In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Received the physical CD toady. Does anyone else feel like the volume is just too low? One song was more normal, somewhere in the middle of the album. Put in SOAPF and then SC and there is a huge difference.

It is. I said this a few days ago too. The volume is literally half of everything else. The title track is the song that is at normal volume.

Look at their Facebook page, a LOT of people in the comments are complaining about this

Really? That's crazy. How the fuck does something like this happen? And how are the leaks better quality? Am I seriously going to have to download a leak instead of using the CD?

Really? That's crazy. How the fuck does something like this happen? And how are the leaks better quality? Am I seriously going to have to download a leak instead of using the CD?

It's interesting when you also consider Yagami suggesting mistakes were left in the tracks (albeit ones you can't hear).

Whole process seems to have been rushed and put together badly. Production is one of the things In Flames usually gets spot on - maybe they should have stuck to studios they know.

Lame, once again, criticism vs being a dick.
stating opinions as facts.

This is not criticism.

I don't like ASOP, so tell me how am I a fanboy?

Who is talking about you? Please, read the post I was replying to and then think about what you just said.

Interesting. So what makes a people who criticism that everything bands do, calling band nu-metal cause of a music video, criticism entire album cause of 2 bad singles? Cause I just described you, I guess you're the "HaterArmy" huh?

Please, stop saying bullshit. Tell me when I critiziced everything they did? I don't call the band nu metal, I call the song nu metal. I don't critizise the album because of the singles, I critizise the album beause I don't like it. I f you think you described me then you've got a problem, or you don't read the full posts, including the one I was answering, or you just don't wanna comprehend what is writen on them.

An, if talking to fanboys you felt referred to then you should start to think how is your aproach to the music the band makes.

I know you don't like my atitude towards the new album. Maybe you're one of those who thinks that people should only talk good about what a band does. Maybe you're a fanboy, but that's your problem not mine.

Edit: now that I have some free time, let me say this clear.

If I have something to tell you, I will say it directly, opposite to what you did in a previous post. I don't like twisted ways of saying things.

Yes exit only. The band is dead. Face it. They had to "Reroute" in order to "Remain" or so they thought. So sad.

Anyway, I am listening to the new Maroon 5 album. This is an evolution and progress. Still sticks to their roots but adds some new elements but nothing drastic. Much better than the new In Flames album. (Not "trolling" whatever that means, but I take it to mean just posting to get people angry or excited).

Anyway, I am listening to the new Maroon 5 album. This is an evolution and progress. Still sticks to their roots but adds some new elements but nothing drastic. Much better than the new In Flames album. (Not "trolling" whatever that means, but I take it to mean just posting to get people angry or excited).

LOL

Yes exit only. The band is dead. Face it. They had to "Reroute" in order to "Remain" or so they thought. So sad.

Yeah Maroon 5 is a really good band that always has had an original style, the new album is great.

Taken from their wikipedia:
Adam Levine has stated: "[E]verything that's written and performed and put together pretty much comes from us. I just think people would be surprised to know that we’re a self-contained unit. We’re a band that does their own thing. There’s no puppet master."[62]

However, in an article about the songwriter and producer Benny Blanco, subtitled "Benny Blanco, Hit Maker for Rihanna and Maroon 5", it is revealed that at least some of the band's songs, such as "Moves Like Jagger," are the product of efforts by, or collaborations with, professional songwriters and producers.[63] In the same article, Adam Levine is quoted as saying: "It's almost as if [Benny Blanco] has the Midas touch in putting the right people together at the right time to create a musical moment. He's about the collaboration. And he’s so good at nailing down who does everything best."[citation needed]

The band's sound changes from album to album. Songs About Jane consists of songs about Levine's ex-girlfriend Jane. On It Won't Be Soon Before Long, however, the songs are less personal and are more electric with more use of synthesizers, creating a retro feel.[64] Hands All Over continues the band's lost love theme, along with songs about infatuation and was re-released in 2011, with the hit single "Moves like Jagger", an electropop song which represents a drastic change in the band's sound, with more of a dance feel to it. "It was one of those songs that was definitely a risk," Levine said. "It's a bold statement. We've never really released a song like that. But it's exciting to do something different, do something new. I'm just glad that everyone likes it.".[66] James Valentine called the Overexposed album "our most 'pop' record ever and we weren’t shy about really going for it."[67]

Love bands that writes all their own songs and doesn't change or tweak their sound between albums. They are far and in-between, but Maroon 5 is certainly one of them.

Maroon 5 :D ffs.

Anyway, is Become the Sky about suicide? Trying to work out what the lyrics mean...

They aren't Anders' best. Very simple for the most part - sometimes only one word per line :D SOAPF had better lyrics. A few good lines on SC though.

After listening for almost 20 times, I think I'm ready for the final ratings.

Subjective raing: 3. I don't like the new album.

Objective rating: (how can anybody be totally objective? I don't know, so don't make bad blood on me) 6.

Effort rating: here I'm gonna divide in two. First, as for the music I give it a 2. As for the vocals I give it an 8. I don't like Anders vocals and I don't think hi did his best as for the melodies, but I can apreciate that he tried.

Evolution: I don't know how can this be even discused, since it's a matter of personal feelings. Even we, as persons, won't evolve in the same way, so this I won't discuss.

Matureness: the same as before, I don't know how someone can say if something is more or less mature, except in case you talk about dragons in your previous album and then you start to talk about your family and friends. And this is for Vocals, but I don't know how to rate the music as less or more mature.

Music quality: I'm not musicioan so I'm not someone to objectively judge. Personally I think the quallity droped from their past albums. So I will say 5.

Production: Again, I'm not a producer not a song engineer so I won't judge it objectively. Personally, I don't like the sound that much, sometimes it feels weird and sometimes it looks that they didn't know which "instrument" was the basis for the sounf (I will explain later). I will say 5.

As for the songs. I won't rate them. When I have the time, I will talk about them all but from a subjective way, I'm not as arrogant as to talk about my feelings as if I'm preaching.

Play it loudly. Way too much high-end. It's awful mixing.

After listening to the album twice I can unequivocally state that it is a pile of junk. I even went back and listened to SOAPF for the first time in a while, after Clayman shit his pants and yelled at me in the other thread (I wonder which came first, the pants shitting or the yelling?). SOAPF is still an awful album for a band of In Flames caliber but it is way fucking better than Siren Charms. God Damn this is a horrible record.

I like it when bands stick to their roots. You can still stick to your roots and evolve/progress at the same time. Many bands do/have done it: Nevermore, At The Gates, Threshold, Decapitation, Lunar Aurora, Omnium Gatherum (to name a few from various genres). So the argument that 'bands change and that's that' does not hold. There was a recent interview with Bravewords/ATG and Tompa put it nicely:

BraveWords: So how would you describe this album to fans that are chomping at the bit to hear this!

Anders: “It lands in some kind of familiarity with the old At The Gates, with a fresh costume.”

Tomas: “When Anders says it is a fresh costume, it’s not like it’s nu-metal. There’s no cleaning singing on the album.”

BraveWords: The production is sick. Talk about working with Fredrik Nordström at Studio Fredman (In Flames, Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir) and then with Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios (Opeth, Amon Amarth, Kreator)

Tomas: “We were very meticulous. Me and Anders were actually finished with the whole writing process - music and lyrics - in January. It was just details from then on and we went into he studio in June, so you can imagine what kind of detail went on for that long. But I would say for the money grab thing - I’m still holding onto that question - it would be easy to do another Slaughter Of The Soul, but have a little bit more melody on the choruses. That would be a money grab, right? It’s darker, almost more evil. The heavier parts are heavier, the faster parts are faster.

I mean that speaks for itself. Any bands with an ounce of integrity would say the same thing and everyone here knows it.

The interviewer also asked Tompa a great question and one I have been pondering for a while now: he asked whether the band was trying to make an album at least as good as Surgical Steel (which is probably the best extreme metal record of the past 2 or maybe 3 years). And you know what he said? His answer floored me. Here is the exchange:

BraveWords: Of course you are fans of this genre as well, so were you paying attention to the Carcass record? The Black Sabbath record? I can see it in your faces that you knew this had to be as good as the Carcass record. Right? Artistic failure was not an option…

Anders: “Our aim was higher.”

How fucking awesome is that to hear? Bands that still have competitive juices flowing. Can you imagine how hard they must have worked to TOP SS? Even better is the fact that they want to! So much better for everyone when there's competition. Bands progress as musicians and writers (WHILE sticking to their sound) and fans get rewarded with better music.

Some of the extreme metal works quite well live. Cannibal Corpse sounded shit, but when I saw Carcass live they were fantastic the whole way through. I still wouldn't listen to any of their death metal albums, but the songs definitely worked well in a live setting.

Other than Claypants shitting himself in his posts, and Vanilla syrup promoting another atrocious band in Soilwork, this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've read in this topic...all 70+ pages. Throw in the other dude you were responding to who said that extreme metal is "childish"...? In reverse order: I've never heard that argument. Childish how? Because of the vocals I presume? Uh well Go listen to pre-Clayman IF. Those are extreme metal vocals, not far off at all from Jeff Walker or even Chris Barns. The main differentiations comes in pitch and register. So, that notion is completely, well, insane I guess is the best word. Extreme metal is home to the best musicians in the heavy metal genre. So, you're missing out on some great musicianship and music.

Next, to the above quoted. How in the world does it make sense to enjoy a band in the live setting and say you won't go listen to their studio output? Again, I've never heard someone express that concept. You like them, but you won't listen to them? Very weird. In case you didn't know, Carcass absolutely destroys In Flames in every way possible. Better guitarists, drumming, songwriting, oh and...more integrity. I mean seriously, just see for yourself. Play the two songs back to back. One is objectively better than the other. Go on, play them...

Last edited by a moderator: