In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Btw just compared the intro previous version of Filtered Truth that came out some weeks ago to the one in the leak we just got, it sounds like the riff is being played on a different chord, wtf ?
The one in the leak does sound very weird. But the other songs on the leak don't sound weird in that way. If they do sound different as well, they will sound so much better with quality leak then, lol.

Btw just compared the intro previous version of Filtered Truth that came out some weeks ago to the one in the leak we just got, it sounds like the riff is being played on a different chord, wtf ?
The one in the leak does sound very weird. But the other songs on the leak don't sound weird in that way. If they do sound different as well, they will sound so much better with quality leak then, lol.

It's not played on a different chord. As I'm trying to tell you since yesterday, sound quality of the leak is AWFUL. It's all compressed, fuzzy and fucked up. That's the scientific explanation to the difference you hear between these versions of Through Oblivion and Filtered Truth and the nicer, higher quality versions you heard before.

Yeah I know but I only hear the extreme compression and fuzzyness on Filtered Truth really. I thought all the other things had a really good soundscape and detail, I'm just happy it'll probably sound even better with a real rip.

But the other songs on the leak don't sound weird in that way.

Have you paid attention to Through Oblivion? Where are the keys in the chorus? They just disappeared in the mess. Have you paid attention to Everything's Gone? The cymbals sound like Daniel is frying something. When The World Explodes? It's amazing how it's fucked up during the chorus. And I will not talk about Monsters in the Ballroom. Sound quality is awful from the very beginning to the very end.

Listen to the actual riff dude, with a different production it would fit in.

I posted after listening to the riff.

Doing a two string melody doesn't make a rif melodeath. And this riff wouldn't fit into the Whoracle album.

Talking another thing and the same. Someone noticed that the bridge from WTWE is a slow version from the intro of ATFRT?

I posted after listening to the riff.

Doing a two string melody doesn't make a rif melodeath. And this riff wouldn't fit into the Whoracle album.

I almost exlusively listen to different types of melodeath and have done that for the last 7 years at least, I can distinguish whether the riff sounds a certain way or doesn't. Thrash metal riffs sound a certain way, so does typical Melodeath rifs. I didn't say it could be a song on Whoracle, I said it gave me a Whoracle feel, and it still does. If you could have that riff with the Whoracle production it could indeed be a part of some song.

I mean it's no Food For the Gods though of course lol.

I almost exlusively listen to different types of melodeath and have done that for the last 7 years at least, I can distinguish whether the riff sounds a certain way or doesn't. Thrash metal riffs sound a certain way, so does typical Melodeath rifs. I didn't say it could be a song on Whoracle, I said it gave me a Whoracle feel, and it still does. If you could have that riff with the Whoracle production it could indeed be a part of some song.

I mean it's no Food For the Gods though of course lol.

No it's not. But that's a trap. Changing production can make almost every song for the past 5 albums a part of the whoracle album.

No it's not. But that's a trap. Changing production can make almost every song for the past 5 albums a part of the whoracle album.

Lol no. You're saying that give SoAPF the oldschool Fredman production and almost all the songs could be a part of the Whoracle album? I mean sure there's several parts of songs that possibly could be but the songs as a whole is not written in the same way. Not even Whoracle and Colony or Clayman sound that similar, and they all have the same type of production.

Lol no. You're saying that give SoAPF the oldschool Fredman production and almost all the songs could be a part of the Whoracle album? I mean sure there's several parts of songs that possibly could be but the songs as a whole is not written in the same way. Not even Whoracle and Colony or Clayman sound that similar, and they all have the same type of production.

And with this you're stating what I mean about the riff.

Man I don't know if it's your bad English or something but I don't understand your point.

Also. I found some riffs that resemble the CC album. I don't remember the song now (i will search lately). And must say I like the intro riff from MITB, the shame is that then comes Anders and ruins the whole song.

Edit: found. The riff just after the second chorus from IPV.

I can hear that CC riff you are talking about as well. It's in the same vein indeed, don't think it is similar to a certain song though. The intro of MitB is pure oldschool thrash metal, sounds very metallica-ish.

I can hear that CC riff you are talking about as well. It's in the same vein indeed, don't think it is similar to a certain song though. The intro of MitB is pure oldschool thrash metal, sounds very metallica-ish.

Totally agree.

I think the production took a huge change from Whoracle to Colony even if it's still Fredman. new amps, tighter drum production/sound. Production sounded more modern and polished than Whoracle and back.