In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I like it a lot. I'm not going to try and argue or convince anyone because clearly it's different. But I listened maybe two more times so far and I like it.

I know. I'm just saying the guys who saying again and again that this is a Nickelback album.

Omg, where did i say this is a Nickelback album? I said that the chorus of Dead Eyes sounds like Nickelback with distorted guitars. Which is true, I can really imagine this band playing this chorus.

Anyway, like some of you guys stated, "forgettable" describes the album perfectly. I listened to it at least 10 times today and I can't remember of any melodies from the songs which weren't released previously (which I heard million times). And I'm not really willing to listen to this album again. I don't enjoy it. Right now I would give it 2.5/10 for two or three songs which aren't that bad.

I saw that coming as these five previously released tracks weren't very promising, but I feel disappointed anyway. I still like In Flames, I really do. I hope the next album will be better.

slows down and loses momentum... kills momentum again... verses really derail the track... wanky solo... a bit lazy, distinctly mid-tempo... bizarre rhythm which doesn't really fit in with the instruments... song structure very similar... solo always seem to appear in the same place... Vocals don't fit in at all... a lot of riffs in this album seem to be recycled... spliced together without any thought given to song structure or coherence....chorus is shamefully poppy...too slow to be interesting...Distinctly average.

This album lacks two things on the instrumental side - speed and energy.

There is a painful lack of inspiration here which renders a lot of the songs quite boring and predictable.

Anyone who isn't a fan of Anders clean vocals will hate this album.

It's just a generic pop-rock nothingness. The album has no substance, no ingenuity and no heart.

There! Best SC review ever written. :D

Also, I think I read here that some of you think that the intro of Monsters in the Ballroom sounds STYE-ish.

Actually, you are not so wrong, but you are still wrong. The sample that you hear in the Monsters intro is the same as the one in the Behind Space 99' intro but it's pitched. And the intro ends with the sample you can here in echo in the end of Sounds of a Playground Fading.

I don't know how to even describe this. It's hilarious that they've made an album entirely of ballad-ish songs when there should be one, or two at the most. Then the rest of the tracks should be heavy, be it metal or hard-rock if that's the direction they want to take.

Sad. Very sad. :erk:

As much as I hate this album, I don't really get your point. Paralyzed, Through Oblivion, With Eyes Wide open, maybe Dead Eyes are ballad-ish. I wouldn't call rest of the songs this way. They are lazy, slow and boring but they're not ballads IMO.

What the fuck is Krofius doing?

Getting siren charms coerced into coexistence.

I'm still fighting to like this album, but it's just not working. It doesn't even have the novelty factor going for it.
For the first time; I don't want to hear the new IF album anymore.