Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: Relieved. I had my exam in oral Swedish today, and somehow I managed to use the word 'window' in a conversation about politics. Conclusion: there's a chance I won't get an A.
rolleyes.gif

-Lamia

Lamia said:
NF: Relieved. I had my exam in oral Swedish today, and somehow I managed to use the word 'window' in a conversation about politics. Conclusion: there's a chance I won't get an A.
rolleyes.gif

"solutions that don't do away with such a high part of social welfare are like a whiff of fresh air coming through an open window in the stagnant room that is our parliament". :)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
"solutions that don't do away with such a high part of social welfare are like a whiff of fresh air coming through an open window in the stagnant room that is our parliament". :)

rahvin.

Why thank you. Now, I will need that 1) in Swedish, 2) 6 hours ago. Ok? :Smug:

-Lamia

rahvin said:
@lamia: i have the feeling that you do not appreciate my efforts. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

Where on earth did you get that?! I love getting advice when it's too late. :p

My Swedish isn't really the best possible, but I believe I managed to create a sentence that was somewhat as follows: 'the party's window depends on what kind of stand they will take in the opposition'. What I meant to say was future, not window. To my defence: the words are at least a bit similar in Swedish... (ok, so the first letter is the same...
goggly.gif
)

-Lamia
på svenska

@lamia: it would help if i knew the possible signifiers for "window" in swedish. in italian - and partly in english - window can refer to a definite time-span, which in turn could provide you with a connection to "future". i'm not saying it's stylish, but if you're asked try to make it sound as if you wanted to use that word. they're gonna think you're weird, it could be worse. ;)

rahvin.

rahvin said:
if you're asked try to make it sound as if you wanted to use that word. they're gonna think you're weird, it could be worse. ;)

rahvin.

Now this is the kind of stuff I can use. And perfectly on time, too! :)

Seriously, you're right about the possible connection between the words 'window' and 'future', only I think in Swedish the word would've needed some sort of clarification, e.g. 'window of opportunities'. Then again, Swedish isn't my specialty.
rolleyes.gif

-Lamia

Since I am a language student I like to mess with words even in Swedish... and I find it creative to use "fönster" when talking politics! :) certainly sounds refreshing when otherwise words like "offentliga sektorn", "skattetryck", "välfärdssamhälle" and expressions like "vård, skola, omsorg" tend to be a bit... overused. No worries, and if someone asks just say you were trying with a different approach to a, to say the least, stale subject.

NF: relieved and stressed all at once, I'm done with a test in German, an English oral exam (I failed big time but at least I'm done) and I will probably get the highest grade possible in Russian :) ...if I work for it, that is... Now there's only tests in geography, maths and physical ed. left, plus some Spanish and then sweet, sweet easter holidays...

nf: good, both a test and a homework that i had to do for this friday (and i haven't really started to study yet) have been postponed after easter holidays :D because of a thing happening in my school this week
until yesterday the teacher wanted to do test and to see homework done anyway, but today he told us that :D

NF: Old. It's my birthday today and I am a ripe 28 years old. ACK!!! On a good note, my colleagues at work are taking me to lunch at my favorite brewery...which means I'll be getting nice and drunk, woohoo!!! I can taste the beer already......

Reactions: xenophobe
ShadowLioness said:
NF: Old. It's my birthday today and I am a ripe 28 years old. ACK!!! On a good note, my colleagues at work are taking me to lunch at my favorite brewery...which means I'll be getting nice and drunk, woohoo!!! I can taste the beer already......

oh, happy birthday! :Spin:
now it's gonna sound forced, because i'm stupid and i never look at b-days, but you deserve your own thread and i'll be happy to start one. :)

rahvin.

Originally Posted by Sunjammer
*gives Siren a hug as she says she needs one (or several)* :)
awww thanks *hugs* :) :) :)

Originally Posted by opacity
NF: taken advantage of :cry:
no I'm not angry. just endlessly sad........
:cry: shit happens, hope you're feeling better now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.