Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boar.. I need to vent now :yell:
My friend Pierre Antoine from Paris had a GF last summer, well, she was cheating on her BF. She's studying german and spent the next semester in Germany. She "left" my friend shotly afterwards but found comfort with yet another BF. It was the way she left him that upset me, like she wouldnt talk to him anymore or just generally be a bitch. Anyway, she's back in France since February or so and being the nymphomanic, affective-disorder wreck that she is, she began to hit on my friend again.
He's in love with her, so I dont blame him, although I wouldnt mind if he was less of a selfdestructive cynic.
Anyway, she's a real whore who doesnt care about anyone's feelings, she's just staying with her current BF so she doesnt need to decide who to be with, also, it's a perfect excuse to end her adventures.
Like I said, she's studying german, so sometimes we talk a little, she asks me stuff and I try to be nice. I showed her this page: http://www.wdr.de/comedy/sendungen/dittsche.phtml
Dittsche aka Oliver Dittrich is a german comedian, it's a great show, a must-see for all germans :D
Anyway, I told her to watch the "Ein reiner Papst" episode and she was like "But that's not blasphemous, is it?" and I was like "What are you, christian??" and she goes like, "Yeah I am, Im a catholic and I dont feel like justifying my views now.."
You can imagine my speechless amazement. Anyway, I should have shut up and say nothing.. but I said something like "You want to be a catholic with your lifestyle? How do you bring that together?"
Shortly after, she was all over my friend like "He thinks Im a whore, and he can only know what you told him nag nag nag!" so now my friend is all over me for ruining his adventure.. I hate arguing with my friends and I especially hate arguing with my friends in a language other than my own! ARGH!

Well.. thanks for reading, I needed to write that down

I'll read it later on... just came back from a funny afternoon, met my friend at a pub and there were the guys from lefay as well, didnt know they were swedish, was really funny, we went to the abyss bar later on, had a few drinks and I just learned their drummer robin played one show with dark tranquillity a few years ago in istanbul, what a coincidence :)

We're getting massacred versus Switzerland :cry:
It's a bad performance though, we were nervous the whole time, especially Benda made many mistakes. Then he hit his adversary in the face with the stick and got sent off for the rest of the match, way to go! Everything that could have gone wrong actually did.. tough titties!

ach war doch lustig, gut daß ich nich "katholisch" bin
anyway just returned from my date with a girl a met some weeks before.
she invited me to cook and eat with some friends. hm its our 3rd date and I still dont know if she just likes me as friend or if theres perhaps more.
lets see what tomorrow brings...

Taliesin said:
Well.. thanks for reading, I needed to write that down

this just sucks, I dont like it when people are playing with others feelings and specially dont like it when love comes inbetween friendship and because of some stupid intrigues causes unnecessary troubles between good friends... sorry to hear that really but I hope ur friend will understand that he made a mistake... love can make so blind, I'm sure he will be thankful to u at the end when he discovered her real face, it just needs time...

@Tal: I can imagine that it's quite a bad situation but however, you couldn't change it. Still, you didn't do anything wrong so don't worry. And sooner or later your friend will understand you point of view and then he might be thankful.

NF: Presentation in a little more than 2 hours and I still need some exercises... Anyone here knowing a good one concerning date-datatypes in Oracle and how to use the depending functions? Anyone knowing how to check (in a constraint), if a person is older than 18 (you only have the birthday, sysdate isn't allowed in check constraints)?

Sorry for spamming...

Taliesin said:
We're getting massacred versus Switzerland :cry:

tonight u'll have a chance to kick our asses :D

nf: bit weird, feel like still sleeping, so tired and thinking so much... on the other side also happy about seeing lefay tonight and meeting a friend from near vienna who just comes here for the gig... and wish the weather would get better this weekend so I could go for a walk in the mountains, they are so beautiful :worship:

Ah, don't worry Taliesin... He WILL eventually come to his senses. I totally understand your reaction.. difficult to shut up when exposed to such hypocrisy.

NF: Feeling okay, I guess. Can't wait to go to gym again tomorrow. And to study... man, I'm really in a "let's study" mood ;) Oh, and I'm happy that it's Friday :)

DragonLady1 said:
sorry to hear that really but I hope ur friend will understand that he made a mistake... love can make so blind, I'm sure he will be thankful to u at the end when he discovered her real face, it just needs time...
Actually, he knows what she's like but wants to go for it anyway :err:
It wasnt my intention really to mess it up for him and protect him, but when she said she was catholic and all, I couldnt help myself. He said something like "Everyone messes up their own life as good as they can"
He was doing real bad after the breakup though, I was afraid he'd kill himself at least once, so even though Im not normally a protective person, I feel the urge to intervene there.

Malaclypchen! welcome back, man. And thank you.

Thanks, Schwedentod, Kov, Siren, and NewBuild.

Taliesin: It sounds to me like we need to smack some sense into that Frenchman.
Siren, have you brought le whip?

Schwedentod: Did your presentation go alright? What's the verdict?

DragonLady: I hope you get to. I love trekking through nice mountains.

TheNewBuild said:
man, I'm really in a "let's study" mood ;)
That's nice ..but let's let you study
wink.gif

I'll go ahead an sit my graduated ass and slowly enjoy a peach yogurt instead.

TheNewBuild said:
Oh, and I'm happy that it's Friday :)
A 'let's study' mood on a friday, eh ..you're not too popular with the friends these days, are you :p
(Good luck. Get a lot done)

MagSec4 said:
That's nice ..but let's let you study
wink.gif

I'll go ahead an sit my graduated ass and slowly enjoy a peach yogurt instead.

Haha... I can understand why you don't share the same feeling ;) No problemo, mr. Chemistry :D

MagSec4 said:
A 'let's study' mood on a friday, eh ..you're not too popular with the friends these days, are you :p
(Good luck. Get a lot done)

Aaah, now you went and ruined a perfectly good joke with your best wishes ;) Just when I was about to ask about your HUGE after-graduation party - a peach yogurt by yourself?! :D

Seriously speaking, I didn't study yesterday due to a visit of a friend from my hometown, so I have to make it up today :)

And... thank you, Mag ;)

DragonLady1 said:
tonight u'll have a chance to kick our asses :D
So much for us kicking your asses :Smug: The german team is surprisingly weak this tournament, Im quite shocked. The worst was the game versus Switzerland though :erk:

MagSec4 said:
Taliesin: It sounds to me like we need to smack some sense into that Frenchman.
Siren, have you brought le whip?
Do you and Siren have some sort of obscure history? :err:
:p

@mags: many congratulations. :)

@taliesin: i understand your solidarity for your friend and your annoyance at that woman, but:

(from the book i mentioned in the other thread - a devil is speaking to another devil on how to turn a man's attention away from god even in church)

When he gets to his pew and looks round him he sees just that selection of his neighbours whom he has hitherto avoided. You want to lean pretty heavily on those neighbours. Make his mind flit to and fro between an expression like "the body of Christ" and the actual faces in the next pew. It matters very little, of course, what kind of people that next pew really contains. You may know one of them to be a great warrior on the Enemy's side. No matter. Your patient, thanks to Our Father below, is a fool. Provided that any of those neighbours sing out of tune, or have boots that squeak, or double chins, or odd clothes, the patient will quite easily believe that their religion must therefore be somehow ridiculous. At his present stage, you see, he has an idea of "Christians" in his mind which he supposes to be spiritual but which, in fact, is largely pictorial. His mind is full of togas and sandals and armour and bare legs and the mere fact that the other people in church wear modern clothes is a real-though of course an unconscious-difficulty to him. Never let it come to the surface; never let him ask what he expected them to look like. Keep everything hazy in his mind now, and you will have all eternity wherein to amuse yourself by producing in him the peculiar kind of clarity which Hell affords. [...]
I have been writing hitherto on the assumption that the people in the next pew afford no rational ground for disappointment. Of course if they do-if the patient knows that the woman with the absurd hat is a fanatical bridge-player or the man with squeaky boots a miser and an extortioner-then your task is so much the easier. All you then have to do is to keep out of his mind the question "If I, being what I am, can consider that I am in some sense a Christian, why should the different vices of those people in the next pew prove that their religion is mere hypocrisy and convention?" You may ask whether it is possible to keep such an obvious thought from occurring even to a human mind. It is, Wormwood, it is! Handle him properly and it simply won't come into his head. He has not been anything like long enough with the Enemy to have any real humility yet. What he says, even on his knees, about his own sinfulness is all parrot talk. At bottom, he still believes he has run up a very favourable credit-balance in the Enemy's ledger by allowing himself to be converted, and thinks that he is showing great humility and condescension in going to church with these "smug", commonplace neighbours at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.