In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I was kidding re: Arch Enemy, but it would be fucking awesome if that was a Dead Eyes See No Future cover :D

Yeah it would. It would be awesome if they just covered anything at all...They haven't covered something since R2R =/

Anders also posted the Rusted Nail artwork on his instagram and wrote:
"Just this once listen to the words I say. If you want, I will, I'm there until the end of time #rustednail #if2014"

I assume those are some more lyrics.

Yeah it would. It would be awesome if they just covered anything at all...They haven't covered something since R2R =/

"Just this once listen to the words I say. If you want, I will, I'm there until the end of time #rustednail #if2014"

Anders and his tortured soul :D he needs a swift boot up his arse.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw you upload yesterda a song from their Rock am Ring 2008 performance.

I have the mp3's of cloud, quiet place, colony, transparent and only for the weak myself that someone had uploaded to youtube like 5 years ago and were deleted shortly after.

I literally laughed out loud when I saw you upload yesterda a song from their Rock am Ring 2008 performance.

I have the mp3's of cloud, quiet place, colony, transparent and only for the weak myself that someone had uploaded to youtube like 5 years ago and were deleted shortly after.

I actually hadn't heard any of the 2. Especially the Clayman was a good find.

New excerpt lyrics from Rusted Nail by Anders:

"Morning stroll through the forest listening to......."Leave the doomed behind, search with different light" #rustednail #if2014 #sirencharms"

Another sample! With vocals as well. http://www.inflames.com/whywait/
That sounds very different from how I imagined, I like the production though, sounds very massive. Highest pitched screams I've heard in a while along with a completely new style of clean vocals. I think this will take a while to get used to but it sounds good to me but I'm positive many people will hate it.

Another sample! With vocals as well. http://www.inflames.com/whywait/
That sounds very different from how I imagined, I like the production though, sounds very massive. Highest pitched screams I've heard in a while along with a completely new of clean vocals. I think this will take a while to get used to but it sounds good to me but I'm positive many people will hate it.

This is interesting indeed, thanks for sharing!

Interesting. But it sounds like those vocals might be just a small part? Either way, sounds like they would be unique to that song so this album most likely will have varied vocals which is always good with In Flames. Also, I'm surprised Krofius hasn't posted this yet but, "Deep inside the memories that are left behind. Close my eyes I've been hopelessly lost in the fear" - Taken from "In Plain View" off the new album Siren Charms."

Also this from about an hour ago, "'Find the stream that leads to open water, watch the divine' - When the world explodes IF2014"

Damn that's a good line. And I didn't bother posting the other one because I didn't think it was of interest :p

Also thought of a thing, I'm not even sure the new vocal sample is from Rusted Nail or if it's another song. If it's from Rusted Nail those lyrics are coincidentally very fitting to the ''whywait'' thing they're doing.

And yeah, that vocal part doesn't really sound like it's the whole song. After like 10+ listens of it it doesn't sound that weird actually. Just like when I first heard Deliver Us, the slightly new clean vocal style sounded very different but only for a while.

I like that Anders is posting these small lyric snippets, and most of them pretty good. I think most of the lyrics on SOAPF was a ''return to form'', with the Sounds of a Playground Fading (song) had easily the best lyrics, especially in the chorus.

I think the vocal sample is from Rusted Nail. That whole sample uses the same riff we've already heard and I thought they said that was a sample of Rusted Nail before. SOAPF had good lyrics; they seemed to have more imagination and seemed less lazy especially compared to the extremely simple lines from ASOP. I think really the only weakness in the lyrics on SOAPF is the second verse from The Puzzle. I really like the lyrics to The Attic.

I don't understand why it takes so long for people to Follow to get the song to release.

Also, what the fuck.. Bottled is NOT the worst song. Have you guys never heard ANY One Direction song? If you haven't, keep it that way.

CLICK! <- Go there and Follow so we all can hear the tune.

-

Quick edit:

Two songs that were "legendarized" by fans as mysterious songs from "A Sense of Purpose" may see the daylight with the upcoming album.
It has been 6 years since ASOP and as far as I know, we haven't heard those two songs yet.

http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=406

Snip:

Metal-Impact: In the studio diaries of the recording of A Sense Of Purpose, we can hear songs that still are unreleased. In one of them you even sing something like &#8220;mass consumption of greed&#8221;. Will they be available one day?
Anders: Yeah, they will. I can&#8217;t tell you which day exactly, but they&#8217;ll sure be on future releases.

I don't feel like going back through those diaries but I thought there ended up being just one song we didn't hear. They said something like 16 songs, but 12 made the album, and then we had 3 bonus ones. So, that leaves one extra. Am I right? I think the "mass consumption of greed" sounded like it might be cool but maybe it's better if we don't ever hear the whole song.

I don't understand why it takes so long for people to Follow to get the song to release.

Also, what the fuck.. Bottled is NOT the worst song. Have you guys never heard ANY One Direction song? If you haven't, keep it that way.

CLICK! <- Go there and Follow so we all can hear the tune.

-

Quick edit:

Two songs that were "legendarized" by fans as mysterious songs from "A Sense of Purpose" may see the daylight with the upcoming album.
It has been 6 years since ASOP and as far as I know, we haven't heard those two songs yet.

http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=406

Snip:

Metal-Impact: In the studio diaries of the recording of A Sense Of Purpose, we can hear songs that still are unreleased. In one of them you even sing something like &#8220;mass consumption of greed&#8221;. Will they be available one day?
Anders: Yeah, they will. I can&#8217;t tell you which day exactly, but they&#8217;ll sure be on future releases.

Actually I have to correct that. I also read that interview years ago.

There is one unreleased song which is the one with ''Mass consumption of greed'' lyrics. The other ''unreleased'' song is not unreleased, it's the song Björn wrote for a charity project called ''New Beginnings'' which is an awesome oldschool IF-sounding instrumental song. Just go to youtube if you wanna hear it. 17 songs in total on the ASOP sessions, 15 in total on the album, 1 released for charity and the last unknown one remains unreleased.

Also except for the vocal parts u hear from that unreleased song on the ASOP video diaries, There was on the old Jesterhead site a 30sec snippet video where Peter plays a really cool bassline to a guitar riff from the same song.

Chorus beginning (before it gets whiny) is good. Everything else... Boring, repetitive, random. Solo... WTF!?

Song formula:

- average intro (listenable, forgettable)
- random SOAP riff, random wah melody
- repetitive shitty riff already used in like 10 songs
- average random IF-ish bridge (listenable, forgettable)
- cool chorus that could have been better
- shitty riffs again with just...terrible vocals
- average random bridge again
- cool chorus
- random wah solo like almost any other on last few albums (oh, and I hate that background riff Bjorn puts in all of his solos these days)
- cool chorus
- cool chorus + anoying keyboards
- shitty riffs for the third time + SOAPF electro noise

Yeah, quality stuff. :rolleyes:

Production is clean again, but I don't like the guitar sound (weak and fuzzy). Passable I guess.