Mentality of a beginning metalhead.

It's weird that she's changed, I always thought that they put absolute assholes on these series to get viewers like myself who love to hate these types but maybe she really is like that IRL which makes her even more outlandish.

That's asinine.

Do you create electronic music? Do you create metal music? Can you compare the effort/talent/time that goes into both? Somehow I doubt it.
I've created both electronic music (an ambient EP and two dubstep EPs) as well as metal music (four black metal albums I have been sitting on for eight years but have yet to record because I wrote beyond my, frankly terrible guitar ability) and I can say it is equally hard to create either.

I'm proud of my ambient music, but my dubstep is mixed very poorly. Compositonally it's alright, but the production is crap. Thin and tinny, and I used nowhere near enough compression.

Reactions: CiG
It's weird that she's changed, I always thought that they put absolute assholes on these series to get viewers like myself who love to hate these types but maybe she really is like that IRL which makes her even more outlandish.

She's an immature attention seeker who adjusts her behaviour according to what she thinks she needs to do to triumph against more deserving people. I feel sorry for her partner hahaha.

Reactions: JontRevolting
I've created both electronic music (an ambient EP and two dubstep EPs) as well as metal music (four black metal albums I have been sitting on for eight years but have yet to record because I wrote beyond my, frankly terrible guitar ability) and I can say it is equally hard to create either.

I'm proud of my ambient music, but my dubstep is mixed very poorly. Compositonally it's alright, but the production is crap. Thin and tinny, and I used nowhere near enough compression.

This is what I'm saying. I'm a metal elitist and all but opinions like the one expressed that made us say this stuff just gets to me.

I'd love to hear your stuff some day btw man.

I remember I used to be a big fan of the punk scene but what turned me off is that everyone was so more punk than thou. Like I'm so much cooler than you because I'm wearing a t-shirt of some obscure band that no one's ever heard of

I remember I used to be a big fan of the punk scene but what turned me off is that everyone was so more punk than thou. Like I'm so much cooler than you because I'm wearing a t-shirt of some obscure band that no one's ever heard of
This can also be applied to being a fan of black metal, lot of people try to be more kvlt with more obscure bands
to them this means this
Obscure: KVLT
but usually
Obscure: complete shit recorded in their moms basement

This can also be applied to being a fan of black metal, lot of people try to be more kvlt with more obscure bands
to them this means this
Obscure: KVLT
but usually
Obscure: complete shit recorded in their moms basement

Correct statement. Black metal seems to attract the day-trippers because it has all the appearance of a subversive culture that comes with the music as it is (or at least used to be) such a visual genre. If people are drawn to that to fabricate a point of difference between themselves and mainstream society (whatever that might mean), well then acolytes smell a rat. Then, like your post above, you have those who genuinely do like black metal creating a point of difference between themselves and the phoneys by taking it further with their 'obscure' and 'underground' tastes, ridiculing those who won't or can't follow.

Many (freezing) moons ago I used to moderate a black metal forum and although it was pretty sensible as far as these things go there was always an element of controversy-seekers turning up. I totally understand that though, because ever since Socrates was charge with corrupting the youth of Athens kids have been attracted to the 'other'. Then there were other websites that were so hilariously kvlt that they wouldn't let anyone join as there was a kvlt standard one had to meet. On the internet!

Reactions: CiG
There's those metal newbies that think Metallica is the ultimate band of metal history and no one else compares. Same dudes make fun of harsh vocals in metal and so on. Maybe they branch out to Megadeth or Slayer at the most. How do you get through to those ones?

There's those metal newbies that think Metallica is the ultimate band of metal history and no one else compares. Same dudes make fun of harsh vocals in metal and so on. Maybe they branch out to Megadeth or Slayer at the most. How do you get through to those ones?

I worked with two guys that fit that description, one even named his child Lars with not one smidgen of Swede in his family line, he had the Jason Newstead undercut and all.
It was like talking to a brick wall to even get them to consider that metal had other bands besides Metallica. Fucken frustrating as anything working with those guys, how does one spend 15, 20 years listening to the same couple of albums from just the one band.

Reactions: Baroque and CiG
Lol. it's nowhere near complete. Probably won't be complete for a long time. I am constantly changing, rearranging, and adding to the songs.