Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I completely agree with idari. The words "ignorance is bliss" are true in this case imo. Trying to talk to her wont help a bit. I guess shes confused too, the given reason for breaking up ("im bored") only proves it. All I would do in this case would be utter ignorance of her, yet somehow letting her know, indirectly, that IM FUCKING FINE OVER HERE, that Ive learned the lesson and move on. But yeah, what do we know...

@TNB: what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

@hyena: thank you. :)

Sorry to hear that too. I think that it's so awful when two ppl break up and manage not to have a decent relation afterwards.
i agree it sucks, but i think it's too early in this case to judge. i mean, it's always ugly at first, when everyone is frustrated. imo, it takes a lot of time and effort to get to the point where ppl can have a really decent relationship afterwards, and still it's something that's not achieved often.
at first distance is certainly required, so that the feelings cool off. in any case, time away from each other is required for the ppl involved to heal and stop being influenced by their ex-partner. otherwise the feelings will keep being there and fuck up their lives (or at least the life of the person who finds it harder to get detached).

nf: amazed at my stereo. it stops working, then starts working again, then it's all static, then the static goes away. it must have caught a bug that only attacks stupid sound systems.

more generally, i am thinking that the heavens have a plot to drive me insane. i have entered this soulsearching phase which is so bad for my mental health that i might just lose any ability i have to think with a measure of coherence - literally, the more i know the less i understand because i come to realize how many notions i don't have and how many elements of context i have completely overlooked in the past. oh well, i'm young, now am i? awww.

edit: i've just found someone who has the ebook of 'the screwtape letters' (believe it or not, i haven't found a paper version in the major bookstores of the city), which makes me go all :hotjump:, but on the other hand i'm in a really really long queue, so no reading tonight :yell:

DragonLady: I'm really sorry to hear you're in bad condition for many days now, I feel so sorry. Hopefully, it will get better within the next days. I have some Jack Daniels left, so of we meet at the RH Festival, we might get a drink (will bring beer, too, of course) and talk a little. About everything or about your problems, if you want to. Just an invitation!

Thanks to everyone again for your words. All I know is that I don't know where it went wrong, and she must, and I'd like to know. In this case Im the one finding it really hard to detach. I wish there was a way to let y'all know how much I appreciate the bits of feedback you give. You're all too kind. I'm going to try and refrain from talking about this for a while because it's gotta be getting boring for you people :p. Only if something happens that i really feel the need to talk about will I write on it here (more irrelevant crap is still to come however :p ).

Nf: Fingers and legs hurt from playing guitar all night and football all day. I have over 20 minutes of stuff for my recital :hotjump:... so I'm not too worried about that. Hot damn, if I can pull the set off it should be awesome. Im doing a Metal Version of beethoven's Moonlight sonata (the well known theme) one of my own compositions which has a few really weird techniques which I havn't seen anyone else do before (but the song is actually quite crap)... Then Im doing Kalmah - Dance of the Water - But it has even more elaborate solos in the mix and to top it off Im gonna bring everyone to their knees with Steve vai - For The Love Of God. Fingers are crossed that I can brush it all up in time for the show. bah, now Im feeling nervous.

@Hyena: You sound quite insane actually. I'd give you some advice only I can't think of any that you probably havn't already thought of and dissected in multiple ways. Just try and chill out a bit :p . As soon as I stopped searching so hard (which I did used to do) an angel found me :) .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :yell:

@KC: good luck with your recital. :)

As soon as I stopped searching so hard (which I did used to do) an angel found me
this is indeed rumoured to work. but there's something safer:
decide to never be involved with anyone ever again. and it has to be with a passion. :p

edit: and yeah, feel free to talk, i'm not getting bored either. you should write anything you want if it's going to make you feel better. :)

Schwedentod said:
DragonLady: I'm really sorry to hear you're in bad condition for many days now, I feel so sorry. Hopefully, it will get better within the next days. I have some Jack Daniels left, so of we meet at the RH Festival, we might get a drink (will bring beer, too, of course) and talk a little. About everything or about your problems, if you want to. Just an invitation!

thanx a lot for ur words, and of course it would be great to meet at the festival and drink a bit of jack daniels and talk :headbang: I will be busy with pics from time to time but there is enough time for fun and booze too hehe... :D

Siren said:
this is indeed rumoured to work. but there's something safer:
decide to never be involved with anyone ever again. and it has to be with a passion. :p

well, i know it's kinda uncommon, but i was absolutely not talking about relationships this time. :p

i've managed to download the book, gone through half of it (it's v. short), and i'm now almost jumping with glee, if only for the very entertaining distraction. :hotjump:

@gav: the problem is that, while the same might have happened to me (i've never been in such a furry of interest towards some philosophical topics, not for sustained periods of time), the angel in question is bugging me to subtler and more intense intellectual activity... from whence *boom*. :p

i'll be back on msn in an hour or so, btw

Siren said:
@TNB: what are you studying, if you don't mind me asking?

No, not at all :) I study mechanical engineering and Swedish language and literature.

Siren said:
i agree it sucks, but i think it's too early in this case to judge. i mean, it's always ugly at first, when everyone is frustrated. imo, it takes a lot of time and effort to get to the point where ppl can have a really decent relationship afterwards, and still it's something that's not achieved often.
at first distance is certainly required, so that the feelings cool off. in any case, time away from each other is required for the ppl involved to heal and stop being influenced by their ex-partner. otherwise the feelings will keep being there and fuck up their lives (or at least the life of the person who finds it harder to get detached).

Absolutely.. I forgot to put in the time variable, but it surely is a good point. The hard part is getting detached... I always have difficluties with that. And I don't really mean exclusevely relationships. If I care about someone, then I _really_ care and it's hard to let go.

Anyways KC, back to ya.. I'm not bored by what you're writing. If it helps, just go ahead. Most think the same, as I've read...so, don't hesitate if in need. Good look with your recital!

NF: I had a really good beginning of this week. I somehow felt calm and I found some peace, after crying the whole weekend... I feel shitty again, so I guess all the feeling good was just a phaze. This thing bothers me again and I can't escape it. I cried a bit today, not too much though.. Called a friend who's a really jolly person and we had fun. He gave me some lectures in guitar too. It was fun... got my mind off the things that have been bothering me.

Oh, and, DL1 - I hope you'll be better soon. I don't exactly know what's wrong, so I don't know how to help or write something encouraging, but still... I really wish you could feel better!

hm I only arrive on friday evening, my mate and I will try to see girlschool at the pre party on friday, but if I remember right from last year there is enough space between all bands as there is only one stage, so there will be time for a beer I'm sure :) but would be really cool to meet there :)

TheNewBuild said:
No, not at all :) I study mechanical engineering and Swedish language and literature.
hey, that's cool. hope you do well with your studies. :)

TheNewBuild said:
Absolutely.. I forgot to put in the time variable, but it surely is a good point. The hard part is getting detached... I always have difficluties with that. And I don't really mean exclusevely relationships. If I care about someone, then I _really_ care and it's hard to let go.
I know what you mean, i'm exactly like that..

So i wouldn't really have any advice to give except try to not think about it, at least not too much. If it makes you feel like shit, it's bad and it's harming you, so cutting contact and/or stop thinking about it can only do good (and i'm saying this more generally, you can apply it to whatever it is that is troubling you).

I've been reading about your and dragonlady's hard times, and it's making me feel very sorry for you two. I haven't said anything so far cause i don't really know what to say.. I've been through times like that and i know how much it sucks. And how hard it is sometimes to get out of it. Just try to hang on, and look at the bright side of life, the little pretty things in everyday life that can make it happier for you. You never know when things might change for the better. Things can't always be shitty, there must be some kind of balance between good and bad moments.. I really hope everything goes better for both of you. :/

Siren said:
hey, that's cool. hope you do well with your studies. :)

Thank you, Siren! :)

Siren said:
I know what you mean, i'm exactly like that..

So i wouldn't really have any advice to give except try to not think about it, at least not too much. If it makes you feel like shit, it's bad and it's harming you, so cutting contact and/or stop thinking about it can only do good (and i'm saying this more generally, you can apply it to whatever it is that is troubling you).

Oh, so I'm not the only one having trouble with getting detached ;) When it comes to situations where I HAVE to do that, then it's a long process and I have all that you said in my mind, but I can't really make it happen. It's not what's going on right now, I was just commenting on how I'd be if that happened.

As I said, my situation was worse this weekend, cuz I was home alone... last night my roommate really helped me. Just a hug and I was better. Just someone who listened to my thoughts...during the weekend I've been killing myself with them..no one to listen to them, so I imagined only negative things. It's so different when you can say it out loud than to write/think about it.

Siren said:
I've been reading about your and dragonlady's hard times, and it's making me feel very sorry for you two. I haven't said anything so far cause i don't really know what to say.. I've been through times like that and i know how much it sucks. And how hard it is sometimes to get out of it. Just try to hang on, and look at the bright side of life, the little pretty things in everyday life that can make it happier for you. You never know when things might change for the better. Things can't always be shitty, there must be some kind of balance between good and bad moments.. I really hope everything goes better for both of you. :/

Thank you again, Siren. You wouldn't believe how much this words mean. And the parrot spoke again - Thank you!

I agree... things cannot always be shitty.. I just can't wait for the better times to come... as I said previously to KC - Upon us all a little rain must fall, just a little rain.

I also hope that DL1 will be feeling better soon. I as you, feel sorry for her...It has always been difficult to read about other people's misery and being in a similar situation, I only feel even _more_ sorry..
Go for that "photowalk" you mentioned, DL1! I know it will do you good. Nature is a wonderful thing and it can only help :)

I think I'll do that too.. my roommate is here and she brought her digital camera, so I'll ask her if I could borrow it for a day. So many beautiful things around here... trees trees :)

hugs to both DL1 and Siren!

DragonLady1 said:
... my mate and I will try to see girlschool at the pre party on friday...

mate = boyfriend?

If so, why do you let all these fears get control of you? Be happy, enjoy life and especially the feeling of being in love again!

NF: Bored... worked on a presentation for friday the whole afternoon but couldn't get my thoughts towards it, so it's far away from being finished. Swedish will start in 15 Minutes, I will be home at 7:30 pm and be even more bored... :yuk:

This all sucks right now, but this thursday is free of lessons, so (hopefully) enough time to get the presentation finished.

Can't wait for the weekend right now... as every week... :Spin:

Status
Not open for further replies.