In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Booo, I'm not impressed by the new Cradle of Filth record. Yours Immortally kicks off the album on a great note. Many-many melodies, female backing vocals, nice synths, really nice tempo, so overall a great track. Then nothing remains. Basically the rest of the album is Yours Immortally reconstructed. Here's a nice riff and nothing else. Here's some female vocals and nothing else. And so on.

It's not bad per se, so it doesn't suck major ass like their previous record, but man, I really expected another Godspeed or Venus, hell, they talked so much about going back to their roots, I would've been fine with some old school crazy CoF, but in the end, it's none of those.

Haven't listened to the whole album yet only the three released singles. Liked all those three, especially Deflowering the Maidenhead, really cool intro. Never been a big CoF listener though. New Soilwork is indeed obviously great. Weirdly structured verses for being Soilwork but it grew on me, and the chorus is just classic Soilwork.

..and Soilwork do it again. Can't wait for the full album.

The great thing about Speed is that he's still belting out the growls and screams, even though he's such a good singer. He blends the two styles perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it really wasn't like that at the show though (I attended Stockholm one), and I don't think their light guy is that stupid :)

Hahah I just mean visually in the video, that music video was just a liquid mess of light in my eyes.

Side note: I do like what they've done with Cloud Connected's lighting effect since Siren Charms came out. That line of blue lights that strobe on each repeat of the main guitar riff.

Goddammit! The codes were only posted a minute ago on IF's facebook page, when I saw it, so I had a legit chance of being among the first two to use it. I even copied the second code superfast, because I assume people all go with the first one. But I couldn't figure out where should I type the code, lol. What could I have earned anyway? Free IF records?

Alright, I changed my mind. I like The Chosen Pessimist again.

Saw it at Wacken a couple rows of people back from the front barricade.
Wow, what an experience that was... Their whole set was pretty damn good. Anders was particularly wasted as shit but it was great. The mud kept most people from being really active but we had a great time up front. Glad I made the trip.

Hopefully there will be a good quality video on youtube or something because it looked to me like the stream was mixed terribly and didn't look like it was that great of quality.

Yeah I told you TCP is sick live. And yeah I watched the Wacken stream, sadly Wacken stream quality is always average =/ But obviously they focus more on the actual visitors which is good.

I was hoping that zdf.kultur of whatever it is would have broadcasted it. Now we can't ever see it again because of that shitty stream service? Fucking stupid. I want to be able to relive it again when I want.

Even Rusted Nail was incredible

Alright, I changed my mind. I like The Chosen Pessimist again.

Saw it at Wacken a couple rows of people back from the front barricade.
Wow, what an experience that was... Their whole set was pretty damn good. Anders was particularly wasted as shit but it was great. The mud kept most people from being really active but we had a great time up front. Glad I made the trip.

Hopefully there will be a good quality video on youtube or something because it looked to me like the stream was mixed terribly and didn't look like it was that great of quality.
I feel like Galileo seeing that people are starting to realize that the Earth in fact orbits around the Sun and not the other way around.

I eventually gave up trying to reply every single comment shitting on TCP.

An odd analogy when one is factual and another is based solely on opinion.

I'm also pretty sure Galileo has to convince more than one person :D but kudos anyway pal.

Thanks for the link. Fucking AWESOME performance, especially by Anders. Seriously from 6:00 when he starts screaming also it's just magically good.

I feel like Galileo seeing that people are starting to realize that the Earth in fact orbits around the Sun and not the other way around.

I eventually gave up trying to reply every single comment shitting on TCP.

So you can scientifically prove that TCP is a good song... (I don't hate the song, but I also don't like it. I think it is nothing special).

Thanks for the link. Fucking AWESOME performance, especially by Anders. Seriously from 6:00 when he starts screaming also it's just magically good.

Anders singing with the help of vocal effects and prerecorded sounds. But yes, the screams sound good, and they're similar to those from A New Dawn, more gutural, and as I stated some posts ago, that suit him more than his cleans and his (unable to do now) old screams.