Metal Chicks

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
That is a completely misguided and ignorant opinion of women. Women act upon reflex and impulse just as often, if not more so than men. The reason women generally don't get into metal music is because metal doesn't contain the stereotypical feminine qualities that women are conditioned from birth to embrace.

..And we don't like to hurt our boobs with dangerous activities i.e moshing, but if we cover 'em it's ok :D :headbang:

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
That is a completely misguided and ignorant opinion of women. Women act upon reflex and impulse just as often, if not more so than men. The reason women generally don't get into metal music is because metal doesn't contain the stereotypical feminine qualities that women are conditioned from birth to embrace.

I think that's a pretty good answer.

blakscorpion21 said:
chicks who try to scream metal are annoying. if they sing or play an instrument thats cool though. one of my fav. bands, bleeding through has a female keyboardist and they are bad ass.

Ya, Plus she is really hot

Bleeding Through sucks. I'm still interesting seeing there so called hot female keyboard player so I can judge her on a scale of 1 to 10.

DoomsdayZach said:
Chicks have a place in metal. No different than guys. I don't see how a girl playing an instrument gets "as long as she knows how to play", but when a guy picks up a guitar, regardless of ability it's ok.

What the fuck are you talking about? Show me the person in this thread who said that unskilled male guitar players should be respected for being males. Stop bitching when there is absolutely no reason to bitch.

Frostangelstorm said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Show me the person in this thread who said that unskilled male guitar players should be respected for being males. Stop bitching when there is absolutely no reason to bitch.

You are right, that was a rude statement really. It was also very stupid, I would seriously look at it as talent not as gender... If a girl can play as good as a guy, does it really matter what gender they are? Talent is talent, no matter what gender you are.

There are plently of horrible male musicians in crappy bands that are signed to major labels selling a lot putting out cds,dvds every 6 months getting huge praise(six feet blunder COUGH COUGH) and someone like me can't figure out why. I think it's shallow for someone to assume a band with a female vocalist is very popular & signed to a major label because the 'girl'. Plently of male musicians can't play their instruments but get very far by gimmicy image,etc...

Bands can be gimmicky regardless who's in the band.

Unless people want to start bashing shitty male musicians i'm not sure what the point is with people having a problem with female singers.

Davtar said:
You are right, that was a rude statement really. It was also very stupid, I would seriously look at it as talent not as gender... If a girl can play as good as a guy, does it really matter what gender they are? Talent is talent, no matter what gender you are.

I am just generally pissed off when it comes to redundant discrimination bullshit, that seems to come directly from US. It seems that people bitch that they are discriminated or harassed, while in most cases they are either: 1) not really discriminated, 2) made fun for a good reason, or anything similiar for that matter. It's so easy to just say "all people are dicks, they discriminate me!" instead of just finding a selfish, arrogant, brainwashed person inside of yourself. I am sorry for being pissed off, but this is very often the case.

Frostangelstorm said:
I am just generally pissed off when it comes to redundant discrimination bullshit, that seems to come directly from US. It seems that people bitch that they are discriminated or harassed, while in most cases they are either: 1) not really discriminated, 2) made fun for a good reason, or anything similiar for that matter. It's so easy to just say "all people are dicks, they discriminate me!" instead of just finding a selfish, arrogant, brainwashed person inside of yourself. I am sorry for being pissed off, but this is very often the case.

Ya I understand, people are assholes alot, especially over here in the US...I just deal with them. I can see why you would get pissed too.

For some kick ass female fronted bands:

I've yet to find an affordable place to pick this up, but check out Ebony Ark: http://www.ebonyark.com/downloadsp.html

For fans of Nightwish, Epica, Rhapsody, [insert epic power metal band here] etc. - has a heavier edge to it though (vocally as well). Kick ass band.

Also check out Dreamaker: http://www.dreamaker.net/mp3e.htm

Battlelore if you like male/female mix: www.battlelore.net

Remember the all female band Phantom Blue? Also Shadowkeep features a female lead guitarst. Another all female kick ass band (forum on this site as well) is Supremacy - kinda Yngwie-ish.