Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
idari said:
:/ She's hurt. Take her with you when you go to sleep, and hug her and talk to her, maybe she'll forgive you :p

i tried that but now she doesn't even want me to touch her :cry:
and half the time it pisses me off and since im kind of proud/stubborn I say "fine!" and go pet my puppy, which doesn't help

i need pet therapy :erk:

NF: pining for the fiords

Where are you? Was just at a football game in a -15C weather. Much better than the last time when it was the same and really windy, though.
It's a pretty easy winter this time around all in all.
Another thought is that Rusty was here totally at the wrong time. He just saw the 'mud and other shit' part of the winter, the scenery and weather in general is really cool and great for the last week or so.

NF: A little sore and a little worried about whether I'll manage to study enough before the exams begin.

Québec province in Canada, the only french part of the country.

We've reached the -40 degrees barrier in January, to give you an idea.

Winters last for at least 5 months, and it gets on the nerves at some point in march.

@gav: well, i never had the faintest inkling of getting depressed and lonely when my parents left me on my own... but different strokes, i guess :)

nf: i got my ph.d. this morning. seriously. i'm dr. hyena now. :D

hyena said:
@gav: well, i never had the faintest inkling of getting depressed and lonely when my parents left me on my own... but different strokes, i guess :)
The first time they left I loved it! Tonnes of freedom, but last time my girlfriend and I had a rough patch and my borther was never home, and the amount of chores/homework I had was piling up. On bonfire night I stayed in and when I ordered pizza the delivery guy asked me what I was doing inside and why wasn't I out enjoying myself. I was waiting for my girlfriend to come home... very very sad times. If my parents left me during some holidays Id be fine, its just that I have to wake up and get ready for school + do all the shitty jobs my parents normally do for me (I know its pretty mommas-boyish but I really can't help the fact that I'm dependent on their aid). I'm definately gonna just try and enjoy myself though... try not to worry about shit all the time.
Oh and congratulations DR. Hyena... Later next week you can diagnose me as clinically depressed. :p :loco:

NF: Pretty good. Just had a promising band practice. Heavy stuff coming out. I managed to slip in some neo classical riffage, which I'm very glad about.

@rus: thanks. :)

@gav: i'm not a medical doctor. my ph.d. is in economics, and no, this doesn't mean that instead of diagnosing you i should give you money. :p

I need to pee, but the bathroom is being repaired at the moment.

NF: The feeling of needing to pee. (I don't think there's a word for it)

hyena said:
nf: i got my ph.d. this morning. seriously. i'm dr. hyena now.

:hotjump: Congratulations! So you succeeded with one of your new year resolutions? Good work!

NF: Argh. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel good about the testimonial I got from the boss at my holiday work. Meh.

EDIT: Soon...DT and Kreator! Sweet. :D

thanks everyone :)

(@la rocque: yeah, it normally does)

actually, it's the second new year resolution that comes true - i also succeeded in getting one paper accepted by a decent peer-reviewed journal, although the delays related to publication mean that it won't be out until about may. then it's going to be dr. hyena, published author :p a third resolution might also come true, but we'll have to see (another paper due for a book, but i'm not positive i'll make it on time)

nf: okayish, but extremely tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.