Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hyena said:
@rahvin: as stated in other contexts, baskets are evil. i'm a supporter of the tiny backpack instead, much more comfortable.

yeah, i guess i'll try the tiny backpack. i'm wasting so much time and money in stuff these days i just wish i could sneeze cash. :(

rahvin.

NF: not so good but I expect to feel better in a matter of minutes, my mood swings are almost gone since I started working out regularly :dopey:

Reactions: Caelestia
@Thanny: That's a great idea. Working out really helps mood swings. I should start to do that again as I remember having little to no mood swings/depression when I exercised.

@Nick: I'm sorry. That really sucks. Only my plan of action, but if you have copies of the assignments resubmit them and insist you handed them in. It also is too stern that the teacher calls two missed classes excessive absenses. Look into your school's student association regulations and document what happens. Most colleges and universities have regulations/rules to prevent unfair practices, and you may have some fuel here to use it against the teacher. My sympathies go out to you as I've had problems in the past with teachers. Good luck and talk to me if you need or want to.

I have an actuarial exam tomorrow, of which I will fail miserably. It's not that big of a deal since I can take it again though. But it still turns out to be frustrating. Trying to study after graduating is hopeless. :erk:

@tebus: best of luck. what's an actuarial?

now feeling: like my allergy is about to strike, like the day is gonna be long, like i've got a good idea, like tomorrow is definitely not saturday.

rahvin.

@rahvin: Well it's a combination of mathematics and statistics. Here's an example of what actuaries do. If I worked for an life insurance company, I'ld find the probability of someone dying at a certain age, and based on that prob., decide on what premium to charge that person for there policy. It sounds kind of morbid now that I think about it. But there are a series of 8 exams I have to take, and I've passed the first one so far, and I'm about to fail the second one ine an hour. :erk: But I'll be working in health insurance to start. Hope that helps! :)

@Caelestia: Wow! That's interesting to know since it's not exactly a well known field. Has your friend taken any of these exams yet?

@Tebus: True.. she's in it for the $$$. I'm not sure. I see her maybe twice a year. She spent 30 mins going on about how tough it is and how she admires this guy at the company she interned with. He's very young and passed his first time, etc. I'll ask her the next time I see her :)

@tebus: my financial maths professor in 2nd year wanted me to go off and study actuarial science in trieste, a place known for actuarial studies in italy... i just said no on grounds of wanting to finish econ instead, but the field is attractive. here, actuaries are really protected by the law: registered ones are the only people who can access a number of jobs and normally they're paid a whole lot of money. i hope your exam went well. let us know!

@Cael, My bro is very close to becoming an actuary :).

Iris, yes I unserstand all of that, but this teacher has tenure. He's been there for over 40 years, so its his word against mine more or less.

Nick (abit hungry)

@Nick: That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

@rahvin: Poor guy...

@Hiljainen: Good job! I'd be proud too.

@Caelestia: My god, I've written so many tests lately, I don't even know which one I was referring to! Thanks for asking! :)

Thanks everyone for their support, as well.

NF: Quite happy. My cds arrived in the mail today. It took me forever to get Figure Number Five out of that damn slip case. mmm...underground...

NF: Tired. I have to wait 2 hours at uni doing nothing *sigh* The girl next to me is wearing perfume that's making me drowsy.

@Incendiare: Ah, okay. Well, let us know how your tests went anyway :)

i'm not even sure why you changed it in the first place... :err:

anyway, if mark hasn't replied yet, you just wait patiently.
if he said no, well, you bribe him yourself: like, you become a premium member, you buy a t-shirt, and faster than you can say "holy bubu of the woods" i'm sure he'll be willing to switch you back to your old nick. :)

rahvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.