In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Only For The Weak pro-shot

When Anders' voice is on he still does kill it live. No doubt about that :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
he sounds awful and looks like fred durst. maybe, actually, he's balding and is insecure about it, so he wears the hat. the same thing happened to warrel dane (sorry wd if you read this :)) anyone know if anders is losing his hair?

that has to be one of the worst performances of this song i've ever seen. and again anders sounds horrible. not sure how you can say his voice is 'on' in that clip...

he sounds awful and looks like fred durst. maybe, actually, he's balding and is insecure about it, so he wears the hat. the same thing happened to warrel dane (sorry wd if you read this :)) anyone know if anders is losing his hair?

that has to be one of the worst performances of this song i've ever seen. and again anders sounds horrible. not sure how you can say his voice is 'on' in that clip...

For him, his screams and gutturals in the video are at least aggressive in a metal sense.

What's a "good" performance live of this song? The 2004 dvd performances were really good. The screams he did in the Rock am Ring 2006 performance were good as well. This isn't bad, especially since his cleans are sung more in a rock-music style in this particular video. His screams and attempts at growling throughout the performance sound rather good although they're abrupt.

OFTW sounded OK in the 2000/2001 videos. Since then kinda lame on most shows. I don't understand why they crank the synth up to high, it isn't like that on the album.

To get the crowd a'jumpin up'n'down yo.

Ya the only real 'good' performances of this song (so impossible easy to sing over) were from the Clayman tour. I know because I was there. But even then he ran a bunch of effects through is voice.

yea, i just bought this album and am happy with it, good album, i like anders clean vocals , i also own asop and love that too

To get the crowd a'jumpin up'n'down yo.

Ya the only real 'good' performances of this song (so impossible easy to sing over) were from the Clayman tour. I know because I was there. But even then he ran a bunch of effects through is voice.

He didn't run any affects through his voice, I don't know where people get that.

Also it's possible they replaced the synth part with a new one. They did for Embody The Invisible, and as much as I like the original synth lines from the album, the new ones make the live performance sound really epic.

The gig at Hovet yesterday was fucking awesome. When the World Explodes was really good live, was kinda cool, at the electronic break thing, everyone but Anders & Emilia left the stage and they had a kind of a duet thing for the remainder of the song.

Only For the Weak was pretty fun as well, Anders was about to take a guy up on stage and then suddenly an iPhone got thrown up on stage lol, so they had to bring that guy up instead. And he did vocals on the last chorus as well and he was actually pretty good.

I'm no big fan of Papa Roach really, but they were actually good live. The singer randomly jumped down into the crown and ran past me and then ran up the stairs where the seats are and randomly sat down next to someone and sat there and sang for like 30seconds lol.

Everything's Gone was also sick live, much better than on record. The double-bass drums sounded sick, you felt the kicks in your stomach. Rusted Nail also, was very good live.

Don't really know what song I liked the most but the songs that everyone went most crazy to was probably Trigger, Deliver Us, Fear is the Weakness & Take This life. Resin was also great to hear live. Can't wait to see some clips later on the DVD next year.

Here's a pretty good clip of Resin

[youtube]OQEj-R7v5zE&[/youtube]

dvd will probably suck.

Playing WAY too many post 2008 songs.

too bad someone can't take over the best IF music and play it while ASOP and on can do what they wanna do

Anders is a control freak and controls the music and the setlists and the direction of the music (which is odd because he is a front man, not a musician in the instrumental sense). I have a feeling Bjorn is scared of Anders and his beard/glasses. If Engelin and Bjorn really worked together I bet they could make a killer album (as long as Bjorn wasn't "lazy"....his own words...)

Anders is a control freak and controls the music and the setlists and the direction of the music (which is odd because he is a front man, not a musician in the instrumental sense). I have a feeling Bjorn is scared of Anders and his beard/glasses. If Engelin and Bjorn really worked together I bet they could make a killer album (as long as Bjorn wasn't "lazy"....his own words...)
I think Anders might be illuminati and working for the aliens. Björn tried to contact the feds, but Anders was one step ahead of him and derailed Björn's calls to himself. Björn obviously acted surprised, and Anders knew what was going on. I think that's the real reason why Jesper left; Anders threatened his life, and it was either leave or stay in fear. Engel came for the money, but secretly hates Anders, though not the aliens - he might be torn between them. Daniel is probably drugged by Anders, that's why he has not spoken up for himself.

I mean, I met the guy for a minute, but this is the most plausible explanation.

Yay! First one was 50% STYE, second one 50% SC/ASOP.

At least STYE sounded decent live... ASOP sounds as bad live as on CD, and SC is going to be the same.

Why could they not have released a live DVD after SOAPF? :(

I think Anders might be illuminati and working for the aliens. Björn tried to contact the feds, but Anders was one step ahead of him and derailed Björn's calls to himself. Björn obviously acted surprised, and Anders knew what was going on. I think that's the real reason why Jesper left; Anders threatened his life, and it was either leave or stay in fear. Engel came for the money, but secretly hates Anders, though not the aliens - he might be torn between them. Daniel is probably drugged by Anders, that's why he has not spoken up for himself.

I mean, I met the guy for a minute, but this is the most plausible explanation.

Hahaha perfect

At least STYE sounded decent live... ASOP sounds as bad live as on CD, and SC is going to be the same.

Why could they not have released a live DVD after SOAPF? :(

Just think of Metallica recording DVD with 75% content from Death Magnetic, St. Anger and Reaload. :loco:

"Lars Ulrich said: "Crowd just doesn't move when we play Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning like they do when we blast Slither and Frantic". His colleague Kirk Hammett pointed out that new songs sound much better live as it is impossible to play solos and twin guitar harmonies in live environment. James Hatfield was also very happy with the setlist as he could finally show full potential of his voice by "singing, not just screaming over fast riffs."