In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I guess this thing around 51s (if there is anything) is here on purpose. In an interview, Björn said something like "we are not machines, and we like the fact that when listening to our albums, you can hear it's actual humans playing the songs".

And also, Anders burning out is only partly due to hard working on this album, but this was not the only reason.

No I don't think so man. If De4Life,A88 or eochaid have it, they would definitely say something negative about it. But maybe you have it? :err: :D

Still searching for it. Be patience.

I found some people claiming to have the album 320 kbs, but it sounds the same as the previous leaks.

Cricket1.jpg

Best comment I've seen on their facebook page (still laughing)

"The cool thing about In Flames, is that if you listen to their discography in reverse, they become a legendary melo-death band"

Best comment I've seen on their facebook page (still laughing)

"The cool thing about In Flames, is that if you listen to their discography in reverse, they become a legendary melo-death band"

:D from pop-rock Nickelback wannabes to metal gods... a beautiful story.

Speaking of their FB page, they posted this a couple of days ago...

This is it! A week from now "Siren Charms" is released (US - September 9th) and it's time to let the world know! What started with Lunar Strain 20 years ago has now led all the way to Siren Charms, an album that represent what In Flames are today and what truly is the Black Ash Inheritance of the Gothenburg Sound. In Fans We Trust / IN FLAMES

:D

Speaking of their FB page, they posted this a couple of days ago...

:D

I think they could have reached SC without the previous ten albums. Sorry, I'm wrong, whithout the previous ten albums Bjorn couldn't have had (I don't know if that expresion is right) enough material to copy himself. And knowing that now Anders lives at Stockholm...

I just love that they tried to connect the Gothenburg Sound with Siren Charms. Literally nothing on SC has anything to do with the Gothenburg Sound. I don't necessarily mean that as a negative - SOAPF has nothing to do with it either but I still like the album a lot. It's a bit offensive for them to even try and evoke memories of the TJR era when promoting Siren Charms, like they're purposefully trying to troll the older fans :D

As I'm really really bored, I spent recent time counting how many different lines Anders had to write/learn for the songs that already have lyrics published.

These are the chilling results:

Trough Oblivion: 20 different lines
When the World Explodes: 17 lines
Rusted Nail: 18 lines
Filtered Truth: 18 lines.

And I thought that Bjorn was the lazy one.

I just love that they tried to connect the Gothenburg Sound with Siren Charms. Literally nothing on SC has anything to do with the Gothenburg Sound. I don't necessarily mean that as a negative - SOAPF has nothing to do with it either but I still like the album a lot. It's a bit offensive for them to even try and evoke memories of the TJR era when promoting Siren Charms, like they're purposefully trying to troll the older fans :D

You're talking about the guys who said that they don't change that much their sound. Also, the same guys that said to leave behind the verse-chorus-verse-chorus-solo-chorus because it was a formula well known for them and wanted to try something different.