In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

The leak we had previously must've been a re-rip of the 40mb then, compressing the shit out of it. But 128kbps is not real quality, CD quality is 192kbps. But if it's better than the leak we had it's nice to have until real rip comes.

The leak we had previously must've been a re-rip of the 40mb then, compressing the shit out of it. But 128kbps is not real quality, CD quality is 192kbps. But if it's better than the leak we had it's nice to have until real rip comes.

It was the same leaker actually, he touches upon it in his post:

I did a 100% source rip this morning instead of the mutt rip I did last night, idk why it decided to work this morning but it might be worth it...

All links updated with said rip :)

Ah thanks, but 128kbps is still not 100% quality though, especially if you have good headphones you will hear minor differences.

Ah thanks, but 128kbps is still not 100% quality though, especially if you have good headphones you will hear minor differences.

I don't disagree. :)

The voice sits a bit better in this quality; but I still can't listen to this album.
There are two parts in the whole album that I find enjoyable: the acoustic interlude/melody in Dead Eyes in the bridge, and When the World Explodes chorus. :(

Admittedly, I do enjoy the chorus in Monsters in the Ballroom. Somewhat unique and interesting, at least.

True. I can hear immediate difference and clarity in the sound, so thanks a lot for the link. Will re-download once a real rip with the bonustracks included in a week.

With Eyes Widen Open intro is 100% ASOP. Same guitar tone. Anders' vocals are actually OK in this song.

With Eyes Widen Open intro is 100% ASOP. Same guitar tone. Anders' vocals are actually OK in this song.

Immediately when I hear the intro to WEWO I am reminded of some previous In Flames song, but when you say it, I agree. It sounds like a melody that would fit on ASOP. Doesn't really sound similar to a certain song but the actual sound does.

I see the album is slowly growing on you ;) Keep listening. It's not like his vocals in WEWO is remarkably different from all other songs on the album, I think you might grow to like a few more things. Highlights for me are still the chorus of Paralyzed & In Plain View and the entire title track.

I see the album is slowly growing on you ;) Keep listening. It's not like his vocals in WEWO is remarkably different from all other songs on the album, I think you might grow to like a few more things. Highlights for me are still the chorus of Paralyzed & In Plain View and the entire title track.

Hah, I wouldn't say it's growing on me :D just giving it another spin with a better quality leak. In Plain View is definitely one of the best on the record, Paralyzed is OK but never seems to get going. It would benefit from a faster pace.

The slowness of the album is still a big problem for me. I think that's what the band were going for, but it just seems so lacklustre. Parts of the song structures are weird, too. The Siren Charms chorus sounds like it was spliced together from two different songs. "Somewhere behind a cloud" to "I'll set you free if you follow me" has a shift which was uncomfortable to my ears as soon as I heard it.

Monsters in the Ballroom is another song with a good, groovy intro. The rest of the song is too similar to the tracks that came before it, though, which I think is a problem across the album. It all sounds so similar.

I guess I'm the only one who couldnt get in to Paralyzed :D

Edit: By the way, new leak has a better quality. You couldnt even listen Through Oblivion on the other leak.

Took me a few listens to understand it good, but I love the long intro and the main groovy riff. The first verse sounds weird vocally, but I'm getting around to it. The chorus is what to me makes the song so damn good, one of the best IF choruses I've heard in a long time. And I fucking love the lyrics in the chorus too. The keyboard adds a lot of atmosphere in the chorus also. The solo is nothing spectacular but it's catchy and good. The chugging stop-and-go riffs behind the vocal melodies make it sound really cool. Hard to describe what I really mean though, but I like that he's singing like 1-3 words at a time and pausing inbetween, that's what makes the chorus so good ''TO FIGURE OUT'' ''CAST OUT'' ''PARALYYYYZED'' ''REWIND, THERES NO TIME'' like that, if you understand :p

Although I don't really love Ropes it's a decent song, and I remember the same kinda feeling about the Ropes chorus, it sounded really weird and unstructured in a way, took me a few listens to understand it correctly and then it became much better.

The Siren Charms chorus sounds like it was spliced together from two different songs. "Somewhere behind a cloud" to "I'll set you free if you follow me" has a shift which was uncomfortable to my ears as soon as I heard it.
I agree but for me that was only really on the first listen, then after that it sounds really good. And seriously, the guitar melody behind the first part of the chorus is so sick. Listen to the melody behind when he sings ''the hope is still not gone, somewhere behind the clouds'', amazing. Also love the third chorus when there's only Anders, drums & lead guitar in the first part of the chorus, semi-acapella, IF usually don't do that at all.

But they said they had to work a lot with the arrangements on the title track so I'm not surprised people think it sounds weird. After the first chorus when the verse started again that sudden break also sounded really stupid at first.

Ok, I must admit that it's much better in higher quality

In Plain View 7.5/10 - best song on the album
Everything's gone 5/10 - Still not liking it in general, but the chorus kicks ass and vocals fit in it.
Paralyzed 7/10 - Best song from the slow ones. Nice riff, ok verse, chorus is epic.
Through Oblivion 5/10 - Contains only two melodies in its 3:40 runtime. That verse is just so lazy and boring, chorus is fine.
With Eyes Wide Open 2/10 - still nope. As I said before. Cheaper version of Liberation.
Siren Charms 1/10 - some of the songs grew up on me, this one went down. Half-done song without a single catchy melody.
When the world explodes 3/10 - ok, chorus isn't that bad - good female vocal, atmospheric electronics. But I just can't get over that verse with shitty riffs and awful screaming.
Rusted Nail 6/10 - strange. I was actually skipping this song a lot as I had listened to it before at least thousand times. But now it doesn't feel that bad. Great chorus, some nice riffs in the rest of the song (though the main riff is terrible).
Dead Eyes 4/10 - it contains some fine melodies. Riff is ok, middle part is actually fantastic (definitelly one of the album's highlights) chorus isn't that bad although it still feels like Nickelback :) But overall feeling of this song is just LAZY. So fucking slow it's painful to listen.
Monster in the ballroom 6.5/10 - This one propably grew the most. Opening riff feels much better than previously, verse is ok, chorus is catchy.
Filtered truth 7/10 - still the same. Simple, catchy, fast-paced song.

So there are 5 songs I like somehow and I feel like listening to them again in near future (In Plain View, Paralyzed, Rusted Nail, Monsters in the Ballroom, Filtered truth), altough it's still nothing miraculous and half of SoaPF outplays them easily.
Then 3 songs (Everything's gone, Through Oblivion, Dead Eyes), which aren't that bad, but they're still not good and I'm not tempted to listen to them again.
And then 3 songs (WEWO, title track, WtWE) which I see as complete shit :)

My overall rating would be 5/10. Better than my first impression, but still not a good album. It Just feels so lazy and half-done, I don't feel passion in it. Some good songs, some good melodies, but it's all fucked up by bad songwriting, shitty vocals and overall laziness I feel from it.

I don't expect my current view to change again. I feel like there's nothing left to explore in this album and I won't give it another spins. I'm just gonna stick with these 5 songs I listed above.

I still didn't give notes to the songs and I'm going to wait a little bit for this, but it's coming. I just need to know the songs perfectly to write about it, to me that's the right way to do it.

I need a few dozens spins.

I saw on the favorite song thread, Yagami says his favorite song now is Become The Sky.. Jerk, we didnt even hear that one :mad: