Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hyena: you might want to buy a stun gun, i don't know whether it's a legal weapon or not, but since it doesn't cause permanent damages... :saint:

@hyena: i think it's more like a "moment of anger" of some idiot, and i don't think those kind of persons remember much about it, it's only an act of a bully with nothing interesting to do..
yes cities aren't safe places (even villages arent: some time ago in the square of a 2500 inhabitants village near here where i usually go on sat night a group of people (almost) killed one of them with a screwdriver) well, this isn't encouraging..what i meant is that there aren't safe places (at least in italy)...i'm worried about who i can met too, but i wouldn't worry so much for this particular episode

@xeno: see my avi, but the concept is not mine, it's a drawing that i made of the image on a card of a cardgame :)
then the stupid images that i post sometimes (articular eminences) are drawings of mine, but they're only jokes :lol:

Originally posted by Hiljainen
@xeno: see my avi, but the concept is not mine, it's a drawing that i made of the image on a card of a cardgame :)

Ok, you drew that? Thats really good, I always thought it WAS from the unamed ( ;) ) card game :confused:

Good work :)

Originally posted by Salamurhaaja
Thats why I wanna try it :D

But alas, no places for that here :(

If you have the equipment, all you really need is a gym with an area 2 meters wide and 30 long. The problem is, the equipment can get expensive, especialy when buying the electric scoring stuff. that's why you use washable ink tips on practice blades, and you just mark the corners of each section of the area with masking tape. I was looking at european fencingwebsites, but Icouldn't get far because I don't speak french. Most places like the YMCA have fencing programs, I'm sure there's one near you.
You could always just start stabbing random people with anything sharp, but then you get rrested.

Steve

in our uni sports program there's something called renaissance stabbing err fencing, with rapiers and parry daggers... sounds cool but they want to do shows with that as well... which refrains me from taking further looks at it.

Originally posted by hyena
unsettled. i came back from work at around 8.20 pm, unboarded the bus, reached my car, and found that someone had stuck a piece of paper under one of the wipers. this piece of paper said "who the fuck gave you a driving licence? you shouldn't have parked that close to my car, asshole". now, it's not like i think i have incredible parking skills, but the problem is that, had that person waited for me to come home to club me in the face, i would probably be in a hospital now. who tells me he's not there tomorrow to do it? someone who takes the time to write such an aggressive note could well ambush me. and if it's a 6'5'' guy, what do i do? tell him that he's going to regret it? shoot him with a water pistol?

i am not a one-man army in the physical sense of the word. i keep on getting in troublesome situation, mainly on account of having a car (which i think i'd better sell, seeing how much tension it generates, in a crescendo of crashes, minor accidents, and now threats). maybe it's on account of being a single woman in a big capital. i can't have a gun legally in this country, and as everyone knows unarmed self-defense is only good as long as the opponent is not twice one's size.

also i am not getting bodyguards until i am about 50, probably, so this leaves me with dramatic issues.

being unsafe sucks.

If he's a 6'5" guy, have me there. I'm a 6'6" guy :)
Look at th self defense stuff on http://www.amazing1.com. You could aso wire capacitor to a metal element on your wipers so ayone who touches tem gets shocked.

Sriously, Pepper Spray would be good. It isn't that hard t get. In fact, I recently discovered the Walgreens Pharmacy near me sells pepper spray and military tear gas in pocket sizes. It's kind of disturbing, but it is good self defense. You could also get a small pocketknife (blade length under 4" is legal to conceal without a permit in the US, it's not considered a weapon). you don't need to hurt anyone, just scare them away. If you want a stun gun, I can probably find wiring diagram for one with readily available parts.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.