In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Filtered Truth

Beginning sounds like a HIM song, vocals and all. Anders vocals don't fit with the instruments behind him in the verses at all, which has been a consistent theme of almost all the songs released/leaked so far.

Same cookie-cutter chorus as is on all the other songs, too. The solo 3/4 through the song is about as predictable as Dragonforce.

It's a really flat song. There's just nothing there. Even the guitar melodies are inexplicably buried and barely audible over the otherwise boring riffs. It's almost impossible to believe this is the same band that wrote albums like Colony and Clayman.

Oh, and Anders look like a fucking douche in that Through Oblivion video.

Opeth and In Flames tour sounds killer, even though I'm not sold on IF's live show of late (Y U NO PLAY A NEW DAWN???)

Opeth on the other hand are in my top 5 bands at the moment, and Pale Communion is shaping up to be an amazing release. Stunning on stage too.

Also have you heard??

In Flames and PAPA ROACH European tour

Just downloaded Filtered Truth. Well I must say it's pretty good for me. I like the guitar work, esp. i love the riff at 0:37- 0:44. Solo is average but best from what I heard from Siren Charms. Rusted Nail's solo was so bad and I don't like the Everything's Gone solo. 7/10 for Filtered Truth.

Beginning sounds like a HIM song, vocals and all.

:lol:

So true. HIM song. My God!

Anders vocals don't fit with the instruments behind him in the verses at all, which has been a consistent theme of almost all the songs released/leaked so far.

100% agree. It's just...weird.. 0 (good verses)/4 so far.

Same cookie-cutter chorus as is on all the other songs, too.

Chorus sounds ASOP-ish to me. Verse has some ASOP ripoff riff as well.

The solo 3/4 through the song is about as predictable as Dragonforce.

Begins like 90% of solos Bjorn wrote for SOAPF and SC, then turns into average happy sounding pop-rock band solo. Still, best SC solo so far.

There is one good riff (wow, rare thing for IF these days). Unfortunately they use it like 3 times for a few seconds only.

Song structure is predictable (standard 3 minute radio friendly song), but at least it's not badly composed as Rusted Nail.

And what's with electro-farting in the end!?

It's almost impossible to believe this is the same band that wrote albums like Colony and Clayman.

They should change the name. It's like Cannibal Corps gone power metal.

So far... I think i like this song the most. It's not annoying mediocre chaos like RN, it's not 100% average pop like Through Oblivion, it's not a bad song with good chorus like EG. This is some 6.5/10 material gents.

I'm getting so optimistic about new album now...

Filtered Truth is awesome by the way. First verse is very weird vocal wise, but the riffs and melodies are fucking awesome, and so is the chorus. Best song so far and some good nostalgic mumble-talk moments as well. Seems like he's bringing back more of that on SC, that's great. I don't see why someone would think the solo is bad by IF standards, it's very good and one of the better ones I've heard in a while. Predictable my ass, doesn't really sound like the more common IF solos.

I second ciko_gfb's statement that the melodic riff at 0:37-0:44 is awesome. Reminds me of a riff from some older IF song but just can't remember which song. The

And de4life don't know what headphones or speakers you have but the melodies and harmonies are perfectly audible. Very good production, you can hear everything very clear. I really like the atmospheric keyboard sound in the chorus.

After 5 listens the song is so much better. That's a damn solid chorus, and A88 maybe you should listen more to ASOP because that chorus doesn't sound like something off of ASOP, nor does the riff in the verses lol. When the fuck did IF have a AC/DC riff on any song on ASOP, or even in any song previously?

By the way guys found this: vk(.)com/wall-7425815_585744?reply=585783
You can hear Everything's Gone in studio quality and 30sec previews on all songs on the album on the ''Siren Charms preview''
Paralyzed sounds fucking AWESOME. The ballad With Eyes Wide Open also sounds really nice. Siren Charms also sounds good, didn't get a glimpse of the chorus though. Seems like they skipped When the World Explodes though for some reason. Dead Eyes sounded like another ballad-like song but that one didn't sound anywhere as good as With Eyes Wide Open.

EDIT: Didn't skip any songs, Siren Charms is the one I thought sounded fucking awesome with that chorus ''Hope is still not gone somewhere behind the clouds'' Parts of the acoustic riff in With Eyes Wide Open somewhat reminded me off The Jesters Dance.

Thanks Krofius, good find.

Must every song have that part when everything goes silent, only drums and bass remain, and Anders sings some shitty verse over that?

I like Paralyzed riff, some parts from WEWO and WtWE. On the other hand, I hate most of the vocals and the fact that there are a number of songs that remind me of pop versions of songs from STYE and ASOP (damn...).

On positive side, production sounds great. Nailed it this time.

Must every song have that part when everything goes silent, only drums and bass remain, and Anders sings some shitty verse over that?

Every song?

Not In Plain View, not Everything's Gone, not Through Oblivion, not With Eyes Wide Open, not When the World Explodes, not Rusted Nail, not Dead Eyes, not Monsters in the Ballroom, and not Filtered Truth.

You are welcome, I hope you feel better now.

You're right, maybe not. Sounded better than the radio rip though.

Also guys don't forget that there's two bonus tracks. I don't remember who but someone said it was 2 of the stronger(strongest?) songs on the album, and that I think Become the Sky had a very good ''melodic death metal'' like riff, we'll see. But I think they were described as two more faster and aggressive songs overall anyway.

By the way guys found this: vk(.)com/wall-7425815_585744?reply=585783
You can hear Everything's Gone in studio quality and 30sec previews on all songs on the album on the ''Siren Charms preview''
Paralyzed sounds fucking AWESOME. The ballad With Eyes Wide Open also sounds really nice. Siren Charms also sounds good, didn't get a glimpse of the chorus though. Seems like they skipped When the World Explodes though for some reason. Dead Eyes sounded like another ballad-like song but that one didn't sound anywhere as good as With Eyes Wide Open.

EDIT: Didn't skip any songs, Siren Charms is the one I thought sounded fucking awesome with that chorus ''Hope is still not gone somewhere behind the clouds'' Parts of the acoustic riff in With Eyes Wide Open somewhat reminded me off The Jesters Dance.

Hey guys. how do i fix so the link is working? (fucking rookie:D) haha.
Btw thought filtered truth is far the best of what ive heard from this albums so far. If we talk songs by its (whole).