In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Listened through the whole thing now twice, I really really love In Plain View and Paralyzed and also love the increase in acoustic riffs. Serious question, does the riffs in the verse in With Eyes Wide Open remind you of The Jester's Dance as well (the part that starts at 0:50)? There's a few weird/boring parts in some songs but in general IMO there's lots of great stuff and also seems to be an album that takes a while to hear all the stuff in the background. I guess this forum will die again in a while. See you guys in 3 years with a new album that will suck even more lel #2017 #newhope #OldIFReturns

The forum usually chugs along for a while as people digest the album... then dies about 3/4 months in... :D

The forum usually chugs along for a while as people digest the album... then dies about 3/4 months in... :D

Yeah, I think it will die down after this year as well lol. I might post once in a while if there's some cool news of course but judging from the past years there won't be any activity really.

Well. I think it sould be better if, after a year or so, people come back and tell how they feel about the album at that time. I'm saying this becaouse time changes perception. And not talking about starting to hate it. At first, when I bought RTR, I couldn't stand the album. So I left it apart. A year after, I started listening to it again and now I really like it.

Svářeč;10897230 said:
I bet they'll get on the right track and the next album will be The Jester Race p. II :headbang::lol:

My prediction.

I don't know if this is gonna be the next album or even two albums after. But, seeing the way other bands did things before, in a near future the band will turn into a more heavier stuff, not melodeath that's for sure, asuring that they never left being a metal band and that they want to remind it to people (I don't know if i'm expresing the right or the wrong way). After wich the "loyal" fans will start to say that's the direction that naturally lead from the past albums and Anders talking nonsense about growing old and mature and having preadolescent children that like heavier stuff and being influenced by his kids.

Well, that last part is a nonsense that jumped out of my mind.

The first part it's experience seeing what other bands that took similar ways did before of them.

Yeah, I think it will die down after this year as well lol. I might post once in a while if there's some cool news of course but judging from the past years there won't be any activity really.

I tend to check back here every so often during the post-album lulls... post some crap, then leave :D

Fact is we've already discussed all there is to discuss about In Flames... new albums aside there isn't much else to say :err:

Well I see everyone whining that it's boring and unoriginal but to my ears almost all the songs sound completely different, and there's elements in many songs I've never heard In Flames have, and to my ears it's all good surprises. I can agree that it's dominantly mid-paced, and that the vocals is much more subjective than it's previously been, but to say that there's no good riffs or melodies? There's lots of awesome typical In Flames melodies scattered throughout lots of songs. Most choruses have really good hooks also, a few are boring and has very bland lyrics on top of it to make it worse.

Of course this is only my opinion, but I don't understand how some of you like Ropes from SoAPF but dislike pretty much all songs here which to my ears compared to Ropes, the cleans have improved tremendously. I find Ropes as top3 worst tracks on SoAPF.

My prediction.

I don't know if this is gonna be the next album or even two albums after. But, seeing the way other bands did things before, in a near future the band will turn into a more heavier stuff, not melodeath that's for sure, asuring that they never left being a metal band and that they want to remind it to people (I don't know if i'm expresing the right or the wrong way). After wich the "loyal" fans will start to say that's the direction that naturally lead from the past albums and Anders talking nonsense about growing old and mature and having preadolescent children that like heavier stuff and being influenced by his kids.

Well, that last part is a nonsense that jumped out of my mind.

The first part it's experience seeing what other bands that took similar ways did before of them.

I think the defining element will be how well this album sells. If sales are excellent they'll continue on this route (writing this stuff has to be far easier than writing albums like SOAPF, Clayman or TJR), but if sales aren't what they expected they'll go back to the SOAPF sound - harder and faster, but with various pop influences still present.

Of course this is only my opinion, but I don't understand how some of you like Ropes from SoAPF but dislike pretty much all songs here which to my ears compared to Ropes, the cleans have improved tremendously. I find Ropes as top3 worst tracks on SoAPF.

Ropes. Classic Heavy Metal piece with good guitar and voice melodies.

SC. Random stuff with forgettable Anders lines.

Ropes. Classic Heavy Metal piece with good guitar and voice melodies.

SC. Random stuff with forgettable Anders lines.

I am surprised you think that way. You'll take Ropes over In Plain View? Ropes has very boring verse and the chorus doesn't have any hook or vocal melodies in it really. And the lyrics to top it off aren't among the best either.

I think the defining element will be how well this album sells. If sales are excellent they'll continue on this route (writing this stuff has to be far easier than writing albums like SOAPF, Clayman or TJR), but if sales aren't what they expected they'll go back to the SOAPF sound - harder and faster, but with various pop influences still present.

Agree. But, in the end, new fans always grow tired of the bands and those go back to their "roots".

I'm talking about: Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, Paradise Lost, Entombed, the new The Haunted album and a long etc.

By the way, cool and unusual very oldschool thrashy intro to Monsters in the Ballroom.