In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Wtf they played that song more from Deliver Us?! I actually like that song but comparing live versions Deliver Us is much much better.

And I noticed that I missed arguing with DE4Life and that Spaniard dude lol. Yes Slave, I missed u too <3

Ask them yourself and tell them your preferences.

Edit: I have a nickname and I see that you still have the internet :fu:

Find that weird since I think Anders screaming and growling has sounded really damn good and on point lately.
I mean the Behind Space live version doesn't even have that much vocals lol. Even Take This Life should be more taxing and it still sounds great. Drifter also very fast paced verses. I have no doubt he'd pull off Behind Space just fine nowadays as well.

Amd if he cannot scream like he did before he can always sing the song with the growls he used for A New Dawn (I liked them a lot).

We'll have plenty to argue about when the next album drops :D
I want a reversal of roles, though! We shit on the new album, and you guys defend it!

Find that weird since I think Anders screaming and growling has sounded really damn good and on point lately.
I mean the Behind Space live version doesn't even have that much vocals lol. Even Take This Life should be more taxing and it still sounds great. Drifter also very fast paced verses. I have no doubt he'd pull off Behind Space just fine nowadays as well.
Can it be related to Jesper's departure? Like every member have their favorite songs, so even if not all of them can be staple, they try to find place for them once in a while.

Anyway, listening to Drifter from Hellfest was crazy, I never realized Anders sang everything live. Whenever I'M listening to Transparent, I'm thinking "what a great song, but these double vocals probably would not work live", however, based on Drifter, they could, so.... play Transparent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Amd if he cannot scream like he did before he can always sing the song with the growls he used for A New Dawn (I liked them a lot).
Am I the only one not being head over hills for A New Dawn? I see it praised a lot, but don't see why all the fuss. Sure, it has some nice orchestra, but... that's it?

Ask them yourself and tell them your preferences.

Edit: I have a nickname and I see that you still have the internet :fu:
What, you had no problem with giving alternate names to us. Stay consistent, hombre!

I want a reversal of roles, though! We shit on the new album, and you guys defend it!

Well, if it's similar in quality to SOAPF I'll be happy to defend it. If it's like ASOP or SC then I'll have my claws out :D From my perspective, since R2R we've had...

R2R - Good
STYE - Bad (though far ahead of ASOP or SC)
CC - Good
ASOP - Bad
SOAPF - Good
SC - Bad

... so, by my reckoning, the next one should be good :D

Am I the only one not being head over hills for A New Dawn? I see it praised a lot, but don't see why all the fuss. Sure, it has some nice orchestra, but... that's it?

I kind of agree that this song seems to get a bit too much praise. I do like it, but I think people over-praise it based on the fact it's mostly screaming and there's a lot of guitar-melodies across the song, plus the orchestrated interlude which sort of harkens back to the glory days. There are songs on SOAPF I prefer over A New Dawn though - the title track, Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Ropes and Fear is the Weakness I listen to more frequently. I'd possibly even put Deliver Us in that category.

How they went from SOAPF to SC is beyond me. The former full of energy, passion and memorable tracks, the latter devoid of all three. Those motherfuckers better atone with the next album.

Sweet news about the small Scandinavian Tour! Got myself tickets for Oct 25th, can't wait. Last time they did the club tour in 2012 they played more ''rarer'' stuff than usual. Hope they do something similarly special this time.

Setlist last tour:
Embody the Invisible
Bullet Ride
Trigger
Crawl Through Knives
The Quiet Place
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Egonomic
Clayman
Liberation
Cloud Connected
Drifter
System
Fear Is the Weakness
Ropes
Only for the Weak
Deliver Us
The Mirror's Truth
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

As if you could... :D

Yes, you are. probably because of your lack of good taste in music.

What, you had no problem with giving alternate names to us. Stay consistent, hombre!

Yes, when answering you. Are you mad because I teased your girlfriend?

Anyway, listening to Drifter from Hellfest was crazy, I never realized Anders sang everything live. Whenever I'M listening to Transparent, I'm thinking "what a great song, but these double vocals probably would not work live", however, based on Drifter, they could, so.... play Transparent plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Courtesy of Krofius

Also, A New Dawn is looked at so greatly is because of the harsher vocals and the melodic guitar-driven riff (reminiscent of older in flames guitar style). I however don't really care for it that much either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet news about the small Scandinavian Tour! Got myself tickets for Oct 25th, can't wait. Last time they did the club tour in 2012 they played more ''rarer'' stuff than usual. Hope they do something similarly special this time.
Hmmm, I wonder if I should try my luck with one of the shows. I was expecting something neat show to pop up (since the festivals are rather lackluster), and so far there's one Cradle Of Filth show in Budapest and that's all.

How easy it is to approach these countries via train? How expensive is it to stay for one night? And which of these countried would you recommend for me, because I suppose there's some difference.

*something stupid*

It's time: Real Madrid or Barcelona?

New Soilwork snippet of the title track (presumably the first single) just dropped and judging it I think it fucking rules, and I have high hopes for the album. Classic Soilwork catchy chorus as well and some nice tremolo melodies.

Hmmm, I wonder if I should try my luck with one of the shows. I was expecting something neat show to pop up (since the festivals are rather lackluster), and so far there's one Cradle Of Filth show in Budapest and that's all.

How easy it is to approach these countries via train? How expensive is it to stay for one night? And which of these countried would you recommend for me, because I suppose there's some difference.

It's time: Real Madrid or Barcelona?

Don't know where in Europe you live but it shouldn't be too bad. I'd rather fly though, can't be much more expensive? I think Sweden aka home turf would be best choice, city won't matter I think at all. Weirdly enough they are not playing in Stockholm nor Gothenburg, although the Uppsala show is not that far outside Stockholm.

Courtesy of Krofius

Also, A New Dawn is looked at so greatly is because of the harsher vocals and the melodic guitar-driven riff (reminiscent of older in flames guitar style). I however don't really care for it that much either.

Oooh, sexy quality. It has quite the different vibe compared to the original one, but I like it. I wouldn't make it a staple, but as many other currently unplayed IF songs, it could get an appearance here and there.

Don't know where in Europe you live but it shouldn't be too bad. I'd rather fly though, can't be much more expensive? I think Sweden aka home turf would be best choice, city won't matter I think at all. Weirdly enough they are not playing in Stockholm nor Gothenburg, although the Uppsala show is not that far outside Stockholm.
The thing is, I can get a disgusting discount for train travels.

New Soilwork snippet of the title track (presumably the first single) just dropped and judging it I think it fucking rules, and I have high hopes for the album. Classic Soilwork catchy chorus as well and some nice tremolo melodies.

This sounds so awesome.

Soilwork rulez.

New Amorphis album this fall. First 20secs of this video sounds like an amazing main riff. Love Amorphis' use of synth keys as well.

I'm kidding YOU? You just told me you are a Spanish guy who doesn't care about the El Classico. That's a waste of citizenship, if you ask me.

But you do root for a team, right?

No, I do care for el Clasico, but I wish the two of them could loose. Of course I'm a supporter of my local team.

Hey again guys. Since you guys like MDM just as I do, I give you: Sacrilege!
Daniel's (drummer) old band. I'm sure you know about this band, I just discovered them yesterday. Daniel doing vox and drums.

Here's my favorite song from them. MDM at its finest!

What do you think?