Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tal: hey, well its not so bad with her after all! I usually highly appreciate peoples ability to say sorry, you were right, for me its a sign that the person is worth it, no matter how bad I saw him/her before. Yeah, it could all be a lie, acting herself out of the bad situation, but I think she wouldnt even bother, if she didnt give a fuck about it. And she does, obviously, and thats good imo. As for your dilemma, do what thou wilt! :)

NF: Quite good. Slept quite well and now this seems to become a nice and sunny day.

On the smoking discussion... I do smoke, unfortunately, but I try to respect non-smokers. Not in a normal bar, sorry, but I would be the only one there and my smoke doesn't have an effect... It's a bad thing but it's too hard to stop. I once did 4 months without cigarettes, but then I started again...

@taliesin, siren: with the quote i was just meaning that one shouldn't judge another's actions based on the religious creed this person professes to have. after all, being a christian (or a muslim, or a buddhist, or whatever) only means that the person concerned is making an effort to adhere to a theological interpretation of the world - it doesn't imply that this person will be a model of virtue from the get go.

expecting believers to have a higher moral standard than most is human: after all, they say they're buying values and rules that condemn certain courses of action, and they shouldn't hence be caught performing the same actions contradicting their weltanschaaung. still, while it is human, it does not hold water logically: no religion that i know of claims to instantly purify its believers of all evils from the moment they set foot in a church, mosque or temple.

one can be honestly christian and not be able to follow every single rule imposed by the church he refers to; or one can follow all the rules without being christian; or one can say he's a christian and follow the rules; and so on and so forth. but quid iuris can anyone judge another's faith or behavior? note that this has nothing to do with deciding that some actions or beliefs are right or wrong as a concept, i'm talking about judgment passed on a specific individual. and no, believing that an action is evil per se doesn't make you automatically believe that those who commit it are evil, that's a major philosophical misunderstanding (for a lecture on formal and material cooperation in evil, ring me).

we have conventional judgment in courts of law, and that's all well and good: most societies recognize the need for a structure that sanctions behaviors that are socially wrong. thanking the almighty heavens, there's no such thing anymore for behaviors that are morally wrong: to simplify to the max, believers normally think that this is reserved to god, while atheists/agnostics refuse the idea of something that is definitely wrong from the moral standpoint.

so, to conclude this rant: while i understand taliesin's solidarity for his friend and lack of desire to interact with that woman, and i even support it to the extent to which i know the facts, i don't think that her self-labeling as a catholic should add or subtract anything to/from the equation. it's a matter of her conscience, of how she relates her catholicism with her actions. maybe (but i know i'm overstepping my boundaries - it's just for the sake of example) she should ask herself a couple of questions about her role in creating scandal, in the sense of widespread disapproval of her faith based on her actions.

bottom line: @taliesin: reactions like yours are common and i don't mean to judge you either - you have a history of life and thoughts that led you there, it's up to you to know it and treat it critically. nevertheless, i wanted to point out what is a flaw in logic, with all due respect to you.

not to mention that those who follow religions by the book are often criticized as harshly as those who offer more liberal interpretations, and by the same people. wow.

i agree about the smoke too.

@Dragonlady: yeah, it was basically any food you like. :D you seem to be quite the travelling girl, that's really nice. :)

@Taliesin: basically i agree with what dragonlady said, that it's better not to answer than makes things worse. be careful not to lose your friend because of her, men in love can be quite stubborn sometimes..

@hyena: well, at least it was funny picturing you giving guidelines to your little nephew Taliesin. :p

NF: nice, a 2-minute walk in our garden was enough for me to see TEH beauty. :) along with lots of insects, bees and a nasty grasshoper... :ill:
i took a couple of pictures of the roses i cut for my mom, let's see how they turn out..

Okay, I'm now officially pissed off at the lousy world of file sharing. I wanted to get something that was originally written by Henry V, in its Prague Philarmonic version, and I ended up getting a very bad song from an imbecilic italian band called '270 bis', an example of fascist alternative rock. i had no idea such a thing existed and i really didn't want to know it. @the italians: never check out these dicks.

@hyena: This seems to happen quite often. I was searching for JBO (a german fun-metal band) at kazaa some years ago and got racist's stuff on and on... although it was labeled with JBO... It's unbelievable that this stuff gets to kids hands although they were searching something unpolitical. I stopped using filesharing programs shortly after this experience.

hyena said:
Being a christian (or a muslim, or a buddhist, or whatever) only means that the person concerned is making an effort to adhere to a theological interpretation of the world - it doesn't imply that this person will be a model of virtue from the get go.
But that's exactly what I critize, she doesnt make that effort, it's just a label she gives herself, it's pure hypocrisy. I didnt mean to say that every christian should follow the bible in every aspect or something, after all, we're all sinners ;)

hyena said:
Expecting believers to have a higher moral standard than most is human: after all, they say they're buying values and rules that condemn certain courses of action, and they shouldn't hence be caught performing the same actions contradicting their weltanschaaung.
I dont expect believers to have higher moral standards, but I demand that they at least try. And I dont see her trying, I see her running for cover, or searching for advice in a world she claims makes her more and more confused.
Im not judging her for cheating on her BF, that's really none of my business, but making use of someone who loves you, just to have some fun and once you're getting bored, mindlessly breaking their heart, that's where I draw the line.

after all, the fascist band spawned good consequences - '270 bis' are shit, but i got curious and found a site with all of these 'alternative' bands and i have tears in my eyes for how funny some of their lyrics are. they're not even racist or antisemitic, they're all about virtue and crusades and the fellowship of the ring. :lol: :lol: :lol:

and about this (had to make a different post since the last one was far too silly for this)

Taliesin said:
making use of someone who loves you, just to have some fun and once you're getting bored, mindlessly breaking their heart, that's where I draw the line.

that's, like, the reason why the church says no pre-marital sex? :p

i KNOW. technically, it isn't. and it isn't even the main point. but it is a point nonetheless.

I have no idea what the reason is.. but since when does God justify his rules? :p

Thank you a lot for your help hyena, it is very much appreciated :)

@taliesin: are you making fun of me? :p

nf: blind anger and hate. i'm on a rough patch these days, and when i turn to teh supposed one for comfort he slams a door in my face, more or less. thanks heavens for friends that keep me sort of on my feet.

No, not at all! Why should I? I did find your posts very interesting :)
Im sorry to hear about your trouble.. wanna tell us more?

NF: Bleh. Dont want to get up tomorrow.. Ive not been very motivated lately. Im a lazy person :(

sounds cool. I cleaned my room and still wiating for my money and my papers from my old firm.dont know why it took more than 1 week to give me my money and my papers.
I think I must pass again and ask whats up

@taliesin: i think i have a cold (or a bad degeneration of hayfever, but it's immaterial). seriously, no, it's not the cold. i was especially angered at a guy who worked towards obtaining my affections for about one year and now never gives anything back.

@caro: oh, so wanting to drink red wine should be considered an extraordinary event? silly me, i thought it was an immediate consequence of, say, being alive. :tickled:

hm no its oke but I dont drink that much alone... I love to drink red wine with friends but alone its a bit weird to me thats all.... but no other choice for the moment, I bought a bottle of french one and gonna have a good sleep tonight for sure hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.