In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I could understand a positive reaction to SC if it had come after ASOP, but we've just come off In Flames' most powerful and diverse album in some time and now they give us this? It's such a let down.

I love the energy on SOAPF. The atmosphere of the album draws you in and they finally seemed to work out how to fit Anders' clean vocal style into their songs without destroying them. It's like they forgot everything about the SOAPF sessions and regressed back to ASOP's uninspired mindset. I really can't articulate how disappointed I am (though I'm trying my best :D).

I can appreciate people attempting to take positives out of SC. It's been three years, it's new stuff and few people listen to the album intending to dislike or hate it. But the positives here all seem to be grasping at straws and pretending they didn't release an amazing album three years ago (or making laughable remarks about how these new songs are somehow superior).

Great post as a whole. Couldn't agree more.

SOAPF is an amazing, amazing album. Don't get me wrong. But I like Siren Charms just the same way. Please, accept that without trying to tell me that I'm fooling myself.

Nah bro it's your opinion it's all good. I do like Paralyzed's main riff and verse vocals. I just gave Paralyzed another thorough listening and it's probably made it's way into my head as the only complete and good song on the album(so far to be fair). It does have a powerful chorus in it's own right and good atmosphere throughout.

I was just saying that Where the Dead Ships Dwell with the bass way up and loud as fuckkkkk is amazingly headbangable.

Absolutely. Great song, very powerful. That chorus is just fantastic, nothing on SC holds a candle to it.

This^

The feeling the choruses throw at you is great just BOOOM FEEL I WAS RUNNIN AN ENDLESS MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEE(gave me chills after listening just now lolol) Main riff is heavy as hell and goes hard. Love it.

To go from SOAPF which was actual progression
(moving along into something different the correct way) then REGRESSING three years later into this isn't a nice feeling.

These are your thoughts. The fact is that you're wrong. Please, accept this and stop being fucking stubborn.

If you think you can judge SC based on a poor quality leak you've listened to for a day and declare it on the same level or better than SOAPF then fine, I just think it's nonsensical.

The feeling the choruses throw at you is great just BOOOM FEEL I WAS RUNNIN AN ENDLESS MIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLEEEE(gave me chills after listening just now lolol) Main riff is heavy as hell and goes hard. Love it.

(moving along into something different the correct way) then REGRESSING three years later into this isn't a nice feeling.

Am listening to SOAPF right now and fucking love it. Why the fuck would I listen to SC when I could listen to this instead? It's so much better that I can't believe anybody would argue to the contrary :D

And as for people shitting on Ropes... what the fuck? :D The intro to Ropes is x1000 better than anything on SC, it's awesome. Verses aren't the best thanks to Anders, but still very energetic guitar work and the chorus is, like pretty much everything else on SOAPF, really powerful. Again, no chorus on SC comes close to this.

First Impresion:
In Plain View 6.5/10
Everything Is Gone 7/10
Paralyzed 4/10
Through Oblivion 7.5/10
With Eyes Wide Open 9/10
Siren Charms 7/10
When The World Explodes 7.5/10
Rusted Nail 5.5/10
Dead Eyes 7.5/10
Monsters In The Ballroom 6/10
Filtered Truth 8.5/10

After A lot of spins, listening it with headphones:
In Plain View 8/10
Everything Is Gone 8/10
Paralyzed 5/10
Through Oblivion 7.5/10
With Eyes Wide Open 10/10
Siren Charms 9.5/10
When The World Explodes 9/10
Rusted Nail 5.5/10
Dead Eyes 8.5/10
Monsters In The Ballroom 6/10
Filtered Truth 8.5/10

WEWO is my new favorite In Flames song. It's really awesome, guitars, verses,chorus seems perfectly fit.
I Don't care if you guys count Dead Eyes's chorus as a "Nickelback song" but it's awesome, catchy.
Siren Charms's guitar work is pretty good. And Anders doing amazing clean vocals on this one.

Anyone shitting on the intro to ropes can use a rope... to hang theirself.. Seriously though that intro to that song is one of the best things In Flames ever did in a long time and you're insulting it? Really?

SC isn't an regression lol. It's definitely a progression from SoAPF, otherwise it wouldn't be so different sounding.

Actually I do love the intro to Ropes, that's he highlight of the song for sure.
Paralyzed might be my new favorite song, that chorus is just so damn catchy.
Also heard such a fucking awesome guitar melody in Siren Charms at 2:30 when there's only drums, vocals and lead guitar. Damn.

I usually have no problem understanding what people like about music I don't like, but this:

With Eyes Wide Open 10/10
Siren Charms 9.5/10
When The World Explodes 9/10

no offense but I just don't get it. WEWO is such a weak song, Paralyzed is so much better and more powerful song (though it's not something miraculous) yet you rate it just 5/10. Siren Charms feels so half-done and the chorus is possibly the weakest on the album. And When the World Explodes, well the only good things about this song are those female vocals and the electronics in the chorus which generate some atmosphere. Everything else in this song is just wrong.

Monsters in the Ballroom has become much better from a bunch of more listens, I understand the chorus very well now and dig it a lot. Also I'm starting to hear all the guitar melodies in the background and stuff, there's some really good stuff.
And Siren Charms doesn't feel at all half-done to me. The chorus is the best part of the song imo ''I'LL SET YOU FREE IF YOU FOLLOW ME'' fucking love that part. And I like the sudden break after the chorus and it kicks into the verse again, but then accompanied by a really sweet guitar melody in the background.

In "With Wide Eyes Open" there's this part at 02:48 that, to me, sound very old-school melodeath. I wish they did something longer with that part rather than abruptly end it at 3.00. If they did that, the ending of that song would have been so much better. :erk:

Huys, I really apreciate de effort you're making to find those classic IF melodeath moments just trying to convince us, excepticals, that it's a good album. But I think it would be easier to find all the por rock and weak Anders elements in the songs. Childsplay.

It does indeed. It's a bit more slow and ''happy'' sounding but I do hear it. I might get yelled at for this but 2:48-2:54 riff gives me a bit of a Whoracle feel.

Listened to it some more, and it's grown on me.

It's confusing at first, but then it becomes refreshing. I love metal still, but I like experimental music a lot so it does strike me pretty harder than a more typical listener.

My favorite tracks have to be In Plain View Siren Charms With Eyes Wide Open and Everything's Gone.
I really love the quiet brooding clean guitar parts. I always have especially on Colony and Bullet Ride verses.

Svářeč;10897443 said:
Maybe, but it's 8 seconds. 8 seconds. The whole song is softer than Liberation, not to mention it's not at least half that catchy and fresh.
I'm not trying to convince anyone that the song is good because of 8seconds, the guy just said it sounded like that and I just concurred with him. I think it's nice though.