Status
Not open for further replies.
Tee said:
my husband.
don't get over blooded in the face with IF ANY.... I took it as an offense. :D
Sowwy. :D
:wave:@your husband

rahvin said:
i was referring to the fact that most greek people with a low culture tend to have deep feelings of racial mistrust or hatred towards people from turkey.
I believe the reverse stands as well. Lack of education (or misleading education) along with stupid governments is the source of all evil, imo.
Assholes exist everywhere.

@necromancy: unfortunatelly i don't have any turkish friends. i happened to talk with a few turkish people in the past, and i thought they were all nice people. :) imo, in every nation there are cultivated people who are worth talking to, and also stupid fanatics. btw, half of my grandparents lived in Smyrne, so i do have some special feelings for the place.. :)

hi tebus! :wave:

nf: bad headache. i'm back at work, so here's the piece of news i promised. my boss will get retired starting sept. 1st, and this library is going to wind up in the hands of the man who's now second in command, no substitute for my boss sent our way in any case. while on the one hand this is a good scenario - i won't have to struggle for acceptance on the part of some new guy who could be an asshole, since the other man, whom we'll call b, already knows and appreciates my work - on the other i'm pretty nervous about it: b doesn't really know jack shit about the situation under an administrative level, and his lack of decisional skills is so well-known that last night, when i confidentially revealed this information to the young teacher i went out with, she made a face and said "ok, i think i'm going to get something with alcohol in now".
in short, i'm going to become second in command now, due to the tremendous lack of personnel we're experiencing. this means more influence, more stress, less free time, same amount of monthly wage.

My parents marriage finally collapsed last night, because my dad is an evil minded bastard. He's told me in particular to leave, and as I'm 21 in August, he has no beneficial duty to me whatsoever. If I want to go to university I have to pay for it, and this means I can no longer afford to spend this semester studying in Sweden. I'm in the process now of packing my things and selling my guitars and other things I can't take with me, and I'm leaving. For the moment at least therefore, it means not much internet access.

Wow, that's really shit. :/ Very sorry to hear it Ben, I hope everything turns out as well as it can for you. Good luck.

Dark_Jester: Ouch! :erk: Things like this make me appreciate the fact that my parents, despite their numerous flaws and shortcomings, have in the end always supported me in all the ways they can. I'm 25 and I just moved back to live with them a few months ago - it's been hell, but at least I know they will let me live here as long as I need to. Thus, I can't really know how you feel and all I can say is: I feel sorry for you. Hopefully things will get better some day.

-Villain

Status
Not open for further replies.