In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I imagine people who only listen to strictly brutal death metal are some seriously boring ass people. I'm not joking.
A lot of those people do that for really superficial reasons, like to prove that they're so tough they can only listen to heavy music, or "anything that's catchy is shit!".

I almost completely disagree with saying R2R was/is the diving line (yes, DT reference). To me, there is no straight line. Each album is pretty different. I really think most people just use R2R as the start of new IF because that's what most fans hated at the time. I heard about IF in 2006 so I'm not sure of people's reactions to all their albums, but I know they got shit for Whoracle. I still maintain that Clayman is more different. I might get a lot of shit for this, but I kinda feel like SC is close to Clayman in the sense that there are more slower songs and a lot more spoken/whispered/mumbled parts than other alvums. But SC is done on a much, much, much lower level. Maybe I'm wrong. I might need to listen to both back to back. Also, it's late here. If I'm wrong, please don't bashe for it, just give me examples as to why.

I imagine people who only listen to strictly brutal death metal are some seriously boring ass people. I'm not joking.
A lot of those people do that for really superficial reasons, like to prove that they're so tough they can only listen to heavy music, or "anything that's catchy is shit!".

Well I have a friend who changes music taste like every year. Like 7 years ago he started listening to Slipknot a lot, then 2years later he started listening to mostly brutal/technical DM such as Nile, Behemoth, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hour of Penance, and other ones. And then a bit dubstep as well around 2010/2011 when it became so big. And then since like early 2013 he started listening to BM and now he only listens to avant-garde & atmospheric BM. I think it fucking sucks, most of the music purposely has SHIT production so you can't really hear what is being played literally.

I'm yet to get tired of melodeath after 7-8 years, haven't gotten tired at all of it so far, but I do listen to some other types of metal like Gojira & Ensiferum as well.

CC and such extreme music does seem quite juvenile, but then, it's just not my type of music. My tastes are very different. I don't really like death metal at all - melodic death is the closest I've really gotten to the genre. Even with Carcass, for example, I only like Heartwork and Swansong.

I need gay melodies in my music :D

+1

Well I have a friend who changes music taste like every year. Like 7 years ago he started listening to Slipknot a lot, then 2years later he started listening to mostly brutal/technical DM such as Nile, Behemoth, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hour of Penance, and other ones. And then a bit dubstep as well around 2010/2011 when it became so big. And then since like early 2013 he started listening to BM and now he only listens to avant-garde & atmospheric BM. I think it fucking sucks, most of the music purposely has SHIT production so you can't really hear what is being played literally.

I'm yet to get tired of melodeath after 7-8 years, haven't gotten tired at all of it so far, but I do listen to some other types of metal like Gojira & Ensiferum as well.

Yes but do you listen to it strictly only? I used to listen to MDM all the time and it got boring. I still love it and still listen to it but I needed to expand.

Yes but do you listen to it strictly only? I used to listen to MDM all the time and it got boring. I still love it and still listen to it but I needed to expand.

Mostly, yes. But the thing is they have very varying styles even though they all play in the same genre so that's why I don't get bored I guess.

MDM-ish bands I listen to daily In Flames, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, CoB, Neaera, Be'Lakor, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Sacrilege, Soilwork, King of Asgaard and Scar Symmetry.

But I also love Gojira, Mastodon and Ensiferum that I also listen to a lot, as well as some other stuff. I mean I really enjoy Folk Metal but I actually only really listen to Ensiferum, I know there are other great ones as well but I spend most my time listening to MDM so I wouldn't have time listening to a bunch of folk bands. Also like some trance, but only listen to it casually and not on my iPod.

But it's 85% metal and the rest 15% is other genres of music. I doubt I'll get tired of metal anytime soon, there is so many different subgenres to listen to anyway if I get tired of one.

Mostly, yes. But the thing is they have very varying styles even though they all play in the same genre so that's why I don't get bored I guess.

MDM-ish bands I listen to daily In Flames, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, CoB, Neaera, Be'Lakor, Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Sacrilege, Soilwork, King of Asgaard and Scar Symmetry.

But I also love Gojira, Mastodon and Ensiferum that I also listen to a lot, as well as some other stuff. I mean I really enjoy Folk Metal but I actually only really listen to Ensiferum, I know there are other great ones as well but I spend most my time listening to MDM so I wouldn't have time listening to a bunch of folk bands. Also like some trance, but only listen to it casually and not on my iPod.

But it's 85% metal and the rest 15% is other genres of music. I doubt I'll get tired of metal anytime soon, there is so many different subgenres to listen to anyway if I get tired of one.

As there are good metal bands doing good metal music, for me, it seems imposible even thinking about being tired about metal. But there is always dark times when nothing new seems to come and the old genres are wasted. And, when you start to desperate about listening to something that makes you feel excited about, always comes a fresh explosion, like when MDM came.

But, as I said before, it's not a matter that I loike metal the most, it's a matter that the bands who make music that I really enjoy do metal.

Why can't they just make good metal songs like ... Delight and Angers

:D

I was saying that most peoples' complaints about newer IF are pleads for them to make something on the level of anything anywhere between Jester Race and Clayman. I'm just generalizing but that is the main era people consider "real" In Flames. And the albums most heavy metal fans really enjoy the most.

If they made another album of similar quality to SOAPF I'd be perfectly happy with that.

The "stop asking for another Jester Race!!" argument followed by "all bands evolve so just accept the change" mantra is just a lazy way of overlooking the real reasons most people think SC is poor.

Yes, there are some fans who want another Jester Race/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman... but they are in the minority, imo. Most fans who still genuinely follow the band just want good guitar melodies and powerful tracks. SC is probably the slowest, most radio-rock friendly album In Flames have ever made. It often straddles the line between rock and metal entirely.

Change, in pro-N'Flaymer arguments, always seems to be viewed as a positive - basically no change In Flames make to their music can ever be bad. This is nonsense and the argument is as lazy as the album they are defending. Change is not always a good thing.

Fan, du har inte lust att dra på Skype och lira lite Amon och In Flames över skype med gurorna någon gång? :3

Become the Sky is starting to grow on me a little. I like the riffs, chorus is gay but catchy. Some of Anders' screams sound good, and I like that he alternates between singing/screaming like he did on SOAPF.

True. I just needed something a little more chill than that though, despite the variety, you know? I still love a lot of these bands.

I've also yet to see a person tackle peoples' criticism without saying something cliche as BANDS CHANGE or just simply dismissing their comment as just unwarranted "hating"... These people are just being lazy and not actually putting into effort to try to understand why people are unhappy with it... Instead, they're just crying because they see negativity in a post when they should be trying to interpret it

Those are not lazy, those are fanboys who will just admit everything a band releases without a single bit of criticism. They're the AntiHaterArmy.

Those are not lazy, those are fanboys who will just admit everything a band releases without a single bit of criticism. They're the AntiHaterArmy.

Lame, once again, criticism vs being a dick.
stating opinions as facts.

This is not criticism.

I don't like ASOP, so tell me how am I a fanboy?

Interesting. So what makes a people who criticism that everything bands do, calling band nu-metal cause of a music video, criticism entire album cause of 2 bad singles? Cause I just described you, I guess you're the "HaterArmy" huh?

Received the physical CD toady. Does anyone else feel like the volume is just too low? One song was more normal, somewhere in the middle of the album. Put in SOAPF and then SC and there is a huge difference.

Received the physical CD toady. Does anyone else feel like the volume is just too low? One song was more normal, somewhere in the middle of the album. Put in SOAPF and then SC and there is a huge difference.

Look at their Facebook page, a LOT of people in the comments are complaining about this