Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: Back to the office and feeling quite exhausted. Got back from London yesterday late at night with a hideous foodpoisoning bug. :erk: Needless to say, it wasn't nice at all to sit in an airplane with your stomach messed up.

Edit: a stupid typo

TheFourthHorseman said:
Firstly, am I the only one misunderstanding this or finding it bizarre? First off I thought that she popped half an erection when taking off her trousers, then I wondered if women there just carry around logs from forests for fun. Dude, wtf? I seriously can't be serious about this.
I first thought that he meant that the girl was just very hairy, and wondered wtf that had to do with anything.

Schwedentod said:
Now my questions to you:
What do you think?
I also think you did the right thing. If you'd forgiven her and continued the relationship she'd never learn that what she's done is wrong. I know it's hard and it will take ages to get over her, but it will all be better when you find someone who's actually worth your trust. Good luck!

Schwedentod said:
To my mind, sex is something fantastic (anyone who disagrees?), but the feeling to hold someone in your arms which you love and have the chance to sleep besides this person is much more important (surely someone agrees here, right?!?).
I've never understood sex as just sex. I could never sleep with someone i don't have deeper feelings for. To me there is no such thing as "meaningless sex", i just don't understand it. Sex is supposed to be tenderness and showing your love to the other person. Meaningless sex, in my opinion, is disgusting. "Making love" (i hate that impression, it sounds retarded) on the other hand is beautiful.
And i agree, it is better to sleep in the arms of the person you love. Sleeping in someone else's arms feels random. It's nice to not have to sleep alone, but it definitely doesn't feel the same as sleeping in the arms of the only person you love and who loves you.

NF: I've dreamt of my cat every night since she disappeared. I keep bursting into tears randomly, and when i think of her i can't breathe properly.

NF: Crazy. i worked all my waking hours yesterday and today, im a bit worn out now. i think in about a week ill be completely dead, so many things to do, and all of them really important. All good things, except the work stuff, but i guess i should put some effort into that every once in a while. Yesterday i got an unexpected positive email from a highly respected audiophile mastering engineer, it blew my socks off to hear he was "very impressed" with my mixes. And I'd been hoping that (and would've been content if..) his response would be 'not too negative'. He's an honest guy too, not scared to point out what's wrong. I half expect he got my email mixed up, but he did call me the right name!

I think i need to eat and sleep..

sad story with your girlfriend schwedentod
anyway if someone loves somebodey else than there cant be no cheating because of it aint love

blöde sache das mit andrea aber is besser du machst schluss(was ud auch gemacht hast) als noch weiter "verarscht" zu werden. zu ernsthaft kanns ja auch für sie nicht gewesen sein eure beziehung wenn sie sich mit dem naturburschen öfters getroffen hat... ist manchmal richtig scheisse wie beziehungen verlaufen, man stellt sich das alles ganz anders vor als dieses surreale reale leben.
aber kopf hoch, in trier gibts sicher auch noch andere tolle mädels

buta nother question:
do you go to the krakfest in trier at the end of this month?

Honestly, I had planned on just lurking again, but I just read through the whole Schwedentod story. Dude, I'm so sorry that happened. I really don't know if there's anything I can tell you to make it better. I've been in a similar situation before (the details of which I won't get into again), but suffice to say, it was of about the same magnitude in a shorter time span. Now, I'm still with the same girl, and that was a little over two years ago, so I do think it's possible to work through things like that.

That being said, I think that everyone here knows I'm a bit ... erm, vulnerable? naive?... something of that sort, and so it's rather unsurprising that I eventually forgave her, but I can tell one thing - if she is honestly sorry for it, and I mean that kind that you can see in her eyes, and if this relationship really is a big thing, then I'd try to work on it. However, there is that point at which one has to just walk away. I can't tell you where that point is, so I'll leave that to everyone else, but regardless of what happens, I'm sorry man. I hope things work themselves out for you in the future.

~kov.

@rahvin: That one made me smile right now!

@solefald: Yes, life sometimes seems to be surreal... And about girls: I think next time I won't search for a new relationship because a) the wounds are too fresh and b) I'll go to sweden in July to study there for 5 months. So - regarding my ability to trust right now - I wouldn't be able to set up a new relationship for some weeks and then get away for 5 months.

About Krakfest: Maybe, will you be there?!? I live only 10 minutes away from the ExHaus, we could meet there, have a beer, and if you need a place to sleep... You know where to ask!

@Idari: I only had one 1-night-stand so far, it was OK but nothing special. But I knew the girl before and we were something like friends. But I know (since this day) that it's much better to share intimous moments with someone you love. But I also think, I won't be able to set up a new relationship in the near future, so maybe there will be a woman without love, I just don't want to fool anybody (saying that we have a relationship and being together just for sex). But don't understand me wrong: there are more important things in life for me than only sex!!!

@DragonLady: Keeping busy helped me during the last days. I met sone friends, we had a barbecue yesterday and so on... I'm not alone and I'm very thankful to all these people (and to you all, of course!!!).

well yes, its so important to have friends around u when something like this happens... there were 2 or 3 really great mates around when my ex left me... it was so good to have them... and I remember he left me one day before the rockhard festival, and hey, seeing DT live after quite a few years was a good thing too :)

Schwedentod said:
@rahvin: That one made me smile right now!

@solefald:
About Krakfest: Maybe, will you be there?!? I live only 10 minutes away from the ExHaus, we could meet there, have a beer, and if you need a place to sleep... You know where to ask!

hm Im not sure yet if to go but there are a lot of cool bands
the only problem is that on friday I have lateshift and work until 11 and gonna miss the first day(with the great deceiver and hatessphere and Jaka :headbang: ) thats not so cool
but on the second day I think about it to check it out
and pforzheim is just 2 hours away from trier

I will think about it and tell you my plans
but the next months are gonna expensive and full of concerts, first converge, then anathema, krakfest maybe, cipher system in may oh yeah this will be a good year

Schwedentod said:
@Idari: I only had one 1-night-stand so far, it was OK but nothing special. But I knew the girl before and we were something like friends. But I know (since this day) that it's much better to share intimous moments with someone you love. But I also think, I won't be able to set up a new relationship in the near future, so maybe there will be a woman without love, I just don't want to fool anybody (saying that we have a relationship and being together just for sex). But don't understand me wrong: there are more important things in life for me than only sex!!!
I can imagine it would be pretty different to be with someone you don't really care about, than to be with your boyfriend/girlfriend. My boyfriend's said that his a-few-nights-stands weren't even worth doing it, and he regrets them so much, and he said that he can't even compare them to being with me because it's so different and so much better with me. If he could change the past he wouldn't do those things again, simply because they sucked.

Today was a good day overall. And then it turned crap.
I hate going to bed when i'm feeling bad.

@Schwedentod: I just read what happened to you and i was so sorry to hear it. It was a terrible thing to happen. I wanted to tell you that i think you did the right thing, since it was the second time she did it, and she lied to you for such a long time, and she wasn't even the one to come say this to you (which would have been a sign of regret). Of course you're a better judge of the situation, but from what you wrote i think you should forget her, you'll find someone more worthy of you.
As for being able to trust someone else, time will heal the wounds. Eventually you'll be able to trust again (even though it might be hard at first), you just have to remember that not all women are the same. Good women are kinda rare, but certainly not impossible to find.
I wish you good luck with all this. :)

I too have just read about your situation Schwedentod. That's bad. Ifeel for you my friend. It's so killer when you are sure you're girlfriend is unfaithful but they deny deny deny until one day their guilt gets the best of them. Fact: You are better off without her, and with time the pain your feeling (which I can imagine is quite immense) will fade. Of course you may find it hard to trust a women again. However, if my GF pulled something like this with me, I dont think I'd ever bother with another relationship. No one would be able to compare to my current girlfriend and the way she makes me feel, but with all relationships there are bad things about her companionship aswell as good. Just try to focus on why its good to be out of there. You did the right thing.

NF: A mixture of things. all are quite good, but I feel an impending sense of doom. Something is going to bring this good feeling crashing down.

Thanks again @all! Your words helped me a lot, this means really much to me. I never posted a lot in threads not directly related to DT because I didn't know why. Now I know, and be sure that I'll try to find the right words when someone of you is in trouble. As friends told me lots of times, I'm a good listener... Let's try!

On the situation: I feel better today. I'm now a single for 10 days, but I start to see a glimpse of future coming towards me. A friend from Trier will visit me today and next monday, my studies will start again.
Yesterday was bad, because I had a dream in which I was happy with Andrea. Then I woke up and realized to be in this unreal real world.
Today, the sun is shining and my heart gets filled with better thoughts. Not everything's great now, of course, but I now know that all my wounds will heal one day. This may be the day when someone new can get all my love. I'm looking forward to that day!

Once again: Thank you all!

YaYo said:
Yesterday i got an unexpected positive email from a highly respected audiophile mastering engineer, it blew my socks off to hear he was "very impressed" with my mixes. And I'd been hoping that (and would've been content if..) his response would be 'not too negative'. He's an honest guy too, not scared to point out what's wrong. I half expect he got my email mixed up, but he did call me the right name!
Great news! I would say "I told you so", but by now hopefully you've realised that I'm always right anyway. ;)

nf: hyped in a semi-negative way. i'm going to have an EXTREMELY hectic day at work, then i need to get a window fixed in my flat. tomorrow i have to attend a party where i will get bored as usual and fail to meet a decent man, and then i'll have to travel north in order to cast my vote in the upcoming elections.

i'm trying to charge up with a song that actually cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.