Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: like crap. today i went to a funeral for a high school buddy of mine who killed himself this week. we weren't close in recent years, but it was terrible news, and a very sad event. seeing all our old friends was nice in a way, but under the worst possible circumstances, and with a lot of crying going around. then i went to the dentist. now i have ten billion things im supposed to do, and no motivation to do them. im leaving for sweden on monday, which is very exciting, but at the moment im having a little trouble in the "getting my shit together" department.

@bfs: i hear you, and i share your conclusion (even if nothing as tragic happened to me this week). today i was supposed to go to work, didn't go because i basically didn't feel like. i will work a bit at home during the afternoon and then watch movies. the weather is complete shit.

@BFS: That's really sad :(
Good 'luck' ..with everything (In Dutch, I'd wish you strength..No idea how to say it in English tho :/)

NF: Ok, relieved.. Study's going better now.. Had fun going out yesterday, but again, nothing special. I dunno, I feel calme or so today :p
*siiigh* :)

Yeah well, thats more an advice isnt it.. More as in ...good luck with being strong, not ..giving any strength? ..Yeah? d:

[edit]
sterkte [de ~ (v)]
fortitude [the ~]
courage [the ~]
fibre [the ~]
sterkte [de ~ (v)] (fiksheid)
strength [the ~]
vigour [the ~]
intensity [the ~]
power [the ~]
sterkte [de ~ (v)] (versterkte legerplaats)
citadel [the ~]
sterkte [de ~ (v)] (versterkte plaats)
fortified area [the ~]

'Sterkte' just sounds like a noun this way, but people use it more as a 'wish', like I meant to. 'Strength/vigour/power' etc would be better translated by 'kracht' (power, force)..or something.

NF: professional, but only if "pro" is for "procrastination." ok, that was awkward and not entirely funny, but i am right now finishing an article i committed to writing which i should have finished sooner because, i cant help but mention again, i'm leaving the country tomorrow. fortunately the article is just a music feature about Corrosion of Conformity, whom i like. i hope my flight is not cancelled tomorrow. snow is coming, and whatever happens i MUST get to gothenburg before thurs. to see DT. right? DT aside, i hope i am not stranded at JFK airport for a day or something shitty like that.

i packed a bunch of clothes and cds, and my passport. can you think of anything else i probably want with me? (besides obvious things like my toothbrush, duh) UNobvious things...

hi guys, im posting here now, even though this board is slow and full of insider talk, because "you people" at least are nice (unlike SOT & SOT2, my usual pissing grounds), and rahvin is my friend.

BigFakeSmile said:
hi guys, im posting here now, even though this board is slow and full of insider talk, because "you people" at least are nice (unlike SOT & SOT2, my usual pissing grounds), and rahvin is my friend.

:Spin:

once i had to wait at an airport in paris for seven hours to get to goteborg. it was worth it, even. it's probably a little late to pass suggestions as to what you should take with you, but i guess i'd go for your favorite treatment for hangovers. ;)

i can think of worse things than not being nice, though, so don't leave sot2 just yet: i'd miss your posts.

I would take a CD player along with those CDs.
So, have fun.
It'll probably be pretty cold by the way. I don't know about Sweden, but we're having the coldest days of winter here at the moment, about -15C. Which isn't horribly cold, past winters considered, but it's still cold enough. Connecticut is pretty cold as well though, right?

NF: Woo, I woke up around 9am and didn't, and still don't, feel tired.

rahvin said:
:Spin:

once i had to wait at an airport in paris for seven hours to get to goteborg. it was worth it, even. it's probably a little late to pass suggestions as to what you should take with you, but i guess i'd go for your favorite treatment for hangovers. ;)

i can think of worse things than not being nice, though, so don't leave sot2 just yet: i'd miss your posts.

i wasnt leaving sot2 altogether - just needed a new home for substantive content like 'im nervous because im leaving' and 'im sad because my friend killed himself.' i still have my toilet humor and viscious argument needs too.

nf: i'm on holiday. :D very cool. well, honestly i still have a bit of work to do after dinner, and at least two of the four days off are not really off because i have stuff to do which isn't much fun, but i still don't have to go to the office and punch a card (well, it's a magnetic badge, but you get the idea), all the while berating myself for not being able to wake up at a decent hour once again.

hoildays = goodness

NF: :/

I still dont know.
I feel as if I am looking at myself all the time o_O
I wish it passed
I'd like to be myself again, please :p

Pfff *sigh*
I havent even been going out the past ..four days!
Oh no, two :p (well that was weekend, doesnt count)
It really feels/is odd tho :/
[edit] That feeling, not the not-going-out, obviously :p
[edit2] And that going-out is ..a social thing..if anything

It's 7am, Ive just come back from Paris and Ive had one hour of sleep so far.. and Im not tired o_O
I'll see DT in 12 hours! Ok things seem slightly unreal now maybe I should go to bed

Hitori said:
NF: worried, I have a pet crisis. My cat refuses to sleep with me as she used to, just because I let my puppy into the bed for ONE night. since then, my cat just goes to my sister's bed no matter what I do or say. also, I just took my puppy (yorkshire terrier) and the old dog (chihuahua) to the park, when out of nowhere comes this huuuuuge golden retriever. i picked up the puppy in time, but my old dog got trampled and shoved because the golden retriever wanted to play. It took me like 10 minutes to get them apart, but now my chihuahua hates me I think.... It all felt like a slow motion struggle, but must not have taken more than 1 minute

also, excited/nervous about tonight
:/ She's hurt. Take her with you when you go to sleep, and hug her and talk to her, maybe she'll forgive you :p When my cat's pissed at me she tries to ignore me and act all bitchy, but when i cuddle her enough she can't resist it anymore :') When i cuddle one of my other cats, Limppu gets insanely jealous and furious and attacks the other cat. She owns me and she thinks that no one else is allowed to get the attention of her property :p I'm only allowed to adore her :p

NF: :erk: In a few minutes, I'm going to call the place where I worked last summer and sign me up for seven weeks of incredibly boring and disgusting work. :erk: Why oh why do I do this? *"secretly" hopes he wont get any job*
I know that when I've made the call, I'll get anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.