In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I must admit that I'm starting to like Filtereth Truth despite Anders vocals. Not like it's a great song but it makes me gently shake the head while taking the dog for a walk.

And the newest Night Flight Orchestra album is indeed awesome. So fucking pumped for new Soilwork as well. Only 2 months away now, should be getting the first single in early July hopefully. And it's supposed to be darker and heavier, which I don't doubt after seeing Dirk's drum recording video where it looked like 3/4 of the songs had blastbeats in them lol.

Andersson and Strid make an awesome combo. They wrote three albums together ('Internal Affairs' by The Night Flight Orchestra, 'The Living Infinite' by Soilwork, and 'Skyline Whispers' by The Night Flight Orchestra) and they are all awesome. Each and every track that they wrote together is a high quality piece of music.

I am 100% confident that the new Soilwork will be amazing for this reason.

I must admit that I'm starting to like Filtereth Truth despite Anders vocals. Not like it's a great song but it makes me gently shake the head while taking the dog for a walk.

To me it feels like a groovy hard rock song that's fast-paced then Anders screams in the chorus are pretty aggressive for (imo) the feel of the song and how it should be.

This in my mind again just goes back to how "confused" of an album SC is

The Chosen Pessimist has been played four times in the last 2 weeks! Are you guys excited whether it will make a comeback as a staple or not??!! I know you are.

Chosen Pessimist looks to be part of a 16-17 song set they've been playing at festivals lately.

They could spend a little bit less time on stage if they just replaced it with a normal (better) song.

Or maybe they like it as a break... They are getting older after all :p

Chosen Pessimist looks to be part of a 16-17 song set they've been playing at festivals lately.

They could spend a little bit less time on stage if they just replaced it with a normal (better) song.

I really like TCP live. Perfect slow buildup break then it kicks off and then the like 70s synth guitar outro is just beautiful. The review from their Bråvalla show said it was one of the best songs of the show, obviously subjective view but still.
Oh and did you get the digipack? You totally need to hear Floridian Eyes, it has an awesome chorus and a really epic solo.
No I don't own the album sadly. Only been listening on Spotify, actually tried yesterday to find the bonus track online, couldn't find it anywhere at all. Stilletto is for me the best track on the new album, followed by Living For the Nighttime.

Also on Living Infinite Strid wrote most of the stuff together with Andersson, but Dirk & Sven also wrote a bunch of stuff, I only think Flink wrote the lyrics for Owls Predict, Oracles Stand Guard though.

Also on Living Infinite Strid wrote most of the stuff together with Andersson, but Dirk & Sven also wrote a bunch of stuff, I only think Flink wrote the lyrics for Owls Predict, Oracles Stand Guard though.

Strid and Andersson wrote together 15 out of 20 songs on The Living infinite.

Fisrst rule of the internet: don't feed the troll.

Now, this is some promotion for a friends of mine. If someone likes dark gothic, they are pretty good live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIGcIHio7eA

Love the girl's voice. Very non-generic style they have which is cool to see. So many bands now because of the internet and a lot of "styles" get so saturated. But I dig this song a lot. Not usually too fond of female vocals in metal either.

Eochaid you're Spanish right? Pretty damn good melodic-metal band from Spain:

^Main riff starts at 00:13secs reminds me so much of Abnegation from ASOP

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the girl's voice. Very non-generic style they have which is cool to see. So many bands now because of the internet and a lot of "styles" get so saturated. But I dig this song a lot. Not usually too fond of female vocals in metal either.

Eochaid you're Spanish right? Pretty damn good melodic-metal band from Spain:

^Main riff starts at 00:13secs reminds me so much of Abnegation from ASOP

She is really a good singer, and even better live. They are influenced by bands like Opeth or Type o Negative, so it's only natural that they sound a bit different. THe album is pretty good.

I didn't knew Rise to Fall, but I like them now.

In Spain it's really hard for a metal band to have a career in music, people here has a very bad taste and metal is not much apreciated. Even when you have some response from the media, if its national metal, and more if its extreme metal, you can go to a show with only 50 people.

Other bands from my city:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzy5CLAAXqc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKGNfoTMuYA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EsSl5YViBo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqKaA17oFiw

Last edited by a moderator:
Some random observation from me while checking setlist.fm:
- The Quiet place has beaten out Pinball Map from the second most played song spot.
- OFTW needs to be played 1 more time (without Pinball Map played, ofc.) and it will take the bronze medal from PM. RIP Pinball Map?
- The Mirror's Truth needs to be played 2 more times and it will take over Behind Space, which has not been played for more than 6 years now.
- Where The Dead Ship Dwells has been played more than Alias or Deliver Us. Huge wtf, I never realized they liked that song this much.

They've played Where The Dead Ships Dwell almost nonstop on their sets since SOAPF was released (and Ithink even a few times before it was released?) so it will have wracked up a lot of hits.

As for Behind Space not being played in 6 years, that doesn't surprise me either. That song must wreak havoc on Anders' vocals, especially nowadays. In some ways it's a shame because on the 2004 live DVD it is incredible, but I can understand why they don't play it.

- Where The Dead Ship Dwells has been played more than Alias or Deliver Us. Huge wtf, I never realized they liked that song this much.

Wtf they played that song more from Deliver Us?! I actually like that song but comparing live versions Deliver Us is much much better.

And I noticed that I missed arguing with DE4Life and that Spaniard dude lol. Yes Slave, I missed u too <3

As for Behind Space not being played in 6 years, that doesn't surprise me either. That song must wreak havoc on Anders' vocals, especially nowadays. In some ways it's a shame because on the 2004 live DVD it is incredible, but I can understand why they don't play it.

Find that weird since I think Anders screaming and growling has sounded really damn good and on point lately.
I mean the Behind Space live version doesn't even have that much vocals lol. Even Take This Life should be more taxing and it still sounds great. Drifter also very fast paced verses. I have no doubt he'd pull off Behind Space just fine nowadays as well.

Find that weird since I think Anders screaming and growling has sounded really damn good and on point lately.
I mean the Behind Space live version doesn't even have that much vocals lol. Even Take This Life should be more taxing and it still sounds great. Drifter also very fast paced verses. I have no doubt he'd pull off Behind Space just fine nowadays as well.

I think it's the "RAAAHHHHH"'s in between verses that would be the problem :D I don't know why he does them live, anyway. He didn't in the Behind Space '99 version, which is basically what they play live.

Well he always adds screams and growls to intros and outros and just random places in songs when they perform it live. My Sweet Shadow and Only For the Weak are good examples.