In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I don't think they're aiming for a certain target group lol, and never do I think they have in the past either. They just make the music that makes them happy. And dude it's not THAAAAAAT different. SoAPF was also majority clean vocals, lets say it was 65/35 on soapf and now it's 80/20. There's several elements that reminds me on SOAPF. Sure it does sound a bit different but I doubt the newer fans after ASOP and/or SoAPF is going to dislike it lol. IF has grown bigger for each album and year, there's no chance they'll grow smaller unless they make a country album.

Country is not the worst thing they could do.

Also, for my part, as I said before, it's not about clean vocals, it's about, how should I say so yo do understand? SC vocals doesn't reach me (I don't know if you understand what I mean.)

As an example, first time I listened to A New Dawn, and the chorus, my heart was like beating faster. The same, believe it or not, with Ropes (I really really love that song). But it doesn't happen with the new songs.

Svářeč;10897942 said:
Plus I suppose majority of income from album sales goes to the record label. Same with merchandise.

As I remember, only about a 10% of every sold cd goes to the band (at least it used to be that way).

Nothing on Siren Charms is close to be as bad as Sleepless Again, The Chosen Pessimist or Drenched in Fear.

I like Sleepless Again. Except for Anders. But the guitar solo, especially the ending part, it's just brilliant. And I like Drenched In Fear, except for Anders. The chosen Pesimist could be a better song than it is. But I rather like any song from ASOP than from SC. Sorry man. It's a matter of what reaches you.

Svářeč;10897942 said:
Plus I suppose majority of income from album sales goes to the record label. Same with merchandise.

Yep for all bands that aren't huge that is true. You get advance from the label for the recording and stuff and then all the money you get from the album goes back to the label. And then imagine the album IF just recorded, it costed around 1million swedish crones, about 143k dollars. But I think IF will earn a a bit money from their record anyways. I don't know how much pure money they get from each sale but lets say they get 1dollar, then they only need 143k sold albums, and they will probably sell 15-20k in the first week (in the US) like they have in the past. Might not get the money back in the first year but still.

But they definitely couldn't make a living on only the record sales. But everyone in the band has sideprojects except for Daniel (of what I know). But I remember in the ASOP diaries that Daniel said he did some studying to be a teacher or something like that.

As I remember, only about a 10% of every sold cd goes to the band (at least it used to be that way).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was even less. I've read somewhere, that most of the contracts nowadays work that way that until label gets all the invested money back, band itself doesn't get anything.

krofius: Exactly, I wrote my reply before I read your post :)

The Chosen Pessimist is one of my favorite songs off of ASOP. That 1min outro is probably the best part of ASOP.

The only songs I like from ASoP now are Sleeples again, Delight & Angers, Move Through Me and March to the Shore. Plus the bonus tracks.

The Chossen Pessimist has nice outro and some nice melodies in overral, but I just can't stand listening to it through whole 8 minutes. So fucking long and boring.

I'm The Highway is also fucking great. Love the riffing and the chorus in that song. Sleepless again and Delight & Angers are probably the worst songs IMO. The Mirror's Truth is also great, the guitar melody in the chorus is really nice. Sober & Irrelevant is also great, awesome tremolo riff in the chorus.

:) Mirror's Truth and Sober & Irrelevant are worst songs from that album for me. I must admit I like Disconneted a little, but I just can't help but laugh everytime I hear that chorus :lol:

Other songs are just boring average.

Well it was surprising but Monsters In The Ballroom grew on me. First I didnt like that much the song but now its very good. Chorus is awesome.Intro kinda weird. It reminds me 80's music or a horror rock group song. Dont know which one yet, still trying to figure out.

LET US PLAY A GAMEEEEEEEEEEE:kickass:

I'm The Highway is also fucking great. Love the riffing and the chorus in that song. Sleepless again and Delight & Angers are probably the worst songs IMO. The Mirror's Truth is also great, the guitar melody in the chorus is really nice. Sober & Irrelevant is also great, awesome tremolo riff in the chorus.

Sober and Irrelevant is so good. One of the few songs I thing Anders is good. For me, worst songs Mirrors Truth, Move Through Me and March to the Shore. Also the album version of Abnegation (I found the original version far more interesting).

Svářeč;10897954 said:
:) Mirror's Truth and Sober & Irrelevant are worst songs from that album for me. I must admit I like Disconneted a little, but I just can't help but laugh everytime I hear that chorus :lol:

Other songs are just boring average.

For me, Disconnected is a very good song with a pussy singer.

Well it was surprising but Monsters In The Ballroom grew on me. First I didnt like that much the song but now its very good. Chorus is awesome.Intro kinda weird. It reminds me 80's music or a horror rock group song. Dont know which one yet, still trying to figure out.

LET US PLAY A GAMEEEEEEEEEEE:kickass:

Yesterday I felt like this song grew on me too but now it's boring again :) Riff and verse aren't bad but that slow chorus ruins it.

Actually, after listening to it for another day, Rusted Nail and Filtered Truth are the only songs I enjoy now.

Also the album version of Abnegation (I found the original version far more interesting).

Totally agree. I loved the demo version so I was so eager to hear the final version of the song. And oh God, it sucks so bad. Why the fuck did they change the chorus? It's perfection turned into shit.

Totally agree. I loved the demo version so I was so eager to hear the final version of the song. And oh God, it sucks so bad. Why the fuck did they change the chorus? It's perfection turned into shit.

Again I agree with you. The final album version... I just can't listen to that chorus.