In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Thank you very much for talking about me without naming me. It's very polite.
You had a terrible morning, did you not? You're acting like it's the worst day of your life, seeing ghosts and insults in everyone's post. Really now, you are nagging someone for saying "those two"... this is getting ridiculous; at least keep these shitty and uncalled for responses for me, don't stain the innocent.

edit: I'm not even joking now btw

Holy shit man, do you know IF is not the only band in the world which makes new albums and go on tours?
The arguement is about an artistic question/contradiction, so news flash, other artists opinion are indeed relevant. Trust me, if Anders was more talkative about this matter, I would've quoted him.

Nope. The argument was about words and contradictions.

And once again, I just presented you an example, but you keep giving a tantrum about it, because the voices in your head are telling you that I think that guy = IF.

Nope. It's just that I comment about what they say.

Haha, how dare you talk about losing an arguement and pretending something doesn't exist, when it's like your 5th post since you just put your hands up in the air and refused to read what I'm writing to you.

Two examples, ok?

You called us ellitists, then I quoted you calling yourself an elitist. Your response was... none.

You told they shouldn't play some songs in a new DVD because they've been in previous releases. I remind you that there were other songs that were on those releases or that yet have recibed an especial treatment. Your answer was... none.

But. Don't worry, I made up my mind and I'm gonna read the Trent Reznor interview.

You had a terrible morning, did you not? You're acting like it's the worst day of your life, seeing ghosts and insults in everyone's post. Really now, you are nagging someone for saying "those two"... this is getting ridiculous; at least keep these shitty and uncalled for responses for me, don't stain the innocent.

edit: I'm not even joking now btw

Now my head is aching for sure.

Well, just read your NIN post, not sure where do you want to go. I don't see how it's related to anything Anders or Bjorn Said. But I think you will enlighten me with precise examples.

On the other way, as I said just countless times, the way a musician approaches his music it's his own and has nothing to do with how others might do. I'm just talking about IF own words and I'm not going to explain through other musicians opinions.

Also, Jester313, sorry for not having our own thread.

Edit: jokes apart, I know it's boring see two people arguing post after post about the same boring question. I promise this is gonna be the last time.

You called us ellitists, then I quoted you calling yourself an elitist. Your response was... none.
My response was this: "I remember it, but I'm not mocking people for their music tastes."

You told they shouldn't play some songs in a new DVD because they've been in previous releases. I remind you that there were other songs that were on those releases or that yet have recibed an especial treatment. Your answer was... none.
I was theorycrafting about the setlist, thinking out loud if you will; now you write that I said they shouldn't play those songs... for christ's sake no, I was trying to come up with an explanation for why they have a rigid setlist like this and why they chose Resin instead of other older goodies, that's all. I'm well aware this explanation has flaws (like OFTW, which is an exception), and I even reached the conclusion that whether they were going to record it or not, they would still play the same setlist.[/QUOTE]

Well, just read your NIN post, not sure where do you want to go. I don't see how it's related to anything Anders or Bjorn Said. But I think you will enlighten me with precise examples.

On the other way, as I said just countless times, the way a musician approaches his music it's his own and has nothing to do with how others might do. I'm just talking about IF own words and I'm not going to explain through other musicians opinions.
Let's get this clear. You got hunged up on the idea what Anders and co. said they don't listen to the fans when they make new music, and I said they are still trying to please the fans during the live shows, right? And you said these two can't exist in the same universe, because they should either please them both ways, or if they don't give a crap about them when making the album, they won't care at the live shows either.

RIGHT?

I won't even reply until we get this straight.

I call you out for pestering Jester313, and you keep mocking him when he did not even reply since then. Is this some next level trolling I'm missing here or are you serious?

Let's get this clear. You got hunged up on the idea what Anders and co. said they don't listen to the fans when they make new music, and I said they are still trying to please the fans during the live shows, right? And you said these two can't exist in the same universe, because they should either please them both ways, or if they don't give a crap about them when making the album, they won't care at the live shows either.

RIGHT?

I won't even reply until we get this straight.

I call you out for pestering Jester313, and you keep mocking him when he did not even reply since then. Is this some next level trolling I'm missing here or are you serious?

1. I'm saying that, from a human point of view, it's imposible to care and to not care about others opinions.

2. You're not my teacher nor my mom. Of course, I was jocking, the bad part is that I have a hard-to-understand sense of humour. (edit:I was going to edit that post before, but the fucking internet conection went down).

Wow, the crowd is crazy with this song. Such an intense response.
Yeah, it's definetly a droppable song, but it wasn't that bad live.
2. You're not my teacher nor my mom. Of course, I was jocking, the bad part is that I have a hard-to-understand sense of humour. (edit:I was going to edit that post before, but the fucking internet conection went down).
Our language (or cultural) barrier does not help either. I hate when people are subtle with that shit anyway, i can never pick up if they are serious or not. :'(

Our language (or cultural) barrier does not help either. I hate when people are subtle with that shit anyway, i can never pick up if they are serious or not. :'(

Ok. If I'm saying something bad about someone, then I'm not being serious.

Me either. Unless it's referencing Bottled or The Chosen Pessimist... then I definitely am.

Here is their complete live in Moscow in 2011 in veeeery good quality:

[youtube]watch?v=WXVWrG-Yqto&index=1&list=PLCLYlV9B8_SmVUylyjCnGmRVvg3SYkNF2[/youtube]

Well lol, there's a difference between writing the music you want and not caring about fans. As a band you have to play the songs live that people want to hear.

You've just proven the contradiction yourself, Krofius. If the band didn't care about what the fans think then they wouldn't choose to write/play certain types of songs.

Stop defending the band at all costs.

Interesting comments on the past few pages about Jesper's published thoughts. Anders is indeed a victim of success. The fashion, the ego. Coming onstage and saying "we're In Flames and we rule" before a show. Clothing that says "In Flames is probably the best band" etc. He's always had an ego. It just used to be under control. You know people have overblown egos when they fail to take seriously criticism of fans and journalists, especially long-time ones. I mean, this guy has absolutely atrocious clean vocals. He simply can't sing. Yet somehow he coerces the band into letting him be the focal point for this album while Bjorn gets to take the recording session off. So weird.

Go back and forth all you want. My comment was all in jest. I honestly don't know what you two are arguing over as there is just too much to read. At this point, I am just skimming through to see if I'm mentioned and if I need to defend my honor.

:lol:Choose your weapons.
Simple debate hard to understand. Can a musician claim that doesn't care for others opinions when making music and care for others opinions when choosing a setlist? I'm proving that is imposible but jester simply doesn't want to understand :lol:

I agree but the fashion came after, or with, the success. The band started to get big and this is what happened. And I read page 1 of this thread just now. I didn't realize that Bjorn and Anders wrote all the music. That doesn't surprise me and explains a lot. I prefer when music is written by guitarists and drummers and the vocal lines and lyrics are from the front man. There's a reason they sing and don't play anything. Anders is tone deaf and Bjorn is lazy (his own words). This is not a good combination for a band, any band, when writing music. It clearly worked against them on this release (I'll call it a release. Can't call it an album).

Anyone else heard the new Hammock? What the fuck happened to that band. I mean Departure Songs is like one of the best post-rock albums ever made, if not the best. Maybe the best example of how simple guitar melodies can be amazing in their simplicity. But this album like the last pos is just more keyboards and crappy buildups that go nowhere. Such a disappointment.

They really need to start playing Behind Space live again. I appreciate they couldn't play it live at every show, Anders' vocals would be destroyed :D but throw it in for a few shows at least. If the crowd stay dead for this then they're a bunch of dickheads anyway.

I'd take out TCP, which is a shitty and way too long song to play live anyway, and throw in a couple of older songs in its place. Pick from Behind Space/Moonshield/Artifacts/Graveland/The Jester Race/Jotun/The Hive/Episode 666... make it fucking so you sellout fuckers :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a good chance if one of Anders sons (I don't know how many he has) goes to his dad, slap him in the face and says to him: stop being a cunt. You're a grown man.