants on 1 or 2 performances in one of the choruses like 6-7 years back, but that's probably because he just looked up the lyrics (I doubt he has the original lyric papers lying around) in the booklet or online. In the new krakow clip he says ''Hall and halls of the giant'', but it's like I said, because he's looked the lyrics up. Makes no sense why he would clearly say silence on the album and even say ''heart'' instead of ''hall'' on the 1999 show. There are other examples on the old albums where he says different stuff than the actual lyrics as well, can't be arsed to dig up the small parts of whatever songs that is though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxewa8toJ6Q

-

Yup, Silence, without a doubt.

This makes me wonder if the booklet is more flawed ("The New Word" on the back and in the lyrics, but many confuse it as World due to the mislabeled header which says "The New World"), and if Anders does not care and just fools around for fun. - On that note, the booklet IS totally fucked. Errors all over the place. And with errors I mean the grammar. Throw it away.

Also, in the studio version, it IS silence, without doubt.

Live however, at 01:42, he definitely sings "...to the heart of the silence".
I wonder if he only does that when doing LIVE at times, expecting a silent crowd.

Back to the studio version... I've spent some time ripping this fucker open, and the correct wording is:

"A sad song, it was, through renewal it brought..."
"And a month seems sometimes shorter - than half nights longing."

"Hidden and hard are the reasons for war."
"Polar twist, invert and free."

"I can't dissolve this feeling of mine,
but patience will unlock the doors...
And the maps of reasons, re-written for me.
When the wait is over, and the punishment is due!"

"Each day I crawl, to the hall of the silence!"
"And I beg - for mercy. And I beg for mercy in - vain!"

"One night is a mare. Two, it's worse."
"But how can I manage three?!"

The song basically is about going to war versus ones fear of the night (nyctophobia), when the darkness and silence breaks through. The person, though being unaware of it (Hidden...), is suffering from nyctophobia (fear of the night) and is begging for the day to keep going, but the polar twists, and turns dawn to night. However, patience leads to a new dawn... but with that relief, the punishment is soon due again in a never-ending loop and unanswered pleas for mercy for an eternal day. A sad song, it was...

Last edited by a moderator: