In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

You sound like such a conspiracy theorist. Nothing can be pure or honest when writing music. If a metal band makes a ballad, they clearly only make it to sell more albums and gain new fans. Oh no wait, they don't. In Flames has had ballads since their first album, just that first few had a bit more folk influences and female vocals.
Metaphor to me is by far In Flames worst ballad, even worse than Liberation. In that song I just can't stand Anders vocals. But then we have Dawn of A New Day, which I absolutely love. Don't really care that much for Everlost Part 2 though, don't really like the girls voice.

Opeth clearly sold out as well right? Going full out prog rock trying to cater to the prog rock community for sure. I bet he doesn't even want to play that shit, it's just a business decision.

It's amazing how you take something fairly simple that has no need for further explanation and turn it into a massive random rant :D you're crazy, but you wouldn't be Krofius otherwise.

That said... leak alert.

+1

Classic fanboyism. IF can do no wrong.

Bullshit. It's respecting them on the level of musicianship.

I have two points

1) I am an aspiring musician, and I believe that music is ultimately for the person making it, not for the fans. The band has the right to make it for the fans IF THEY WANT, but it's up to them what they want to make.

Once again. Maybe you don't like this band, but look at Radiohead. They changed from typical Alt Rock to creating absolutely new music and paving the way for a future sound of rock.

Now, as a person who is an aspiring musician, I love multiple genres, and I think I have every right to make whatever music I want, regardless of the "band name" or how many albums of a sound we did before deciding to do something new. There is no rules to make the same music over and over again. It's made up, and it's bullshit. These "rules" for the standards of making music.

2) Debunking your fanboy bullshit right now. I, do not, like 80% of A Sense Of Purpose. Anything 20% is ok at best. Guess what happened? I got the fuck over it, waited for the next album and it blew, my fucking, mind. Sounds Of a Playground was a big step up, for me personally. Now, people like A Sense Of Purpose, I get that, cool, but it's not my cup of tea. It's redundant sounding as hell, and doesn't challenge the listener at all. The production is incredibly weak sounding giving every single track a boring sound to me, because tone is part of music.

Do you get why you're pulling shit out of your bum? Chill out. The album is not even fucking out. Wait until then to give your ultimate decision.

, but it's up to them what they want to make.

100% true. They can do whatever they want to do. No argument about that. (And nobody's waiting for TJR pt.2. Doubt they could do it, even if they wanted to).

But I can say what I think about it. If I thought they created groundbreaking progressive album, I would've said so. I do tend to respect quality music, even if I don't like it personally.

Debunking your fanboy bullshit right now.

Fanboy bullshit is omnipresent.

It's like with politics. You support some social democrat, then he changes into right wing nationalist, then he changes into liberal, then he goes neonazi.

And all that time you're like "Oh, cool! This is so great! He's evolving. FUCK U FUKKING HATERZ. Same thing over and over again would be boring. He's not changing 'cause of the easy votes, it's all true belief! He RULEZ!!!"

I, do not, like 80% of A Sense Of Purpose. Anything 20% is ok at best. Guess what happened? I got the fuck over it, waited for the next album and it blew, my fucking, mind. Sounds Of a Playground was a big step up, for me personally

I didn't like ASOP that much, and I thought SOAPF was a great step forward (even The Attic, Jester's door and Liberation were cool in the context of that album). Hence my disappointment with SC songs, basically SOAPF leftovers ASOP-ized.

Why is that so hard for people to accept? Rusted nail is not some great music-genre-never-been-heard-before piece, it's a badly written SOAPF song.

Do you get why you're pulling shit out of your bum? Chill out. The album is not even fucking out. Wait until then to give your ultimate decision.

So, this is IF forum - new album thread, we're commenting on the upcoming IF album, based on 40-50% of the album, we've already heard. Why are you guys so pissed, is beyond me. :D

Well, here's a new topic from me for the end this meaningless arguments. lol

What's your rating for the songs we heard so far?

My list:
Everything's Gone 7/10
Through Oblivion 7.5/10
When the World Explodes 7.5/10
Rusted Nail 5/10
Filtered Truth 8.5/10

Everything's Gone 5/10
Through Oblivion 2/10
When The World Explodes 6/10
Rusted Nail 3/10
Filtered Truth 6/10

Everything's Gone 2/10
Through Oblivion 2/10
When The World Explodes 5/10
Rusted Nail 4/10
Filtered Truth 5/10

Everything's Gone 7.5/10
Rusted Nail 5-6ish/10
When The World Explodes 8/10
Through Oblivion 4/10
Filtered Truth 8.5/10

I really like Filtered truth and Wtwe, even Everythings gone is really good Imho, even though it ends a bit to quickly.
If The album ends up sounding like these songs to a degree, I will be fine with it. Funny thing is, after listening to the samples, its the more calm and clean vocal songs Im looking forward too. Who coulda thought.

Sorry to go back to this, but fuck... how can anyone think this is the worst track off Clayman?! Come on, this song is one of the best tracks In Flames have ever released :D I have no idea why ATFRT is so hugely underrated. Everything about it is amazing! The solo is this is just so powerful in comparison to the meandering wah-wah shit we get nowadays, and how the guy who wrote these incredible lyrics also wrote the lyrics in ASOP is beyond me. Fucking tragic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything's Gone 8/10
Rusted Nail 5/10
When The World Explodes 7.5/10
Through Oblivion 7/10
Filtered Truth 6/10

Oh and whoever said that I said Jesper needs to come back, I never said that. Jesper is burnt out and doesn't fit in the band anymore obviously. I really don't care for his new band, sounds generic to me.

That's right, Jesper's new band sounds more generic than In Flames new music. In Flames is at least mixing music styles together, but people just passively take it as pop rock when they know they'er full of shit. A band making softer music doesn't automatically mean it's shitty pop music, sorry.

I like Jesper a lot, but seriously his new band sounds like some angercore hatebreed esque band, and hatebreed fucking blows imo, not that Jesper's band does, but you get what I'm saying.

Do you mean The Resistance? If so I agree, nothing new or interesting there at all.

Well, we are now 12 days to the official release of Siren Charms. Sounds of a Playground Fading leaked 8 days before its official release.

There are quite good chances that we are all going to listen to this new album during the upcoming week. Can't wait to hear Dead Eyes!

Got my review copy today and been playing it for a few "spins".
I'll be posting full impressions later when I have been listening for a while. Here's the scores so far.

In Plain View - 6/10
Everything's Gone - 6/10
Paralyzed - 7/10
Through Oblivion - 5/10
With Eyes Wide Open - 5/10
Siren Charms - 4/10
When The World Explodes - 7/10
Rusted Nail - 2/10
Dead Eyes - 8/10
Monsters In The Ballroom - 6/10
Filtered Truth - 7/10

The Chase - 8/10
Become The Sky 9/10 - (Why isn't this on the first CD?! Just.. weird.)

Got my review copy today and been playing it for a few "spins".
I'll be posting full impressions later when I have been listening for a while. Here's the scores so far.

In Plain View - 6/10
Everything's Gone - 6/10
Paralyzed - 7/10
Through Oblivion - 5/10
With Eyes Wide Open - 5/10
Siren Charms - 4/10
When The World Explodes - 7/10
Rusted Nail - 2/10
Dead Eyes - 8/10
Monsters In The Ballroom - 6/10
Filtered Truth - 7/10

The Chase - 8/10
Become The Sky 9/10 - (Why isn't this on the first CD?! Just.. weird.)

Just leak it already.

Everything's Gone 5/10
Through Oblivion 4/10
When the World Explodes 6 or 7/10
Rusted Nail 4/10
Filtered Truth 6 or 7/10

Filtered Truth and WtWE have same parts that I extremely like, and some parts that are just... terrible. Weird stuff.

So again, if The chase and Become the sky isnt on the CD, any word on where you can get them?
Is there a Deluxe edition out there somewhere I dont know about?
Itunes? Japan exclusive lol?