In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

It's not a bad chorus, just because it's very soft or anything. It's just very, very forgettable. Just like everything else on the album.

I've heard it at least 10 times today, and I still can't remember what it sounds like.

I'm not telling it to myself. I really think that way.

Fucking spaniard.

You pig-headed chauvinist gaulish.

Well. After a second listen I think it's worse than the first time. Still thinking it would be good if Anders decided to do this on his own side project, or, at least, not making music when he is having his period.

Damn, this album is so slow. And not slow in a good doom metal way. It's that slowish mid-tempo start-stop-start-stop thing. And song structures are repeating from song to song. It all sounds the same.

Just listen the beginning of In Plain View and Paralyzed.

You can keep on telling to yourself, but it's still not true.

Dude what the hell? It's not a fact, okey maybe you didnt like it but just because you didnt like it doesnt mean it's bad. The guy like it so why you're saying at every post that he's wrong? Ok, you didnt like it just say that.Sorry but you're acting like a kid.

Well I'm enjoying the new album very much. I didnt like Paralyzed and Monsters In A Ballroom but other songs are pretty good. Dont care if it's a pop-rock album, it's still In Flames to me.

Siren Charms and With Eyes Wide Open grew on me. Dead Eyes is a pretty good song.

Dude what the hell? It's not a fact, okey maybe you didnt like it but just because you didnt like it doesnt mean it's bad. The guy like it so why you're saying at every post that he's wrong? Ok, you didnt like it just say that.Sorry but you're acting like a kid.

Well I'm enjoying the new album very much. I didnt like Paralyzed and Monsters In A Ballroom but other songs are pretty good. Dont care if it's a pop-rock album, it's still In Flames to me.

Siren Charms and With Eyes Wide Open grew on me. Dead Eyes is a pretty good song.

Just joking men. And I didn't say it's bad (though I think it is), but that this is not one of the best IF choruses ever (which is not).

In Plain View - I quite like the intro. Verse starts, Anders comes in and gays everything up. Quite like the guitars in the background, Rusted Nail-esque chrous. Cool little guitar breakdown around the 2:15 mark. It then slows down and loses momentum. Ends with the chorus. Not a terrible song. 6/10.

Everything's Gone - Not a bad start, then they rip off the Black & White intro riff and the verse kills momentum again. The vocals really don't work here. The fast guitar breakdowns will go down well live. One of the better choruses on the album but the verses really derail the track. Typical modern-IF wanky solo. 5/10.

Paralyzed - Guitar work at the start is a bit lazy, distinctly mid-tempo. Vocals in this one actually aren't that bad, but Anders has a really bizarre rhythm which doesn't really fit in with the instruments. The song structure has so far been very similar in the first three songs. The solo always seem to appear in the same place. 5/10.

Through Oblivion - Different, but not in a good way. Lazy with bad vocals. 3/10.

With Eyes Wide Open - Opening sounds like the start of an ASOP song (not necessarily bad, but a weak sounding guitar tone). Looks like the same song structure again. I don't mind the vocals in this so much, it's got a STYE vibe about it in some parts. Another song that would be quite good live if Anders could sing. 6/10.

Siren Charms - Total dud. Vocals don't fit in at all and the lyrics are ASOP level lame. "the whole world can just go to hell, this life is killing me" ... :D a nothing song in every respect. 3/10.

When The World Explodes - Weird song. Anders screaming sounds really metalcore-ish here, which isn't a compliment. The guitars are really lazy again, a lot of riffs in this album seem to be recycled. It's like this song was recorded in 3/4 different sessions and then spliced together without any thought given to song structure or coherence. Very unusual, with a little more effort this could have been decent. 5/10.

Rusted Nail - Modern In Flames at its best/worst. 4/10.

Dead Eyes - An opening straight out of STYE. The chorus is shamefully poppy, almost embarrassing. As a whole, this is too slow to be interesting. 4/10.

Monsters in the Ballroom - Standard poppy modern-IF song. 4/10.

Filtered Truth - I don't really get the love a lot of people have for this one. It's a tad faster than other songs on the album, but really, it's got the same poor vocals, the same recycled riffs and the same boring structure. There's nothing especially new here. Distinctly average. 5/10.

This album lacks two things on the instrumental side - speed and energy. It's a very slow album with only a few bright spots. There is a painful lack of inspiration here which renders a lot of the songs quite boring and predictable. You wouldn't know the band has two guitarists - they don't use the extra guitar at all, this could have easily been recorded with just Bjorn on guitar, and they could play all of these songs live with one guitar. The rest of the instruments are just kind of there... nothing outstanding about the bass (as always) or the drums. There's some groove in certain sections of the album, but I can't get over how slow and plodding it is. Bjorn could have played most of this in his sleep.

Anyone who isn't a fan of Anders clean vocals will hate this album. It's almost all cleans and whilst Anders sounds better than he did on ASOP, rhythmically he simply doesn't have a clue. Few of the vocals seem to match the instruments, some of it is painful to listen to.

This is probably the first In Flames album which, to me, doesn't sound like In Flames anymore. It's just a generic pop-rock nothingness. The album has no substance, no ingenuity and no heart. Everything unique about In Flames has been stripped away and replaced with mediocrity. This is the album we feared they'd make one day, and it really shouldn't be under the In Flames banner. It's an Anders side-project, and there's nothing here that gives me the In Flames vibe. It's a pretty depressing listen.

This is probably the first In Flames album which, to me, doesn't sound like In Flames anymore. It's just a generic pop-rock nothingness. The album has no substance, no ingenuity and no heart. Everything unique about In Flames has been stripped away and replaced with mediocrity. This is the album we feared they'd make one day, and it really shouldn't be under the In Flames banner. It's an Anders side-project, and there's nothing here that gives me the In Flames vibe. It's a pretty depressing listen.

Totally agree.

The best short description I can come up with for this album is background music. It's inoffensive and could play in the background without anybody really noticing. All other In Flames albums - even ASOP - tend to demand your attention. This album doesn't even ask for your attention, let alone demand it. It's just there.