New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

Seriously wtf is wrong with u guys!! You bitch on about absolutely sweet fuck all for months about this new album. Its opeth they arent nu-metal , u want nu-metal go listen to korn or linkinshit my god. This new album is going to amazing just like every record they've released. So stop being childish fukwits and appreciate good music while u can.

OneMustFall said:
Seriously wtf is wrong with u guys!! You bitch on about absolutely sweet fuck all for months about this new album. Its opeth they arent nu-metal , u want nu-metal go listen to korn or linkinshit my god. This new album is going to amazing just like every record they've released. So stop being childish fukwits and appreciate good music while u can.

I do beleive the thread called for negative comments as well as positive.....did you even read my thread lol i hardly praised nu-metal. and as for childish.... :hotjump:

Wow. All intelligence has left those who think some clean vocals are nu metallish. Then again, with Stalin and Hitler and all those dumbwits helping them to gain power, it's not that bad. Still, leave the boards. You are beyond idiotic. Can't believe it...

BTW, has anyone noticed teh extremely fast double bass?

Oh my god. This solo in GoP at something between 3-4 minutes....can it be that the solos will be a highlight this time?

-Ea- said:
What the fuck does "using the internet" have anything to fucken do with how a song sounds? I used to work as an IT technician so dont worry about me maaaaate. When i said i couldnt find the GOP song i only thought that the others had heard it on the road runner site, i didnt read the whole thread. but nah your right, i MUST be retarded or something :erk:.

worthy of the big O. hahaha. you win

Haha. "What the fuck" does what I said have anything to do with your opinion on the song?

OneMustFall said:

what are YOU bitching about?

he's just saying what he thinks. if you don't agree, just shut the fuck up.

Longinus said:
Wow. All intelligence has left those who think some clean vocals are nu metallish. Then again, with Stalin and Hitler and all those dumbwits helping them to gain power, it's not that bad. Still, leave the boards. You are beyond idiotic. Can't believe it...

BTW, has anyone noticed teh extremely fast double bass?

I did say that all the clean vocals prior to this album are good, I especially love the vocals in Godheads Lament, they add to the atmosphere of the song. but the clean vocals in GOP just dont have any atmosphere to them at all, it just sounds like vocals youd hear on a radio. Jesus i knew people would flame me, cant just fucken respect peoples opinion huh.
:err:

I think GoP is one of the best Opeth songs ever. If not THE best! I was slightly disappointed with TGC but this restored my faith, so basically I'm just agreeing with just about everyone here and repeating myself...

Strange thing, by the way, now that I'm again convinced that Ghost Reveries will be a masterpiece, TGC sounds a lot better... I guess it has to do with knowing that every song doesn't sound like it. It's just something that Opeth have never done before and I'm sure that it will fit the album seamessly and creating just the right vibe in just the right place and blah blah blah.....

GoP saves the day. Ghost Reveries can still be their best album so far.

That riff at 4:08 and 6:25 is just what Opeth is all about. Pure Genious.

Final minute is very typical Opeth-ending. Just beautiful.

it just sounds like vocals youd hear on a radio

And this is where your inability to hear properly becomes a problem.

I respect Opeth (and virtually any other band) all the more now for putting out more and more music, even though idiots like that run around and put them down just because they arent good at distinguishing things. World is really no fun with guys like you.

And I still havent found tool riffing. All I found is a passage which reminded me a bit of Bleak before the "devious movement" part. And those "yah, yah, yah" passages O_O

holy shit.

-Ea- said:
I did say that all the clean vocals prior to this album are good, I especially love the vocals in Godheads Lament, they add to the atmosphere of the song. but the clean vocals in GOP just dont have any atmosphere to them at all, it just sounds like vocals youd hear on a radio. Jesus i knew people would flame me, cant just fucken respect peoples opinion huh.
:err:

I sort of agree, they do have atmosphere though. I didnt like the clean vocals at all in TGC, i like it much better in GOP. But its nothing like Godheads Lament, but that song is a fucking masterpiece so i guess we cant expect that in every song.

I'd say this is one of the best opening tracks on any Opeth album along with The Moor and The Leper Affinity and April Ethereal if you'd count that as opening...

The only things that I know about nu-metal is that it's musically primitive and that it sucks.

GoP is neither of these. It's an incredibly well-written 10+ minutes epic, Opeth style, containing several heavy and mellow parts seamlessly blending one into another, supported by a top-notch musicianship. As I said previously, I honestly believe it is one of the very best songs written by Opeth.