Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northern Lights said:
I reckon he would've been such an interesting fellow to swill sacramental wine together with until the wee hours while trading war stories of unbelievably difficult grammar dilemmas.

oh, my. :lol: now i hadn't considered that perspective.

nf: still as fucked up as yesterday, and adding bubu to bubu i'm also totally frenzied because i don't know how to plan the next week (i'd love to stay with my parents and help with some things, but i also have to work and all), and i have to positively kill someone - how do you negatively kill someone anyway?

as for the pope, i know i sound like an idiot, but last night in the gym i realized that seeing him on TV gives me the sort of involuntary smile that is normally connected to other circumstances. as the news sink in and i realize that the guy is pope and will be for a while, i have this very emotional surge of hope and good perspectives that is totally unusual for me. i was a fan of his for a long time, as rahvin will be able to confirm (no bandwagon jumping), and i kind of feel quite a deal safer at the moment.

oh, and i have no problems with non-economists shutting up on economics :p on the other hand, the painting of rahvin as some catholic stalwart makes me laugh so much that i could just roll over.

NF: Like complete shit. I was hoping I'd be the only one from my school to apply for the job (as it's near my house on Long Island, which is remote from most people, or at least inconvenient). Turns out one or two other people (at least) have applied, and one even has their interview an hour before me!

This frigging sucks, because my grades are shit, so I had been hoping my skills and such would carry me well enough. Now I'm fucking competing against people with near perfect averages. Fuck. My only hope is that they were looking for more than one person.

~kov.

Kovy: Don't give up before you get there man, remember, it doesn't all come down to grades. In fact, a lot of places will prefer someone with slightly worse grades if the person is more personable (ha, I crack myself up ;)), articulate and etc. Also, they will take into account things like skills and past experience if they're going to be interviewing properly. I'm sure you have just as good a chance my friend, don't let yourself get discouraged, just take the interview in the best frame of mind, you might be surprised. :)

@hyena: i'm sorry about your father, i hope things go better. :(

@Taliesin: the situation about unis here is pissing me off too. they're kinda crap, but they're free. now, on one hand you have the communists complaining that they want free education (ok.. :rolleyes: ), and on the other hand the current government wants to make you pay for the books and kick you out of the school a couple of years after the minimum amount of years required to finish the school (while now you can practically be a student forever). :/

NF: Drunk, but not as drunk as an hour ago. There was this cool student conference (they turn out to be the best) (even though they managed to fuck it up with political bullshit). They had a very nice string concert, and some old famous dancers who have been in movies, and some really good wine and champaigne afterwards. There was a party too, but i was already too drunk. They should have known people have to drive afterwards. :p
And i'm in love. <3

edit: Kov, don't let it get you down. As D_J said, grades is not all that counts. Good luck at the interview, show them your best! :)

@kov: i understand the feeling, i really do, but if it helps you i got my current job competing against candidates who were way smarter and more educated than me. :)

edit:

@siren: thanks for your wishes about my father.

uh, and never say "i'm in love" after having said that you're drunk, it does not go down well with the loved one generally. :) me, i'm quite drunk, and most definitely not in love, not with anyone. i switched from being sort of in love with a man and seriously in love with a bunch of concepts and images to be in love with nothing because i told off said man two hours ago and now i feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. :(

@hyena: oh, i'm sorry about that. :(
you should feel better, because after all the weight of the world is not on your shoulders. it's on the pope's. :D

as for the "i'm in love" thing, i understand what you're saying, but on the other hand being drunk is the only way i could have written that, on this forum, at this specific moment in time. :p
tonight i did notice that being tipsy made me a lot more sociable than usual, i was even smiling at ppl i barely say "hi" to. :err:

Siren said:
you should feel better, because after all the weight of the world is not on your shoulders. it's on the pope's. :D

:lol: yeah. thanks for pointing this out, fortunately he's still there. :p

nf: a little better - i'm trying to feed myself arguments of the "people disappear from each other's lives with no fatal consequence" variety, and i think i'll live, too. besides the fact that it's very cold, it might be an ok day. on sunday i'm traveling to see my parents.

@ Lolita: Thanks :) Yeah, it depends on the person a lot. I hurt easily, so 4 hours of needles and bleeding isn't too pleasant :ill:

@ TNB: Where? In the pic thread? Well yes, the pain is over for now, but the tattoo still needs more inc and some finishing in about a month :erk:

I'll post pics in the picture thread.

NF: Thoughtful. Album is being mixed, which is cool. Currently finishing another demo to finish off a newer album for that project, and have been working with a vocalist with that. Also have an album to record with one band which will take heaps of work over the next few months, and have joined another band so i get to play live again. Musically, life is interesting and busy. Work/friends/family are all going along alright, though nothing exciting. Guess there's not much to complain about.

I finally ordered Character today as well, about time i did that. I'm buying so many CDs now, i like having money.

marduk1507 said:
Schroeder is a left-wing politician who came to power after 16 years of Kohls right-wing government, which kept the budget in balance, cut the taxes and mainly didnt waste money on all the social benefits social democrats are so fond of. So, after those 16 years Germany was pretty well off.

:lol:

The conservative government promised garden of eden to newly "added" eastern Germany. Hellish amounts of money went to dubious projects.The rate for the exchange of the eastern Germany currency was too good in regard to the circumstances. The move of the government from Bonn to Berlin costed kazillions. That´s just a few reasons why things went down from there. Re-unification is okay by me, but the process definitely was not handled well.

PS: the same chancellor for 16 years is something I never wanna have again. No matter if conservative or socialdemocrat. Processes just get too fixed in such a long time.

hyena said:
@wildfyr: don't worry, i'm 27 this week and i've been diagnosed with the same bu as you. there's really no thing as "youthful years", and as rahvin wisely stated we can't even become pope :p

Well, I didn't see a "Happy Birthday, hyena" thread here yet, so I suppose I'll wish you a Happy one now. Haaaaaappppy Biiiiiirthday, my dear. :)

No "youthful years," though? :cry: Damn. I must have grown up on a different planet then. (j/k) :loco:

speaking of pain, today i had the worst i felt for now :p i went to remove an alien on my finger, they iced/burned it whatever, the thing itself isn't that bad, but after when i was walking home i just saw a lot of light, couldn't see where i was going at all o_O
actually i'm not very fond of this doctor's work, some time ago i had to remove something on my chest (little tumor?) with the same method, different doctor (but i couldn't wait this time since i'll have extremely busy weeks from now on), not only the pain was almost nothing, in spite of the more sensible location, but also he kept me there a while after and i had no weird effects.

idari said:
@ TNB: Where? In the pic thread? Well yes, the pain is over for now, but the tattoo still needs more inc and some finishing in about a month :erk:

I'll post pics in the picture thread.

So it's not finished yet? Ah, well... you'll survive anyway ;) Looking forward to see your "litte baby" tattoo ;)

I don't know where exactly I posted it... I think it's on "Post a random fact about yourself" thread, not sure.... but, not to keep you too anxious, here's the picture again..

THE TATTOO

Status
Not open for further replies.