In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Very unusual video, it's like an animated comic. I don't see the comparison with nu-metal in the slightest. I would rather see they did for fun since they did the comics recently.

Very unusual video, it's like an animated comic. I don't see the comparison with nu-metal in the slightest. I would rather see they did for fun since they did the comics recently.

IF going maimstream. I'm sure it wasn't a decision from the record label. Nope, just jocking.

IF going maimstream. I'm sure it wasn't a decision from the record label. Nope, just jocking.

IF going mainstream? Wow, I'm sure you're the first one to notice that. They are going mainstream since 2000. (Yes included Clayman). I liked the video though. I always love this kinda videos. Different for In Flames. But I rather that they actually play in it. That would be good.

IF going mainstream? Wow, I'm sure you're the first one to notice that. They are going mainstream since 2000. (Yes included Clayman). I liked the video though. I always love this kinda videos. Different for In Flames. But I rather that they actually play in it. That would be good.

Well, obviously I'm not talking about metal mainstream. And Clayman was really far from being mainstream. But that is just my poor opinion.

I listened to All Hope Is Gone very much, and I like the - in terms of Slipknot quality- gay songs, like, I had Dead Memories on my mp3 for a looong time, but it's still shit quality compared to Vol 3. Vol 3. was just amazingly well-constructed, and the biggest problem that they were barely angry while making AHIG. People=Shit? Spit It Out? Everything Ends (gives me the chills ever since...), The Virus Of Life (such a sick song), and so much more. I take all the hate when I say that the death of Paul Gray did good for them inspiration wise. No, I don't wish nor happy for anyone's death just to make an awesome album, but it is what it is, 2 songs released already which could be put onto Iowa, and that's something I had never ever dreamt of. I expected them to reach back to Vol 3. which was not as crazy as Iowa, but nah, they went deeper.
I like AHIG for what it is, it's a decent album, and only falls short if you expected another Vol.3/Iowa, but I did not have the urge to ever listen to it again since the songs from it slowly but surely disappeared from my mp3.

As for Clayman, it1s definetly mainstream, I always bitch how can people call Clayman old IF. These people made me so heistant to listen to Clayman because I believed it's really like the old IF (I had not listen to many IF at the time, mind you, but I convicned myself I wouldn'T like it), and one day for some unknown reason I listened to it and I was like whaaaaaaaaat. I kept dancing and singing to most of the songs, I understood what Anders was singing, yes, singing, and even the growls and screams were mainstreamed a lot. The only thing that's old IF in that album is the cover, I hate it. So medieval.....

I never understood why IF made almost all their MVs into a generic 5 guys dubbing the song. So lame and uninteresting, with the rare exceptions of really fast-paced songs where those kind of MVs help you feel the energy.

edit: Eminem had a cartoonish MV too, so IF=white rap, confirmed, 2014 ultimatemetal forum. (50cent even had a game released about him, Slim Shady/50 cent/IF 2015 tour confirmed)

I listened to All Hope Is Gone very much, and I like the - in terms of Slipknot quality- gay songs, like, I had Dead Memories on my mp3 for a looong time, but it's still shit quality compared to Vol 3. Vol 3. was just amazingly well-constructed, and the biggest problem that they were barely angry while making AHIG. People=Shit? Spit It Out? Everything Ends (gives me the chills ever since...), The Virus Of Life (such a sick song), and so much more. I take all the hate when I say that the death of Paul Gray did good for them inspiration wise. No, I don't wish nor happy for anyone's death just to make an awesome album, but it is what it is, 2 songs released already which could be put onto Iowa, and that's something I had never ever dreamt of. I expected them to reach back to Vol 3. which was not as crazy as Iowa, but nah, they went deeper.
I like AHIG for what it is, it's a decent album, and only falls short if you expected another Vol.3/Iowa, but I did not have the urge to ever listen to it again since the songs from it slowly but surely disappeared from my mp3.

As for Clayman, it1s definetly mainstream, I always bitch how can people call Clayman old IF. These people made me so heistant to listen to Clayman because I believed it's really like the old IF (I had not listen to many IF at the time, mind you, but I convicned myself I wouldn'T like it), and one day for some unknown reason I listened to it and I was like whaaaaaaaaat. I kept dancing and singing to most of the songs, I understood what Anders was singing, yes, singing, and even the growls and screams were mainstreamed a lot. The only thing that's old IF in that album is the cover, I hate it. So medieval.....

)

First, I wonder how can name yourself openminded and then call something gay (that's our job guy, not yours). And you're forgetting about Gematria or All Hope Is Gone or BUtcher's Hook, etc.

As for the Clayman comment, I know you're joking so I won't waste my time arguing, except for one thing, the cover it's the Vitruvian Man from Leonardo Da Vinci.

I never understood why IF made almost all their MVs into a generic 5 guys dubbing the song. So lame and uninteresting, with the rare exceptions of really fast-paced songs where those kind of MVs help you feel the energy.

edit: Eminem had a cartoonish MV too, so IF=white rap, confirmed, 2014 ultimatemetal forum. (50cent even had a game released about him, Slim Shady/50 cent/IF 2015 tour confirmed)

I agree that Clayman is different enough that it's not old IF, but I don't think it's mainstream.

As for the music videos, that makes no sense. Soilwork and Linkin Park had cartoonish videos. All these artists have used guitars in their songs. Are all musical acts ever the same? I don't understand your comment here.

In today's edition of "list random underground review sites' review of Siren Charms":
5 out of 5: http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=12869
90%: http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/In_Flames/Siren_Charms/409154/Kritik/302958
2.5 out of 5 : http://newnoisemagazine.com/album-review-flames-siren-charms/

I hope the guys editing the wiki page will include these totally relevant and not biased review as well. By the time proper magazines and review sites have done with their reviews, the SC wiki page's review box could be full of shits like these :D
First, I wonder how can name yourself openminded and then call something gay (that's our job guy, not yours). And you're forgetting about Gematria or All Hope Is Gone or BUtcher's Hook, etc.

As for the Clayman comment, I know you're joking so I won't waste my time arguing, except for one thing, the cover it's the Vitruvian Man from Leonardo Da Vinci.
Oh I embrace it with an open mind, but that still doesn't change the fact it's the most watered down and weakest Slipknot album to date (more mature than their debut one, but that had so much energy). The songs you listed fall very short compared to their older material with a few exceptions. It's not an annoyingly bad album, it's just really nothing special and doesn't have anything going for it. Slipknot (album) was fast paced and all over the place, truly 8 madmen's work, Iowa was extreme and at many times artistic, while Vol 3. was a mature album that still incorporated or even upgraded upon old elements.
The two sons from 0.5 has the crazyness of Iowa with the catchyness of Vol 3. Definetly a godlike combination, I'm just not yet settled with the new drums.

I'm mainly not joking. Clayman is very different from their previous work, but arguing about whether it's mainstream or not is pointless, because as that reviewer guy said: mainstream is being thrown around so much that it's lost a lot from it's original meaning. OFTW and Suburban Me could pretty much appear in any of their later albums, and even the rest of the songs are struggling to keep that really heavy IF style they had. Clayman's or Pinball Map's chorus comes to mind now. The album is shouting changes all over the place, and as I once quoted Anders, they hated the record session because their studio just could not handle their vision, arguements broke out (not between members) and so on.

And I know the symbol, but the quality is still shit. With the exception of STYE (which is boring) the newer albums have really nice artworks, TJR is good, Whoracle's I dig a lot, Colony has beautiful red colors but the font ruins it, and Clayman just combines the stupid font and paint-quality background.
As for the music videos, that makes no sense. Soilwork and Linkin Park had cartoonish videos. All these artists have used guitars in their songs. Are all musical acts ever the same? I don't understand your comment here.
Yes, I was parodying the sentiment that cartoonish MV = nu metal.

Pink Floyd had an album, I think it was named The Door or The Pavement, not sure, that album wasn't really anything big, but it had a movie accomapnying it with tons of drawn elements. Oh yeah, they made a Korn tribute on that album covering Another Brick In The Wall. Wasn't as good as the original, but covers man, don't expect much!

Holy shit The Chase is great.

The production from what I heard isn't the best. But I think it's the perfect blend of melodic vocals, non-whiny/crying cleans, hard screams and great catchy chorus with a sick melody to it. I really dig the chorus: "RIGHT WHERE I BELONG... A LIFE THAT WAS MEANT TO BE" Those lines in the chorus really hook well and sound awesome to my ears, really can get into it.

Really fucking good song. The Chase is how I feel In Flames in 2014 should sound like. Too bad the rest of the album is shit.

Pink Floyd had an album, I think it was named The Door or The Pavement, not sure, that album wasn't really anything big, but it had a movie accomapnying it with tons of drawn elements. Oh yeah, they made a Korn tribute on that album covering Another Brick In The Wall. Wasn't as good as the original, but covers man, don't expect much!

F**ing God, now I know that you're really jocking.

Edit: are you really 22 or just trying to look mature?