In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Two disturbing (personal) consecuences from listening to the new album are that:

First: I'm starting to hate Anders.
Second: For the first time, i have no IF songs on my mp3 player.

Still waiting for a better leak...

sherlock-grin-thumb-500x280-155380.gif

I think the production took a huge change from Whoracle to Colony even if it's still Fredman. new amps, tighter drum production/sound. Production sounded more modern and polished than Whoracle and back.

I agree. Especially on the drums. TJR had better snare sound than Whoracle, I don't know why though. Colony and Clayman had the best production imo, most likely Clayman takes the throne.
Whoracle is my favorite album but the drums and snare especially bother me a bit some times.

I agree. Especially on the drums. TJR had better snare sound than Whoracle, I don't know why though. Colony and Clayman had the best production imo, most likely Clayman takes the throne.
Whoracle is my favorite album but the drums and snare especially bother me a bit some times.

You must remember that the drummer at that time was Bjorn.

You must remember that the drummer at that time was Bjorn.

Yeah but Björn played the drums on TJR also. I didn't mean he was bad, I meant the production on the snare drums on Whoracle is a bit weird. Regressed in quality if you compare it to TJR.

I'll probably wait for a better quality leak to come out before listening to this again. It's sad, but after 3/4 spins I have literally no desire to listen to any of these songs again. It's the only In Flames' album I can say that for - I even had ASOP on repeat for months.

Yeah but Björn played the drums on TJR also. I didn't mean he was bad, I meant the production on the snare drums on Whoracle is a bit weird. Regressed in quality if you compare it to TJR.

But I think he was a bad drummer. He could do nothing else but following the rythm. The arrive of Daniel really was a good change to the band.

I don't think he was a bad drummer at all. He was just a regular good drummer, nothing special. Daniel is a really good drummer though. Jesper did all the drums on Lunar Strain and he's apparently much worse than Björn ever was.

I don't think he was a bad drummer at all. He was just a regular good drummer, nothing special. Daniel is a really good drummer though. Jesper did all the drums on Lunar Strain and he's apparently much worse than Björn ever was.

Yeah. Goodtimes.

You know, I've got a friend who's a drummer, and he says that Daniel is just a good drummer. And Bjorn recently said that he was not a drummer at all, he was just playing drums with local kids ore something like that.

I downloaded it, listened once and deleted immediately. What a joke of a record. Laziness all around. The whole thing is garbage except for a 15 second span in one of the songs. Enjoy it if you like it. I'll be blasting the new Dark Fortress!

Svářeč;10897427 said:
I usually have no problem understanding what people like about music I don't like, but this:

no offense but I just don't get it. WEWO is such a weak song, Paralyzed is so much better and more powerful song (though it's not something miraculous) yet you rate it just 5/10. Siren Charms feels so half-done and the chorus is possibly the weakest on the album. And When the World Explodes, well the only good things about this song are those female vocals and the electronics in the chorus which generate some atmosphere. Everything else in this song is just wrong.

Ha! I don't know maybe its because of the mood I'm in, I really love the ballads on this album. And WEWO is a really really good one for me. Guitars are pretty good (although I wish we had quality leak). Verses are awesome, I loved Anders clean on this song. And chorus is massive! Don't know why you're saying that this song weak. And I'm feeling weird about Paralyzed, just couldnt get into it. Siren Charms is one of my favorites from the album. Clean guitars is really awesome. And again Anders did an awesome job with the verses. Chorus one of the favorite In Flames choruses of all time.

I'll probably wait for a better quality leak to come out before listening to this again. It's sad, but after 3/4 spins I have literally no desire to listen to any of these songs again. It's the only In Flames' album I can say that for - I even had ASOP on repeat for months.

When better leak comes out, I'll give it a few spins but so far I can say, I'm not tempted to listen to this album anymore. Maybe In Plain View, Paralyzed and Filtered Truth. I don't care for any of the other songs and if I never heard them again, I wouldn't mind at all.

ciko_gfb: Well, good for you :) I just think that Paralyzed is much more epic and the riff is also much better. Only thing I feel weird about this song are guitars in chorus and vocals.

Yeah. Goodtimes.

You know, I've got a friend who's a drummer, and he says that Daniel is just a good drummer. And Bjorn recently said that he was not a drummer at all, he was just playing drums with local kids ore something like that.

Nonono, he was working at a youth center and taught drums to the local kids. Björn was just a decent drummer though. Jesper kinda sucked but he managed to record decent parts for Lunar Strain. In the same interview you are talking about Björn got asked by Jesper to play drums on Lunar Strain just because Jesper thought he was much better than him. They jammed a bit but he didn't think it sounded that good but he regretted it a little bit after he heard how good Lunar Strain was afterwards, that's why he jumped at the chance when he got another chance on TJR. Daniel definitely isn't some technical god or a big name in the industry, but he's a solid drummer IMO. I think he's even better on the two Sacrilege records though, super young and energetic.

Nonono, he was working at a youth center and taught drums to the local kids. Björn was just a decent drummer though. Jesper kinda sucked but he managed to record decent parts for Lunar Strain. In the same interview you are talking about Björn got asked by Jesper to play drums on Lunar Strain just because Jesper thought he was much better than him. They jammed a bit but he didn't think it sounded that good but he regretted it a little bit after he heard how good Lunar Strain was afterwards, that's why he jumped at the chance when he got another chance on TJR. Daniel definitely isn't some technical god or a big name in the industry, but he's a solid drummer IMO. I think he's even better on the two Sacrilege records though, super young and energetic.

You're right. I didn't remember exactly what he said. And of course that Daniel is a good drumer.

In fact, the weakest point through all the album is Anders.

Edit: tried to listen to the whole album two times non stop. I stopped after listening the IPV chorus for the second time. Just can't stand what they're doing now.

When I first heard Rusted Nail, I immediately knew this album was in real danger of being really bad. I've been listening to In Flames for probably 15 year and I can honestly say I enjoy all their albums. I mainly go back to Colony/Whoracle/Clayman, but I enjoy every album after that. I even remember playing ASOP in my car for months when I first got it.

But this album just gives off bad vibes all over the place. Granted I've only listened once all the way through and then skipped around a second time. But even with better sound quality, I feel like it isn't gonna get better. It feels like it's combining my least favorite qualities of their last few albums and made an entire album sounding like that. I always take the good with the bad with them, but we've finally reached the point where the bad severely outweighs the good.

I've never NOT had the urge to re-listen to a brand new In Flames album.