In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Not sure if this was said before or not, but I get a Touch of Red main riff vibe from the main riff for Monsters in the Ballroom. The opening reminds me of Condemned, and then the STYE (specifically Touch of Red) kicks in. I'm not saying that's a bad or lazy thing, I just thought it was interesting.

I know, I can't share it, it sucks, I know. But I'm not a bad guy. So I have a few presents for you anyway, to ease the wait.

Sounds of a Playground Fading, LIVE:
http://speedy.sh/AUuh7/00-In-Flames-01-Sounds-Of-A-Playground-Fading.mp3

Deliver Us, LIVE:
http://speedy.sh/X5Asa/00-In-Flames-02-Deliver-Us.mp3

All For Me, LIVE:
http://speedy.sh/T87gG/00-In-Flames-03-All-For-Me.mp3

Fear is the Weakness, LIVE (this one is amazing):
http://speedy.sh/4M5tm/00-In-Flames-14-Fear-Is-The-Weakness.mp3

Darker Times, LIVE:
http://speedy.sh/5rUqc/00-In-Flames-17-Darker-Times.mp3

I re-did the equalisation and mastering of these to make them more enjoyable than before. The original file was quite weak and messy, it's better now. It's from their live in Moskow in 2011.

Aaaaand, their live at Malmö Arena from 2009. The full set, remastered by myself (it now has a great sound, not like the version you can hear on Krofius Youtube channel :D ). I re-did the equalisation completely, alongside a brand new mastering. Enjoy the fuck out of it as much as I do:
http://speedy.sh/3PYBz/In-Flames-Live-From-Malmo-Arena.rar

It's always a pleasure to listen Deliver Us! Man I love that song. Well I was expecting something different but this will do, for now anyway.. :D

Not sure if this was said before or not, but I get a Touch of Red main riff vibe from the main riff for Monsters in the Ballroom. The opening reminds me of Condemned, and then the STYE (specifically Touch of Red) kicks in. I'm not saying that's a bad or lazy thing, I just thought it was interesting.

Touch of Red's intro and end riff is insanely powerful.
MITB reminds me of it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Svářeč;10898406 said:
Still better than "My destinatiooon, My missiooon, my intuitioooon" :lol:

This was Anders reading 50 Shades of Gray.

But, if you read the lyrics to WTWE, there's a bunch of "brilliant" moments.

I'm really growing tired of this "walk with me I'll set you free" mesage that seems to be his theme now.

Svářeč you hypocrite! :D Liberation is one of your top 5 IF songs and you're complaining about the new ballads. New ones and Liberation is pretty similar songs.

While waiting for the bonus tracks to leak.

In Plain View (8): One of the better and more aggressive tracks on the regular version of the album. Intro reminds me of the Tron (2010) soundtrack. I've always liked In Flames use of synthesizers (Örjan Örnkloo, is it his work this time as well?). Nice drumming by Daniel and good performance by Anders. Great melodic part after the second chorus!

Everything's Gone (5): More death metal focused. I get a Sepultura vibe from this song in some parts, although the chorus is the highlight on this track really.

Paralyzed (10!): One of the best songs In Flames has put out in recent time, damn! First part of the song is quite calm which turns into a very epic chorus. Great guitars, great drumming. RtR-vibe on the synthesizers. The highlight here is the amazing performance by Anders! I like how every chorus sounds unique. There's some kind of echo effect on Anders vocals that works really well with this song. Song ends with a chorus going slower and slower until the song ends. Awesome track!

Through Oblivion (4): Good work with echo effects and synthesizers, that's the highlight on this track. Not the best song on the album but it works.

With Wide Eyes Open (7): More guitar based song. Also one of the better songs on the album. Good performance by Anders, nice guitar melodies. After the second chorus there's a great instrumental part that has In Flames written all over it, just before the last chorus kicks in. Song ends with a short but sweet melody.

Siren Charms (4): Not a favorite. There are some nice details in this song however, STYE-era synthesizers and some parts with nice guitar melodies in the background. Overall, in my opinion, a pretty bland song.

When the World Explodes (6): Quite unique song actually. I've always been a fan of female vocals in rock and metal. Anders also sings along in the chorus with a Peter Steel vibe to his vocals which is quite refreshing. The synthesizers in the chorus reminds me of Muse. I like Muse but if they fit In Flames, I don't know really. This is a song to love or hate I guess, it's a tough one in my opinion.

Rusted Nail (5): Weird song structure, almost like there are several songs stitched together. The part right after the first verse when Anders screams is the highlight in this song. Also the short synth-outro is really sweet.

Dead Eyes (4): Also not a favorite. However some nice guitar melodies and synthesizers in the verse which add to the atmosphere. Along with Siren Charms I think these songs won't be the ones I listen to first when I want to listen to this album.

Monsters in the Ballroom (5): I have a hard time to appreciate the chorus on this track, other than that it's a good and pretty aggressive track really.

Filtered Truth (7): A pretty straightforward song, good guitars and great effects used on Anders vocals and synthesizers shine as usual.

Album rating 6/10

If I add all the songs together this is what I get and I think that rating is pretty accurate to what I think of the album at the moment.

They've managed to make the album quite atmospheric in places by using different kinds of effects accompanied by awesome synthesizers. Siren Charms is certainly a new sounding In Flames. The album is neither great or terrible in my opinion. There are golden moments on this album for sure and songs like "Paralyzed" that is just WOW! But I also can't help to think they sound tired and uninspired sometimes, a taste I can't get out of my mouth unfortunately. In Flames albums post-CC tend to grow overtime and I think this one will as well.

Looking forward to "The Chase" and "Become the Sky". My expectations are high as these seems to be great tracks and In Flames tend to leave the best tracks as bonus tracks for some reason.

While waiting for the bonus tracks to leak.

In Plain View (8): One of the better and more aggressive tracks on the regular version of the album. Intro reminds me of the Tron (2010) soundtrack. I've always liked In Flames use of synthesizers (Örjan Örnkloo, is it his work this time as well?). Nice drumming by Daniel and good performance by Anders. Great melodic part after the second chorus!

Everything's Gone (5): More death metal focused. I get a Sepultura vibe from this song in some parts, although the chorus is the highlight on this track really.

Paralyzed (10!): One of the best songs In Flames has put out in recent time, damn! First part of the song is quite calm which turns into a very epic chorus. Great guitars, great drumming. RtR-vibe on the synthesizers. The highlight here is the amazing performance by Anders! I like how every chorus sounds unique. There's some kind of echo effect on Anders vocals that works really well with this song. Song ends with a chorus going slower and slower until the song ends. Awesome track!

Through Oblivion (4): Good work with echo effects and synthesizers, that's the highlight on this track. Not the best song on the album but it works.

With Wide Eyes Open (7): More guitar based song. Also one of the better songs on the album. Good performance by Anders, nice guitar melodies. After the second chorus there's a great instrumental part that has In Flames written all over it, just before the last chorus kicks in. Song ends with a short but sweet melody.

Siren Charms (4): Not a favorite. There are some nice details in this song however, STYE-era synthesizers and some parts with nice guitar melodies in the background. Overall, in my opinion, a pretty bland song.

When the World Explodes (6): Quite unique song actually. I've always been a fan of female vocals in rock and metal. Anders also sings along in the chorus with a Peter Steel vibe to his vocals which is quite refreshing. The synthesizers in the chorus reminds me of Muse. I like Muse but if they fit In Flames, I don't know really. This is a song to love or hate I guess, it's a tough one in my opinion.

Rusted Nail (5): Weird song structure, almost like there are several songs stitched together. The part right after the first verse when Anders screams is the highlight in this song. Also the short synth-outro is really sweet.

Dead Eyes (4): Also not a favorite. However some nice guitar melodies and synthesizers in the verse which add to the atmosphere. Along with Siren Charms I think these songs won't be the ones I listen to first when I want to listen to this album.

Monsters in the Ballroom (5): I have a hard time to appreciate the chorus on this track, other than that it's a good and pretty aggressive track really.

Filtered Truth (7): A pretty straightforward song, good guitars and great effects used on Anders vocals and synthesizers shine as usual.

Album rating 6/10

If I add all the songs together this is what I get and I think that rating is pretty accurate to what I think of the album at the moment.

They've managed to make the album quite atmospheric in places by using different kinds of effects accompanied by awesome synthesizers. Siren Charms is certainly a new sounding In Flames. The album is neither great or terrible in my opinion. There are golden moments on this album for sure and songs like "Paralyzed" that is just WOW! But I also can't help to think they sound tired and uninspired sometimes, a taste I can't get out of my mouth unfortunately. In Flames albums post-CC tend to grow overtime and I think this one will as well.

Looking forward to "The Chase" and "Become the Sky". My expectations are high as these seems to be great tracks and In Flames tend to leave the best tracks as bonus tracks for some reason.

I suggest keeping your förväntningar down as you seem to not enjoy the heavier tracks on the album as much. It is a very groovy song and quite resembling of Paralyzed in a way but... don't expect it to be the best song for you personally. It is a great, great song - my favorite, but tastes differ from person to person. You may dislike it - then again, you may not. We'll see.

Svářeč you hypocrite! :D Liberation is one of your top 5 IF songs and you're complaining about the new ballads. New ones and Liberation is pretty similar songs.

Liberation has fine music at least :) Honestly, as long as the music is good, I don't care about lyrics. As for Liberation, I've never searched them up. But yeah, I'm looking at them right now and some lines are pretty silly, I admit that. But music is excellent unlike these lazy ballads from SC like WEWO and Dead Eyes.

In the end, it's all about the music. If these SC songs were fine, I wouldn't care about their stupid lyrics.

And honestly, I can't really tell why I like Liberation so much while I dislike these new songs. It sounds similar yet so much different. Much more fresh, the acoustic riff is brilliant and that outro so sweet.

I'm mailing it to Anders' house!!

You guys are telling me, with all the music out there.. thousands and millions and kilotrillions of songs available you would willingly CHOOSE to listen to these atrocious songs 10 or 20 times each? WHAT THE FUCK!!!! :zombie:

You are crazy ass motherfuckers!!!